Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ELEX II releasing on March 1st

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tags: boner-inducing incline; ELEX II; Piranha Bytes; THQ Nordic

Everyone's been waiting with bated breath for the official announcement of the release date of ELEX II, the sequel to the most xenial game out there by Piranha Bytes.

Amateurs of eclectic open-world RPGs need wait no more, for THQ Nordic has dropped the bomb at last. Mark your calendars - March 1st, 2022 is the date you're looking for:

Time To Book Your Spring Break: ELEX II Releasing March 1st, 2022

Essen, Germany / Vienna, Austria - November 10th, 2021: Magalan is in dire need of a hero: The factions are inches away from starting an open war and the world is still haunted by monsters of all different kinds. A new force is rising, threatening to change the face of the planet forever. It's about time for you to return to Magalan, put on Jax's boots, and kick some ass. The survival of mankind depends on it. ELEX II, the science-fantasy RPG by Piranha Bytes, will release on the 1st of March 2022 for PC and consoles.​

Exhilarating news indeed!

The press release behind the link also includes the content of the lavish ELEX II collector's edition, if you care about those sorts of things.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So would it be Eurojunk with nice story, which would force people scream about racism, segregation, anti-LGBT and other stuff? Or would they tone stuff down and release a safe story about a person who is flying to the sky in jetpack, and try to earn money on people who liked ELEX I?

Original had relatively mild "outlaw" faction. Not enough drugs, guns, violence. I think you could have sex with "she never removed her shoes in last half year" woman nicknamed "Nasty" So outlaw faction wasn't completely romance free.

They should add more land mines into Outlaw area in ELEX II. It was relatively mild in comparison to real world like czech warehouses in Vrbětice.

Ruzen

Savant
Nobody expects to be a Disco Elysium
but let me blast some more shitt yo!

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I've got my hands on the beta version, here's some first impressions.

You start a game in middle of a woods and suddenly meet a mysterious stranger who tells you a story of his people in a 5-minute unskippable cutscene. You're about to kill yourself 4 minutes in, but the game crashes to desktop so you quickly refund and make a vow to never buy Eurojank again.

Shin

Cipher
I'll probably buy this... eventually. As someone who thought that Piranha Bytes had lost their touch after Risen, I was pleasantly surprised with how fun Elex was. Although the magnitude of veneration it captured on the codex was excessive, I do appreciate the love that such eurojank titles receive around these parts.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
exeJ4xf.png

Zeriel

Arcane
The jetpack focus seems really bad for the kind of gameplay PB games have, but I guess I'll hope for the best.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Really excited for this, I've had some of the best interlocking quest moments ever in ELEX. And no one else can make open-world exploration as much fun as Piranha Bytes.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
a NPC on steam said:
Main character is a drug addict?
There is clearly something wrong with the main character, he is ill with something, either alcoholism, or drug addiction. He has a very unpleasant, haggard face, more suitable for a villain than a hero.

Clearly, being an addict is the only option.
0d1382f7cb1a5ca4a369cfac740b0653.jpg

Skdursh

Savant
The theatrical cinematics released so far have only succeeded in making me throw up in my mouth, cascading into a vodka bender to calm the nerves from the hysterical disappointment over how fucking GAY it looked and how fucking GAY it sounded with such awful generic rock music placing me mere moments from driving an icepick into the depths of my ears. I really need to see some actual gameplay. I'm a big fan of OG ELEX and most every other release from the kings of Eurojank, but I'm definitely tempering my expectations much more with this than I normally would after they released those absolute titans of trailer cringe.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
a NPC on steam said:
Main character is a drug addict?
There is clearly something wrong with the main character, he is ill with something, either alcoholism, or drug addiction. He has a very unpleasant, haggard face, more suitable for a villain than a hero.

Clearly, being an addict is the only option.
0d1382f7cb1a5ca4a369cfac740b0653.jpg

Thought Jax was an addict because he absorbs ELEX directly into his body.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The theatrical cinematics released so far have only succeeded in making me throw up in my mouth, cascading into a vodka bender to calm the nerves from the hysterical disappointment over how fucking GAY it looked and how fucking GAY it sounded with such awful generic rock music placing me mere moments from driving an icepick into the depths of my ears. I really need to see some actual gameplay. I'm a big fan of OG ELEX and most every other release from the kings of Eurojank, but I'm definitely tempering my expectations much more with this than I normally would after they released those absolute titans of trailer cringe.

Gameplay has been out for months: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/elex-ii-jax-is-back-coming-march-1st.138985/page-12#post-7381165

They just haven't put it in a trailer yet.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I didn't play ELEX 1, and I sure as shit aint gonn play ELEX 2.

So shoot me.

This looks kind of garbo

I guess the most fun part of it is imaginging just how excited the rat boy is, and how erect his little peepee is.

#Nohomo

Falksi

Arcane
Hope it's better than the first. Was hugely disappointed with it, just a big ball of blandness.

I'm fine with jank if there's some spice or flavour to the game like with Risen 2's humour, but when it's just flat and takes itself seriously it just becomes a void of dull. And that's what Risen 3 & Elex did.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom