Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News System Shock to become a TV series

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tags: System Shock

Great news for all System Shock fans!

If the hundred or something reboots, remakes and sequels of System Shock that are currently being planned or made haven't yet satisfied your appetite for more, here comes the announcement of a life-action TV series. You know it's going to be good, because its screenwriter has already successfully tackled the transition of video game material into the cinematic medium, and the project will be overseen by the original creators of System Shock - Nightdive Studios!

The small-screen adaptation of PC masterpiece System Shock has been handed to Greg Russo, the screenwriter of 2021’s Mortal Kombat for New Line Cinema. Not only will he write the exclusive show, but he’ll also be making his directorial debut by showcasing the story of Citadel Station’s descent into chaos.

Alongside Mortal Kombat–which proved to be a success with HBO Max, with a reported 3.6 million viewers on its opening weekend–Russo has adapted other games for film and television, including Space Invaders for New Line, and Saints Row for F. Gary Gray.

As with all other Binge-produced shows, Russo will be joined by the company’s Allan Ungar as producer, while Nightdive Studios’ Stephen Kick and Larry Kuperman serve as executive producers.​

I hope that the series will incorporate all the iconic parts of the franchise - the audio logs, the respawning monsters and the hunts for hidden black alien eggs. Nevertheless, it appears no further details are known at the time, so we'll need to remain patient and keep our fingers crossed.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I guess you could make a TV series out of System Shock, but its not really something that works in a medium outside of video games. You could do a prequel, showing life on the station leading up the events of the Hacker breaking out, but that would be kind of lame to watch.

Also, I want to point out that for some reason this guy wrote a script for a Space Invaders movie, you know, the game where you shoot at aliens from behind a bunker. What kind of deranged boomer thought up that crap?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
What the fucking fuck why the fucking fuck is this fucking fuck a fucking fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
What did you expect? You live in the Land of Rape & Honey my man. And you're gonna get it good.❤️

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
matrix-not-like-this.gif

Self-Ejected

Hafnar the Jester

Self-Ejected
Just to think that twenty years ago I would be excited about the news of expanding a franchise into the movie territory...

Duraframe300

Arcane
Just to think that twenty years ago I would be excited about the news of expanding a franchise into the movie territory...

It's not like 20 years ago it would have had a high chance to be good. But at worst, you'd get campy, dumb fun. Something people would get upset about, as they often did, but you'd still secretly watch and laugh about.

Nowadays its guaranteed that you get something mean spirited that is going to directly insult the original audience. And afterwards you get piled on if you dare to dislike anything about it, because of that fact.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom