Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Avowed Gameplay Demo and Previews

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
big-pile-shit.gif

Late Bloomer

Scholar
You are the center of everything. See that treasure chest? Thats for you to get. It wasn't put there for any other reason other than to have you loot it. Shit game made by shit people.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
This game looks awful, obsidian will probably be closed by microsoft soon.
Obsidian is still working on The Outer Worlds 2, and, even if that is also a failure, Microsoft will keep them around as a dedicated developer of multiplayer online survival games, imitating their earlier success with Honey I Shrunk the Kids Grounded. :M

Fargus

Arcane
Skyrim clone in one of the most boring settings ever made, without modability of Skyrim and full of nu-obsi\microsoft schozophrenia and wokeness.

Can't wait for that big bang bang in february, bros

ipBVFrC.jpeg

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This game looks awful, obsidian will probably be closed by microsoft soon.

Thanks to XBox Game Pass it doesn't matter if the games are good or not. Microsoft just needs new content for their service. The Netflixization of gaming is here!

Dark Souls II

Educated
I feel like this might be it. This will put Cyberpunk 2077 and Starfield to shame. They have the winning formula. PoE 2: Deadfire was already one of the most worthless computer programmes ever developed, not only because it had one of the objectively worst donut steel OC settings ever created. And they still decided on an ambitious goal to try and make an even worse game in the same setting. Remove the only thing that wasn't appalling in Deadfire (isometric perspective with prerendered backgrounds), replace it with janky FPP that looks like an ad for a fake mobile game, focus your efforts on the "bing bing yahoo zap zap splurt" combat model completely devoid of fun and challenge because it's there just to have an excuse to have meaningless flashing colors on the screen for the zoomer audience (and the combat is still fucking slow, what the fuck, the guy playing this has time to chit chat with the used-up septum-pierced BMI 30 sweaty moid because it takes 30 seconds for the enemies to just slowly approach him, and no more than 2 enemies attack at once even though there are 5-8 enemies in the area, the enemy AI seems to be completely fucked because the enemies can't find the player or just stand in place or even stand in place with their backs turned to the player, again what the fuck?). Not to mention the complete lack of any semblance of soul, aesthetics, integrity or artistic focus. It reminds me of that Fight Club quote when Edward Norton beats up Jared Leto (understandable) and he says "I wanted to destroy something beautiful". Obsidian already made one of the worst games ever in one of the worst settings ever, but they wanted to go even further, they were like "we want to make the worst game ever, the game nobody wanted or asked for, the most nauseating mush of goyslop ever developed by a bugman". And by golly, it looks like they might have succeeded.

Drowed

Arcane
:neveraskedforthis:

Who asked for this?

I know Obsidian has a reputation for making derivative, generic and soulless versions of other games, but this time, I think they outdid themselves. I don't know if I've ever seen anything as aggressively mediocre as this video in my life, made by a "big/famous" company. Maybe that Overwatch clone thing, I don't even remember its name. By every conceivable standard, this is boring: the uninteresting dialogue, the visual style without identity, the UI without any flavor, everything is so. Fucking. Completely. Forgettable. Holy shit.

Zanzoken

Arcane
You are the center of everything. See that treasure chest? Thats for you to get. It wasn't put there for any other reason other than to have you loot it. Shit game made by shit people.

I also love how the entire quest was in effect pointless, because the gold NPC is the strongest character in the level and therefore could have easily done the quest on his own.

Plus the fact that even though you ostensibly have choices in what to do after you pick up the shard, I'm guessing you end up having to fight that guy no matter what you choose.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I mean, the spellblade combat bit is ok and with a proper Reshade you can surely make that rainbow vomit not as egregious but all the mechanics look shallow as shit. It would need to have some absolutely fantastic worldbuilding to make up for any of this.

deuxhero

Arcane
Skyrim clone in one of the most boring settings ever made, without modability of Skyrim and full of nu-obsi\microsoft schozophrenia and wokeness.

Can't wait for that big bang bang in february, bros

ipBVFrC.jpeg
He's right: "Banger" is a type of sausage that has a high water content (read:filler to increase apparent weight), causing it to pop when heated.

Shaki

Arbiter
Damn it's insane how they managed to make it look even worse than their last gameplay video. Hell, it seems unironically worse than Starfield, which I didn't think possible considering how souless and plastic it was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom