Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Kingdom Come: Deliverance II Official Gameplay Showcase and Previews

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I like the quick reply system. Good improvement.
The city is impressive because you can clearly see most if not all buildings have interiors and its all seamless which shits all over what Bethesda does.
Not entirely convinced on the emergent quests, I feel like these are just going to be a lot of trash fetch quests to create the illusion of content. But we'll have to see.
The NPCs reacting to Henry's visual condition is interesting but I worry its just going to be set dressing and not really offer anything mechanical outside of what the original did whenever you put on Cuman Armour.
Music is a big improvement.
The UI looks alright.
Hate the Depth of Field, glad you can turn it off.
The combat doesn't look that much improved, I think their streamlining idea hasn't paid off, the same clunkiness still appears to be there and masterstrikes still appear to be as annoying as ever.
I was disappointed they spent so long showing the dialogue considering the limited choices it offered - we're just going to end up hearing this again when we play it... so for a gameplay trailer its just wasting our time unless there was a major gameplay impacting choice - but we only really see that once in the entire video.
I would've liked to have seen "Concerns" alleviated - such as what fighting in groups is like because in the original game it kinda sucked and was a mess. We also didn't get any gunpowder or polearms shown, only the crossbow and frankly it looks shit, the only reason to use it would be if you suck with the bow.
I like that you can talk your way out of combat with bandits now, thats a big improvement. Bandits were annoying af in the original game because they'd just teleport out of nowhere, at least now they telegraph they're around.
I dont feel motivated to pre-order knowing how quickly embracer titles go on sale.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Hey, Henry looks less like a babyface in this.

Also... I'm willing to bet the mod to remove that annoying schnapps save system will be out before the game itself will be :lol:

Yes. The first thing I did in the previous game was using cheat engine to give myself 80 schnappses. :-D

It almost seemed like I could feel Vavra rage at me in that moment.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Over seven years for a "more of the same" sequel.

If it's more polished than the original, why not? There weren't any big holes in the gameplay. The original knew exactly what it wanted to be.

Besides, let's remember that you are an Obsidian shill with a terrible taste in games. We are just thankful it's not another Pillars or The Outer Worlds.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
No forced inclusivity, so refreshing. Díky bohu.
1000001432.jpg

It looks great. Very similar to KCD1 which is a good thing. I'm so excited for the game that I'm already quite sad it will be over at some point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom