Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Caves of Qud finally releasing on December 5th

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Caves of Qud; Freehold Games; Kitfox Games

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/333640/view/4542535021350562775

After 15+ years of development, Caves of Qud 1.0 will be released on December 5th 2024! We’re amped up on the juice, near out of our minds, and so ready to let the creature emerge from its cocoon.

Tutorial Leaving Beta for 1.0 + The Last Story Quest
This is the capstone update to the hundreds of updates we’ve put out over the years. 1.0 will include the new tutorial that we’ve been beta-testing, meant to help teach beginners the very basics of the game. And also… the much-anticipated final quest in the main questline, with multiple endings. We’re playing this one extremely close to the vest, but just know we’re pouring our hearts and souls in.

In addition to the tutorial and last quest, 1.0 will have several new music tracks, new sound effects, new items, lots of bugfixes, and other small feature improvements.

To pair with this announcement, we have a Steam Daily Deal going RIGHT NOW for $16.99 USD, the lowest price Caves of Qud will ever be. On October 29th, one week from today, the price increases to $29.99 USD. So if you’ve been on the fence, or you have a friend who you’ve been nudging to dive in, today is the day!

Pets of Harvest Dawn & Dromad Deluxe
Alongside 1.0, we’re also putting out the Dromad Deluxe edition which includes Caves of Qud, the newly enhanced soundtrack, and the Pets of Harvest Dawn DLC pack, with in-game companions for your character. Pets of Harvest Dawn includes pets that were exclusive to Patreon supporters while the game was in early access. The pack will also include one never before seen pet.

Whew… we’re almost there. Thank you to all our water-sibs for supporting us on this journey. As announced previously, we plan to keep working on Caves of Qud after 1.0, and we’ll have more details about those plans in a future update. For now…

Live and drink.​

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
That's pretty great, although I'm not sure what the changes will be, beyond the completion of the story. To be honest I played over 50 hours of this not even figuring out it was in early access. I never even got to the point the end point of the story. Some pepe techno deus vult asshole, probably a codexer, threw a grenade at me, bypassed my shield, and I died in one round. Fuck you. One day I will find you and get my four mutant, double-muscled claws around your scrawny neck, you inbred nerd

Grauken

Codex made me Woke
Patron
Pedophiles
Source? Based if true.
e59eb5d503b0f756ebf43f6da031940712fdaa1cf02d9695a117a3acff7293ad_1.jpg

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Heard that someone involved with this game was a tranny child predator. Anyway, I always found Tales of Maj Eyal to be superior.
Some random artist was or something, but who cares.

Anyway Tales of Maj'Eyal is superior in some regards but they're pretty different games, not mutually exclusive.

buffalo bill

Arcane

Drowed

Arcane
There are already two mods for this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2347095444

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3132177581

The first one has existed for several years.

The bigger problem with the game is that there is only a single main path storyline with essentially no plot branches. Even so, it's still one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

I guess I'm the butthurt one because I bought it on GOG and can't just subscribe to mods, and Nexus has, like, 20% of the total mods on Steam. C'est la vie.

I do agree with luj1 that Tales of Maj'Eyal is better, but I have already played it to death at this point. I will end up playing QuD eventually, but all the drama around it is more fun than the game itself so far. Maybe I need to give it another chance.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
What did they add to 1.0 that isn't already in the current version?

There should be - it was promised (lol) - rework for economics, that shouldlimit merchants water supply - for now every crature has infinite water, so for managing water supply - guess for settlement or fraction? - Water Barons will be added in the flesh.

Trading for now is as cumbersome as possible already, so not sure how it will plays out.
Especially that I always have bugged merchants who keep all loot I sold to them, so they have no space for new goods on refresh - so I forced to sell loot first to some shitface dromad for water, then recoil to good merchants, literally sitting on a tank with water, then carry waterskins I could carry with me, trading in part water, part gems&gold, then trading it back with rest of water.
Like, it would be really better if merchants won't be bugged like that, and clean all shit you sold to them.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Actual, real economics is broken anyway with combos of cloning gel+morphing poligel... cause 1 drop of itcost like 1000+ K of water.
I just trade with loot to not completely lose interest in loot&thropheys.
But maybe I should...

buffalo bill

Arcane
What did they add to 1.0 that isn't already in the current version?

There should be - it was promised (lol) - rework for economics, that shouldlimit merchants water supply - for now every crature has infinite water, so for managing water supply - guess for settlement or fraction? - Water Barons will be added in the flesh.

Trading for now is as cumbersome as possible already, so not sure how it will plays out.
Especially that I always have bugged merchants who keep all loot I sold to them, so they have no space for new goods on refresh - so I forced to sell loot first to some shitface dromad for water, then recoil to good merchants, literally sitting on a tank with water, then carry waterskins I could carry with me, trading in part water, part gems&gold, then trading it back with rest of water.
Like, it would be really better if merchants won't be bugged like that, and clean all shit you sold to them.
As far as I know, merchants currectly have inventory turnover. Just leave the map and world travel for like three days and come back. There's even a message prompt in the log when they get new stuff.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom