Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Caves Of Qud Dev Turns Out To Be A Pedophile - Codex Mods Censor The Thread

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/caves-of-qud-part-time-contractor-is-a-pedophile.149186/

So this entire discussion got moved from here to what is basically a hidden part of the site.

I realize it's not strictly about the game, but what thread here is? The thread is dead most days of the year and this is a pretty relevant issue that there are few places online to discuss publicly.

So was it Roguey crying about it? Or was it Infinitron thinking the story about a child molester working on Caves of Qud "as a part-time contractor" (lol nice cope) for fucking years wouldn't look neutral-positive enough for the Steam curator?

Caves of Qud btw: the game where they're so concerned about their community that they pre-interview Discord members to make sure they're leftwing enough. I guess they weren't worried about convicted pedophiles though.

The devs who've personally called this site "a shitshow of reactionary garbage".

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
1703361197201.png

Wew, hey, totally not censorship, guys!

You need to be logged in and have been a member for a year to see it or post in it, but totally not censorship!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thanks NEG. This is the dumbest thing I've read all week.

Are you whining because you can't discuss this with other Codexers because it was moved to a place where all of this sort of thing is discussed... with other Codexers. Or because you can't advertise it to Google? If it's the latter, why don't you put it up on a blog that you put all the SEO crap on, or see if rusty will help you out.

If you just want to chat with Codexers, I can't even begin to fathom what you're crying about.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You're not asking for freedom of speech on the Codex.

You want the Codex to provide you a platform for brigading across the wider Internet, which is something else.

In reality, more Codexers will learn about this after I split the thread, because they see the interesting title.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Thanks NEG. This is the dumbest thing I've read all week.
Retard, this is hidden from Google and new users.

I could DM other users if I just wanted to discuss it privately.
You want the Codex to provide you a platform for brigading across the wider Internet, which is something else.
No, I want a place to discuss it publicly. No censorship. Nothing hidden. And with other RPG players.

If you want to say "the Codex is no longer about free speech, please go to Twitter" say it.

But don't fuck with me with this "it's totally not censorship, see we gave you a little sandbox in a hidden forum" bullshit.

If it were in a thread in that same forum, that'd be one thing. But you didn't do that.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
In reality, more Codexers will learn about this after I split the thread, because they see the interesting title.
Oh please. You buried it in the Gaming Drama subforum. Even I rarely check there.

And again, that's hidden from Google and newer users.

There's a user in the Qud thread complaining that he can't see it.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Who the fuck, on the Codex, finds threads using Google?
People searching for info about the game on Google see it, retard. The world is bigger than the RPG Codex. That's why Infinishill censored it.

And people deserve to know that Qud devs let a pedo work with them for years while filtering their own fans for signs of dreaded conservatism.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Who the fuck, on the Codex, finds threads using Google?
People searching for info about the game on Google see it, retard.
cry moar fgt

Go put it up on the Qud discord where everyone looking for info about the game will see it. Or tweet it. Or... y'know, blog full of SEO crap about CoQ. As an aside, I'm not surprised that you take a close interest in all things CoQ related.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Go put it up on the Qud discord where everyone looking for info about the game will see it.
Because that won't get banned. :roll:

Fuck off, microbrainpoet.

"Oh no, my free speech is being stifled because nothing I wrote was deleted and all the replies to it are still maintained and people can still read it and reply to it."

You're insanely retarded.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
What do you propose instead? Hard labor for life? Banned from labor? Execution?
A punishment for pedophilia? That's not what the discussion was about.

Qud is a game. Some of the people who've bought that game are going to be under 18.

But they either had no problem hiring a pedophile and letting him interact with potential underaged fans, or they didn't even bother to check while they went to insane lengths to strain out the occasional conservatives unfortunate enough to buy their games with their "bigot bucks".

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Software don't smell, NEG. Could be written by rapists, slavers, monkeys or albanians, and it won't make a difference.
If this is some contractor, I don't think he's even legally obliged to state his offenses when negotiating the job. If the development studio did run his name through the sex offender register, I don't think they are legally obliged to share that with the public.
Looking a the credits for some Hollywood action movie I see hundreds of names of people that worked for it, 100% at least some of them have been to jail before. Should that be disclosed on the poster, least you buy a theater ticket to see a movie that had a DUI offender holding the light during some scenes?

I get the repulsion towards pedophiles, I don't get the repulsion towards a game where a pedophile wrote some code some time ago. Is this a libertarian "vote with your wallet" thing? Prosperity gospel thing?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
If this is some contractor
Again, they give random players who join their Discord more of a background check than this guy they worked with for years and let interact with fans as a dev.

And "contractor" is a copout. Everyone is a contractor when it's an indie dev. Doesn't mean you let just anyone interact with fans and post as a dev.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
lmao

there was a guy in the Qud thread who complained he couldn't read the thread in the subforum because he didn't have permission, so Infinitron just moved his post.

Yeah, totally not censorship!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom