Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Steam Sky routes release on Itch.io

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Steam Sky; thindil

Steam Sky has been released on Itch.io. What is it? It's basically a steampunk airship game where you can earn a living trading, doing missions, and all sorts of things airship captains can do. Though early in development, you can set your own price if you're wanting to check it out. Per the author, is more strategy based than tactical like most of roguelikes. Here's more of the features:

• Buy cheaply, sell expensive: find the best trade routes between sky bases.
    Each base type sell other items. Some bases even only buy items. Prices of items in bases depends on bases types. For example, it is a good idea to buy food in agricultural bases and sell it to industrial bases.
  • Do randomly generated missions to gain money and reputation at sky bases.
    Patrol selected map areas, explore new areas, deliver items to bases, etc. Some missions may require some free cargo space, others may depend on installed ship modules.
  • Manage your ship's crew: give them orders, hire new ones or dismiss old members.
    Your crew and your character must eat and drink. Wounded, hungry or tired crew members works slower. As crew members spend some time on the selected order he or she will gain experience in selected skill which allow works faster or more precise.
Steampunk? Trading? Faction system? And character and crew progression? Oh yeah, keep baking those cookies, thindil!

Spotted at Temple of the Roguelike

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, this isn't either though some claim it was.

5HPm0De.jpg

2NaGGmd.jpg

xJExxOc.jpg

I was a fan of spelljammer so Skyships are close enough. Even though Pirates of Realmspace was a buggy mess, I never lost hope for some skyship privateering.

I'll be checking this out. Atm, no gameplay/review vids.

Last edited:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I was a fan of spelljammer so Skyships are close enough.

Does Spelljammer even exist in modern D&D or are they too busy making monsters that are more powerful than the Tarrasque these days?

On that same note, I wonder if Owlcat is ever going to take on Starfinder.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
If powerful is flamboyant transexual beholders that are FABULOUS, then you'd be spot on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom