Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Mass Effect Interview

Amasius

Augur
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That dementi is even more hilarious than the interview. EXTREME!!!

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Evil Chris Priestly said:
Vault Dweller said:
Do you have any proof? It's the internet and we are not stupid, y'know. Anyone can claim anything these days.

You're right, anyone could claim to be me (one of my legions of fans no doubt).

How's this for proof: Cme to our forums, look at the 6th post down on this page: http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/vi ... 15#4785346

Proof enough?

:evil:

Why do you lie?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Extreme Chris Priestly said:
Proof enough?
No, Chris (if that's your real name), it's not. You are only confusing us. What parts are not true anyway? Let's work together on this, I think that these parts sound suspicious to me. What do you think?

"We wanted people to feel like all throughout the game they're somebody really important and special and to have that kind of feeling that when you arrive on a scene, people take notice."
This one is obviously fake. Sounds too stupid.

"And Commander Shepard is an N7 ELITE which is a member of the human military that really is among THE VERY BEST OF THE BEST and he's already PROVEN himself. And you can also, of course, create a female Commander Shepard. But because we give you a certain kind of experience which is that NOTHING IS GOING TO HOLD YOU BACK. You will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to solve your mission, to get through that door, to accomplish your objective. And you will GO TO THE EXTREMES to do that. That's really the essence of the experience of being Commander Shepard."
Definitely a fake. That's beyond stupid.

"...if you're purely a good guy, then why are you fighting? "
Yeah, I see what you mean now, Chris. I should have spotted it myself. How embarrassing.

Briosafreak

Augur
Chris wait! Don't go away just just now, Volourn is coming and wants to have sex with you!Chris!...

... oh well, tough luck Volourn.

VasikkA

Liturgist
It'll be like KOTOR, but with guns!
aiee.gif

Ladonna

Arcane
That thread at Bio is hilarious.

Hook, line and sinker. :lol:

Better watch out now, Dr Shephard will come with a lawsuit, and get EXTREME on your arse VD.

Vault Dweller

Developer
From the Bio forums:

Chris Priestly said:
Parts of the interview are funny (I especially liked the photoshopped "screenshot" with FAR too much bloom), we just want to make sure that peopel understand it is a parody and not a real interview.
See, that's why they need someone more experienced to market Mass Effect. It's a next-generation game, god damnit! There is no such thing as too much bloom.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm not sure why the good folks here at RPG Codex posted it without some sort of disclaimer or indication that it was a fake, parody or whatever
It's kind of an intelligence test.

Ladonna

Arcane
Have you not read the Bio forums Claw?

No wonder they are worried.... :wink:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Meh. VD was relaly be bored developing his own game to waste his time doing this. He must also really hate NWN2 since he's not reviewing that instead making silly fake interviews whose only funny bits come from old forum posts. There's nothing 'new' in that interview that is funny.

Tsk, tsk.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
The point was to be repetive and steal forum posts and pass it off as a 'fake' interview? Lame. At least you could have added some more funny material. I would have loved to have laughed at least once during the interview instead of just shaking my head. At least the forum posts made me laugh.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Why? Nobody wants to read that fuckin' shit. I'm not that interesting. Mr. Sarcasm.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Then why the fuck do you post it here?"

Because I like RPGs. Duh. Which is why I find 'news' like this retarded.

Also, here's an idea. If you want me to have a blog why not just make a fake one for me. I'm sure you can find a lot of 'HILARIOUS' material of mine all over the internet to make fun of me and get greta laughs from everyone.

R00fles!

Shannow

Waster of Time
that's it. VD is pocketing money from Bioware for advertising ME to all the extreme-console kiddies visiting the codex on a regular basis *g*

damn, but i actually had tears in my eyes from laughing. especially with the bioware-forum posts *g*

Vault Dweller

Developer
The Walkin' Dude said:
VD, why arent you reviewing NWN 2?
Suibhne is working on it. If his opinion is very different from mine, then I'll write my own review or post some impressions. Overall, I was disappointed.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Hi there folks. BioWare's Evil Chris Priestly here.

Just stopping in to make sure that everyone understands that THIS IS A FAKE INTERVIEW. It is some sort of parody or joke, but it was not given by Casey Hudson, the screenshots are photoshopped and I want to make it known that it is understood that this is a fake.

I'm not sure why the good folks here at RPG Codex posted it without some sort of disclaimer or indication that it was a fake, parody or whatever and that was not actually conducted with Casey or made with BioWare's approval, so I'm just making sure you all understand that this is a joke and not the real thing.

The screenshots are real, but have been photoshopped to try to increase the humor of the piece.

If you want to learn more about Mass Effect, please visit us at http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Thanks all.

:evil:
Is it your first day?

The first few responses to this interview at the Bioware forum are funnier than the actual finterview. You should read that, Volo.

Dear god I think that's the worst interview I think I've ever read about Mass Effect by a long, long way... Casey must be really stressed out at the moment poor guy ... it sounded like he was trying to sell the game to the OXM/GTA playing crowd ... and that BioWare wanted to ditch most of the things that make an great RPG a great RPG. Subtle and intelgent character development and well writen dialog for a start

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom