Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Mass Effect Interview

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: BioWare; Casey Hudson; Mass Effect

Although Mass Effect is a console game, the depth of its design had surprised us, which is why we'd like to introduce the game to our readers (special thanks to Casey Hudson):

How would you compare Mass Effect to Knights of the Old Republic?

It's a good question. In some ways Mass Effect is a lot like Knights of the Old Republic, so all KOTOR fans should be really excited. You have a starship, and you travel the galaxy, having all these really great moments. You have all these Mass Effect powers, which are a lot like Force Powers in the Star Wars universe. However, the main difference, which is where the game really shines, is the main character. I know the word "extreme" may seem overused a bit, but it's an extreme character who does some very extreme stuff unlike Revan who was a very blank character.​

Click here to learn more.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Hillarious!

This storyline creates many questions like "evil robots?", "horrific cycle?", "harvest of organic life?", "return?" which, hopefully, will be answered in the third game.
"Have you heard of the evil robots' plans on harvest of organic life?"
"Good day"

Gosh, sometimes I think Casey is VD's wild imaginary friend, but then the reality hits me in the balls.

Ladonna

Arcane
How can anyone over the age of 9 read that and take it seriously? I am sure he means well, but it sounds like a toy advertisment off TV.

MacBone

Scholar
The game puts Commander Shepard in one extreme situation after another. There are no simple solutions to the problems and threats Commander Shepard is facing on daily basis. His only options are to break rules, defy authority, and generally raise hell as he forces his way towards the galaxy's darkest secrets.
Intense!

sqeecoo

Arcane
I thought it was real until I got to grabbing people by the collar from a distance using the force.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Well, Darth Vader did that, so I'm sure that Commander Shepard can handle it too.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
So this is what that Fallout 3 site you're planning will be like? Pretty juvenile guys.

A laugh is a laugh (even if its a jumping to conclusions laugh), but can't you keep it so the interviews are the real deal, at least? I would actually like to see a real Codex Mass Effect interview, but stunts like this make that less likely.

obediah

Erudite
Wait? What?

Damnit, I had a head full of clever comments for the interview, but then I saw the pictures, which must be fake. Which throws Mr. Hudsons involvement in this in doubt.

The real question is was the interview real (well besides the feigned interest on Vd's part)?

Hi there folks. BioWare's Evil Chris Priestly here.

Just stopping in to make sure that everyone understands that THIS IS A FAKE INTERVIEW. It is some sort of parody or joke, but it was not given by Casey Hudson, the screenshots are photoshopped and I want to make it known that it is understood that this is a fake.

I'm not sure why the good folks here at RPG Codex posted it without some sort of disclaimer or indication that it was a fake, parody or whatever and that was not actually conducted with Casey or made with BioWare's approval, so I'm just making sure you all understand that this is a joke and not the real thing.

The screenshots are real, but have been photoshopped to try to increase the humor of the piece.

If you want to learn more about Mass Effect, please visit us at http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Thanks all.

:evil:

Evil Chris Priestly said:

Just stopping in to make sure that everyone understands that THIS IS A FAKE INTERVIEW. It is some sort of parody or joke, but it was not given by Casey Hudson, the screenshots are photoshopped and I want to make it known that it is understood that this is a fake.

I'm not sure why the good folks here at RPG Codex posted it without some sort of disclaimer or indication that it was a fake, parody or whatever and that was not actually conducted with Casey or made with BioWare's approval, so I'm just making sure you all understand that this is a joke and not the real thing.

The screenshots are real, but have been photoshopped to try to increase the humor of the piece.

If you want to learn more about Mass Effect, please visit us at http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Thanks all.

:evil:

Why do you lie?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Evil Chris Priestly said:
Just stopping in to make sure that everyone understands that THIS IS A FAKE INTERVIEW.
Do you have any proof? It's the internet and we are not stupid, y'know. Anyone can claim anything these days.

The screenshots are real...
Thank you for being a man and admitting that. All this talk about the interview being fake was giving me a headache.

Btw, "evil" (in your name) is so yesterday, "extreme" is where the real action is.

Atrokkus

Erudite

NOw THIS is the ultimate climax of the satire.

KreideBein

Scholar
Now THIS is drama. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom