Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Diablo 2 1.10 patch soon.. No, seriously

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Diablo 2

Over on <a href="http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/">the Diablo 2 page</a> of <a href="http://www.battle.net">Battle.net</a>, there's some information about the long, long awaited 1.10 patch for the title including that it's currently in QA right now. Here's just a taste of what all they posted on <a href="http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/">there</a>:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li><b>More Challenging Gameplay</b> - Diablo II players who adventure in the Nightmare and Hell difficulty levels will experience a world in which the monsters have become more powerful and substantially harder to defeat. Players may need to develop new tactics or enlist aid from others in order to face these strengthened minions. The monster improvements include enhanced AI, more skills, greater damage, and higher resistances.</li><li><b>A New World</b> - Players can expect to encounter more randomly distributed unique monsters in every locale and even a few guest monsters where players wouldn't normally expect them. In addition, characters above level 70 will require increasingly more playtime in order to gain levels.</li><li><b>Enhanced Skills</b> - The skills of each player-character class have been thoroughly revised. On top of that, a new system of "synergies" has been added to each character's skill set. Allotting a point to certain skills will result in synergy bonuses to one or more of that character's corresponding skills. After the patch is released, visit The Arreat Summit for more details.</li></ul>
<br>
<br>
Let's hope they fixed the skills so that putting points in a lower skill can augment greater skills instead of them just being replacements, therefore a waste of skill points later on.
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</a>.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
hey

I love how Blizzard continuesly releases patches when they don't need to. I do however dissagree with their release of that 1.10 starcraft patch, it fixed one bug and made all 1.09 replays unwatchable. The bug was a rare one so the trade off was pretty bad since there was a lot of good replays from the 1.09 era from what I heard.

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
A link to where ? A notebook file on my pc ?
I guess this info must be somewhere else but i do not know where.

Anyway i have deleted it.

Astromarine

Erudite
anyway, yes, the skill now tie in to one another. at www.diabloii.net there's a "synergistic skill list", that is WAY outdated according to a D2 patch dev. Still, it will give you an example of how it might work.

Astro

chrisbeddoes

Erudite
Azael said:
chrisbeddoes said:
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/images/other/bonespear.jpg

I like the look of that, it means that the points pumped into low level spells are no longer worthless.

only the skills you have actually spent count not + skills by items

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Azael said:
I like the look of that, it means that the points pumped into low level spells are no longer worthless.

That's most excellent, since that was one of my biggest complaints about Diablo 2, and one reason I really liked the Druid class. Lower skills boost the skills later on, meaning you're not screwed by taking several points of a lower skill when you need it at lower levels.

Astromarine

Erudite
that would be nice if the spirit wolves weren't utter crap outside PVP, even with the passive bonus. :)

The bear has ITD, meaning spirits were a one-point-wonder.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Astromarine said:
that would be nice if the spirit wolves weren't utter crap outside PVP, even with the passive bonus. :)

The bear has ITD, meaning spirits were a one-point-wonder.

Right, but it was a step in the right direction. Hopefully the Druid's abilities will be tweaked even more for balance purposes.

Rosh

Erudite
Usually all pet classes are crap outside (and even inside) PvP.

Most of those pets would be dropped by an AOE spell from most classes who can, and usually don't provide enough time for the necro or pet class in question to do much. Whereas a curse and cast necro can do much better against most. With how Diablo 2 has strict sub-class set abilities, then it rather makes it like a certain flavor of Necro has any hope against the classes with an AOE spell.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
PvP is hardly the entire game.

Speaking from the standpoint of a necromancer, I'd rather breeze through the game with summons and have a little trouble with the occasional PvP than slog through downing mana potions every other screen.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Diablo is what screwed over the summoning classes, IMHO. He's AOE attack instantly wipes them out. If you focused on summoning, then Diablo is utterly impossible for you.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Not neccessarily. The iron golem gets natural thorns, increasing in damage reflected with every extra point put into him... this is of course ignoring curses altogether.

Yes, the necromancer will not destroy the game on nightmare and hell like the sorceress will... but he is definitely not useless.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
Diablo is what screwed over the summoning classes, IMHO. He's AOE attack instantly wipes them out. If you focused on summoning, then Diablo is utterly impossible for you.

Yes, I noticed this too. At the start of the game, I had my necromancer focus almost entirely on summoning. When it came to fighting Diablo, they all fell apart the first time he does his fire wave thing. I felt that the skeletons became extremly weak after the first act.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom