Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Statement from RPG Codex about Chris Avellone

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Chris Avellone; Hurt Feelings; Icewind Dale; Icewind Dale 2; Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter; Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter - Trials of the Luremaster; MCA; Men who make awkward passes at women and regret it when they get cancelled; The Love God

We here at the RPG Codex have known, and even strongly admired, Chris Avellone's work for many years. Perhaps one of the most well known RPG character writers in the gaming industry, Chris has worked on and has been involved with many RPGs that users on this site consider classics. Games such as Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter, and Icewind Dale II.

Not to mention Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter - Trials of the Luremaster, along with a handful of other, lesser known titles.

Like many, we have struggled to come to terms with the allegations made against Mr Avellone. It's tough to respond to a story made about someone you love when you are feeling hurt and betrayed. Emotions make it difficult to think clearly. But apparently, the truth is out.

Chris Avellone isn't gay.

We are just as shocked as everybody at learning this. For decades, in fact since this site was founded back in the heady days of 2002, it was our assumption that Chris was a raging homosexual. He wasn't known as Chris "Asselone" for nothing. And we certainly weren't the only ones.

To discover that this isn't the case has left many of us shocked and without words. It is something none of us ever expected:

Lol, why so many people voted on Chris being gay?

It's in the voice and mannerisms.

He is a flamboyant homosexual. Finding out he isn't gay would disappoint me in a way I haven't been disappointed since finding out dunkey is actually a fat white guy as opposed to a cool black dude.

To discover that Chris "the Love God" Avellone has made awkward passes at women in their 40s and been rejected, hurts us in ways that cannot be logically understood with logic or reason. It's something that has rocked many in this community to their core. And it's something a lot of us will need time to process, to heal. To learn to forgive.

We know the entire internet is in uproar at this at the moment, and we respect anyone who needs time to process this information.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Spent years of my life trying to get the slightest of his attention, to notice my existence.
It was never enough. Now I feel completely betrayed, lost, anguish. I can't see how I can ever overcome this.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Avellone peaked with Lionheart, you can tell he's poured his heart out. Only to have that same, beautiful and pure heart ripped out and tarnished publicly by a late 40s barren cat lady. Why God, why?!

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

...or is he?
yuriy-galtsev.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom