Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter live

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Heroic Fantasy Games; Knights of the Chalice 2

It's been 11 years since the release of Knights of the Chalice. Now the Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter is finally live and will run until July 2nd.

Greetings to you, worthy friends! KotC 2 is the brilliant offspring of acclaimed computer role-playing game Knights of the Chalice (now available on Steam). The new game is intended to recreate the best aspects of past 2D D&D computer RPGs such as Baldur's Gate 2, Temple of Elemental Evil, Dark Sun Shattered Lands, Champions of Krynn and Planescape: Torment.

KotC 2 uses the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of tabletop RPG Dungeons & Dragons 3.5. D&D 3.5 is well known for its tactical depth and the wealth of its character classes, feats and spells. KotC 2 expands the library of races, classes, feats, skills and spells in order to be even more Devious & Deadly than D&D!​

I don't have a credit card and there seems to be no paypal option, so I will hop on the Codex fundraiser bandwagon as soon as DarkUnderlord puts that up.

I don't have a credit card and there seems to be no paypal option, so I will hop on the Codex fundraiser bandwagon as soon as DarkUnderlord puts that up.
From the Kickstarter page:

You may use the button at the bottom of the KotC 2 Features webpage to support the developer at any time, or to take part in the KotC 2 Kickstarter campaign once the campaign has been launched. Please add a note with the name of your reward tier, your name and your email address. Many thanks for your support!

Also please note that by backing with PayPal you will not be backing through Kickstarter. You will receive the rewards for the tier you backed, but you will not be able to comment on the Kickstarter page (unless you pledge an additional GBP 1 through Kickstarter).

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Imagine asking for 30 EUR for a game with those production values in 2020!

The retard isn't even giving you a Steam key at 20 pounds, it's just an installer download, Steam key comes at 28 pounds.

Most kickstarters don't give you a complete game (+editor) almost immediately after you pledge, I prefer that over a steam key. Still this deserve the investment in the tiers that do give you the steam key.

Drowed

Arcane
Mechanically, the game looks as good as, or better than, the first one. And that's incline for sure.

But forgive me, Codex, but that thing is so ugly that hurts. It won't stop me from playing it, but I'll miss the look of the first KotC so much.
:negative:

Curratum

Mechanically, the game looks as good as, or better than, the first one. And that's incline for sure.

But forgive me, Codex, but that thing is so ugly that hurts. It won't stop me from playing it, but I'll miss the look of the first KotC so much.
:negative:

He's very obviously trying to go for the "I purchased all those Roll20 round tokens to play with my friends online" look, because that's what all the hip modern tabletop fans use these days...

_V_

Scholar
Much too expensive tiers... Still took Diamond Knight.
Wouldn't have done it, if I hadn't played KotC1 first, tough. Pierre being a crazy nerd and not a faceless corporation also helped.
Still I don't think, I've ever felt so dissatisfied after a pledge...

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I've done my part.

Meanwhile, it's almost halfway there within a hot second of the Kickstarter launching, so I suspect it'll reach its goal and then some!

rotgrub

Novice
Gotta be honest. I backed it at Diamond Knight tier purely based on KOTC1. But damn that video was weird. Not seeing it gaining much traction beyond KOTC1 vets. But oh well I suppose that's enough.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member

Credit Cards aren't widespread in Germany. You have to have a foreskin to understand why paying interest to a credit card company for the privilege of being allowed to pay for something with my own money is kinda weird. I have a debit card that allows me to pay electronically anywhere in Germany, and I pay absolutely no interest for it whatsoever. Such unkosher business practices must come as a shock to americans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom