Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 2011: The Year in Review

spekkio

Arcane
kingofpopcorn.gif

Well, this thread was even better than DU's Editorial.

:5/5::4/5: would read again.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Uh, I just realized, like this thread will be bumped up for a while, just pointing it out adminbros

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
"Astroboy" is certainly one of the most melancholic piece of art that I've ever seen, it's beautiful and I feel the presence of the atomic bomb, as defined by its absence. And sorry, I resent the fact of being called a weeaboo because I love Ozu, Mizoguchi, Mishima, FROM SOFTWARE or other assorted artists from Japan. But then, I also don't give a shit, LOL.

You love Ozu!? Fuck you in a bro way :P

hiver

Ive been busy.

Good review of games of the year. Nice to see someone keeps the memory straight about Cdprojekt assholes.
The rest is alright. Nicely written.

Good review of the codex too.
I have to say im a bit surprised at that so much i will have to adjust my opinion, (which is ofcourse personal and therefore extremely important), about the management a bit, because of it.

Just goes to show you that this illusion about anarchy or "freedom of speech" is utopian propaganda perpetuated by shit slurpers and schadenfreude junkies.
Or people that are way too optimistic about human beings.

hiver

ah, yes...

As far as people being crazy and loosing track of themselves and others on an rpg dedicated site... is that really a wonder?
In this medium that rigidly does not allow any kind of real interaction, but perpetuates and actively supports playing some kind of a character, all with avatars and other bullshit included?
Then add anonymity and almost complete freedom of any real consequences on top of that.

Is it a wonder that is a bit too much distortion for many?

here is an appropriate song:

(the fact that most of members wont understand the language is irrelevant, its too good for most of you)

Oriebam

It's only good enough for other Serbians. amirite

:yeah:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I think I might just split every post from about page 13 onwards off into Retardo Land.

hiver

first two posts after mine are, of course, by two amongst the most retarded idiotic shits on the site... how surprising, eh?
oribeam fueled by his stupidity proves me right, directly - again and again. with schadenfreude mental parasites slipping and dripping over his head.
jack goes to claim something, driven by pathetic need to feel better about himself, even though he doesnt understand a word of anything....

same old loop, spinning...

DarkUnderlord

These things happen - because you allow them to happen. By allowing them - you support them.
It may not be intentional but thats how the dice roll comes out, in the end.
To use a more site connected expression.

Its your forum, therefore, whatever goes on here is your decision, your responsibility.
After some point you (or anyone else) cant just remain aloof, distant, neutral. (chaotic or lawful neutral - doesnt make much of a difference)
Its not fair... of course, but i believe i dont need to explain such things about unfair things in life to you.

That thread about BC is there to be read by anyone because you let it be there.
Things got said, in the heat of emotional exchange of "discussion" (no i dont mean thing i have said there, that was intentional and with some purpose, however it missed to achieve something).
That doesnt mean its now a public property for everyone to "enjoy"... like this is some tabloid site - unless you make it so.

Im not arguing for complete censorship. That would be just an opposite extreme end.
And there is no real need to sway into one extreme or the other.
There is a middle path.

If i was in your place i would just delete all the stupid comments from this thread, instead of cutting a whole part of thread and leaving it to be read in retardo. And i would delete that other thread too.
Talk about it, mention it if there is a reason to do so - yes. But delete it too also.
Im not, of course, so youll do what you will do.

/
this is not an attempt to argue and start some discussion about this issue.
As i said, im busy these days and generally i dont have anything more to say about it.

/
since you mentioned cutting the thread from page 13 onward i took a look and saw that post by some pathetic idiot about brofist count

- I couldnt give less fuck about it if i tried, apart from it being generally nice to see a brofist for a good post. Not to seem ungrateful or rude arrogant bastard.

- if i would have anything to say about it i would say it certainly isnt right i have more brofists then sea or VD.
Since oribeam provided a lot of those on account of his stupidity (trying to suck up to me, but now claiming it was all ironic) - i would say taking off a hundred would be right.
i believe Ed actually really meant most of his but you can check with him and act accordingly.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
These things happen - because you allow them to happen. By allowing them - you support them.
It may not be intentional but thats how the dice roll comes out, in the end.
To use a more site connected expression.

Its your forum, therefore, whatever goes on here is your decision, your responsibility.
After some point you (or anyone else) cant just remain aloof, distant, neutral. (chaotic or lawful neutral - doesnt make much of a difference)
It's almost like we don't have this thread with like, rules in them and such. And no-one's ever been banned.

Then again, I'm not your babysitter. And if you've chosen to post information on a public forum, I have to assume you've made that decision knowing full well the consequences.

But then, as I said, that would assume I'm dealing with sane people here.

Its not fair... of course, but i believe i dont need to explain such things about unfair things in life to you.

That thread about BC is there to be read by anyone because you let it be there.
Yeap. And your inane drivel is here because I'm letting it be here.

Think about that one for a moment. Think about what you're really asking me to do.

Things got said, in the heat of emotional exchange of "discussion" (no i dont mean thing i have said there, that was intentional and with some purpose, however it missed to achieve something).
That doesnt mean its now a public property for everyone to "enjoy"... like this is some tabloid site - unless you make it so.

Im not arguing for complete censorship. That would be just an opposite extreme end.
And there is no real need to sway into one extreme or the other.
There is a middle path.

If i was in your place i would just delete all the stupid comments
... and there it is.

Again, think about what it is you're actually asking here.

Now read the article again. First paragraph of my rant. Last sentence.

DarkUnderlord said:
And it's fitting that some of the things that have happened in 2011 have made me realise that you're all fucking retarded. Completely. Fucking. Retarded.

I highlighted the relevant part.

Now again, think about what you're asking. What would happen if I were to really delete all of the stupidity on the Codex.

Really.

All of it.

Captain Shrek

We are not all that bad.

So says Captain Shrek, possibly retarded.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I wonder - are the staff members chosen by virtue of being the least retarded or the most retarded?

inb4 obvious pun btw

hiver

Look DU... i have no idea what you are imagining "i am asking you to do" but that has nothing to do with me.
I didnt ask you to do any shit.
And i certainly never mentioned whole of the codex either, or any babysitting.

hiver

Additionally,

- a correction - one thing i actually asked for is to reduce the number of brofists i have for about a 100.

Other than that you could do me a fucking courtesy and set aside our argument over wasteland 2codex temple for a minute or two and actually read what i actually bloody said without retorting to kneejerk insults and strawmans.
After all, that argument is the reason im under "discouragement mechanics" again, and that is the reason for these... "oohh youre inane drivel is first on the list!" and "ooohh think about what youre asking meee tooo dooooooo" lines.

I clearly wrote im not looking for an argument over this or any sort of discussion about it. Not because im "scarred of the consequences" but because it simply isnt my intention.
Im not after you and im not bloody trolling or any other such stupid shit.
You wrote your review of the year, i wrote my little post. Thats it.
Fucking opinions.

But i will not conform and or lick your ass and post how awesome you are, either.
You have enough of those following you around here.
And seeing how you dont lick my ass and post how awesome i am - i dont see any fucking problem with it.

Im actually giving you a courtesy of not thinking that you require it, at all.

And if you've chosen to post information on a public forum, I have to assume you've made that decision knowing full well the consequences.
Thats all very fine and dandy but why would you just assume that?
Because it takes any responsibility off from your back wouldnt be some part of the reason would it, now? Because its just easier to think so?

Not every case is the same, DU. You fucking know it and dicksmoker case which was much, much worse in its prolonged absurdity, banality, stupidity and then actual other real person information being revealed by the OP himself - AFTER NUMEROUS PAGES AND PAGES OF GOOD BUT WHOLLY UNDESERVED ADVICES AND SOLUTIONS TO HIS FUCKING PROBLEM... is a good example.
And lets not forget shits like andhaira and soup nazi who rushed to cause even more havoc and shit for everyone at the first opportunity they got.
Are we supposed to give them some sort of automatic amnesty from any consequence or a kind of "diplomatic immunity" because they did... what usually happens on the internets... or something?
Then who do you support here, in the end?

Should they not even be called shits when they act precisely like ones?

People in this medium, as ive described it in previous post, dont always have full control over their emotional reactions. It distorts them, sometimes in stupid ways, like dicksmoker, (albeit there wasnt much there to go any other way anyway), sometimes just in unfortunate and quick ways that happen in heat of discussion.
In this other case it wasnt BC who revealed personal info but some "friend", in the first place. And i do completely agree with your opinion about that "friend".

Of course, we can all go down the andhaira way and see trolling and alts in everything. Isnt that a wonder by itself eh?
Personally, i would actually prefer it was so. Even if its water under the bridge now and i was relatively glad to see no further damage was caused.

now... undoubtedly, some inbred retard out of those that usually follow my posts around will pop up and translate what i said here into his own intelligence level and try to present it as if im blaming you for these things.
Im fucking not.

But your decisions about what to do with these things affect how much will they spread and last. Or how much they will repeat.
Its simply a state of things.

What i am saying DU... is that this place can be much better, with some care applied around. And you know it, and youre already doing it anyway.
Its not about babysitting everyone, everytime, either.

There are no just two limited extreme options to choose from.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Additionally,

- a correction - one thing i actually asked for is to reduce the number of brofists i have for about a 100.

Other than that you could do me a fucking courtesy and set aside our argument over wasteland 2codex temple for a minute or two and actually read what i actually bloody said without retorting to kneejerk insults and strawmans.
After all, that argument is the reason im under "discouragement mechanics" again, and that is the reason for these... "oohh youre inane drivel is first on the list!" and "ooohh think about what youre asking meee tooo dooooooo" lines.
Actually your name came up a few times in various places about being retarded and possibly needing discouragement.

I clearly wrote im not looking for an argument over this or any sort of discussion about it.
... and yet you're still here.

Discussing it.

Not because im "scarred of the consequences" but because it simply isnt my intention.
Im not after you and im not bloody trolling or any other such stupid shit.
You wrote your review of the year, i wrote my little post. Thats it.
Fucking opinions.
And?

But i will not conform and or lick your ass and post how awesome you are, either.
You have enough of those following you around here.
And seeing how you dont lick my ass and post how awesome i am - i dont see any fucking problem with it.

Im actually giving you a courtesy of not thinking that you require it, at all.
Yeah, I don't know what the point of this part was.

And if you've chosen to post information on a public forum, I have to assume you've made that decision knowing full well the consequences.
Thats all very fine and dandy but why would you just assume that?
Because it takes any responsibility off from your back wouldnt be some part of the reason would it, now? Because its just easier to think so?
Ok, so let's assume you're completely fucking retarded then.

Here's the current process:
  1. User decides they want to share information about themselves or another person on an internet forum.
  2. User posts that information.
  3. Consequences ensue and lessons about life are learned.

Here's what you want me to do:
  1. User decides they want to post something.
  2. User posts information.
  3. BUT WAIT! What they've posted is completely retarded.
  4. Admin now needs to come along to make judgement call about what said user posted.
  5. That means we need enough admins, reading everything that's ever posted, to ensure that it's not inane drivel.
  6. That means we have - with 800 users active per day, making 1,500 posts per day - probably somewhere around 8 - 16 admins needed to read and monitor everything (and I do mean everything) that's posted.
  7. That means we've got 8 - 16 people all making decisions about what's retarded and what's not, deciding whether to delete threads or not.
  8. Given this place - an RPG forum devoted specifically to cRPGs - can't even fucking agree on what an RPG is or isn't, I don't believe it's unreasonable to assume that the admins themselves would get into disagreement about what is and isn't retarded and worthy of action being taken.
  9. More fun ensues.

More staff -> More judgement calls being made -> More disagreements -> More bullshit -> MORE RETARD

You have seen all the drama that gets generated whenever we ban someone, right? I mean, you have been paying attention?

I'm not your babysitter because you're a fucking grown adult. As a grown adult, I believe it's reasonable to assume that you have a brain and that, given you have a brain and survived long enough into adulthood to learn words, I don't believe it's unreasonable to assume that you should know how to use it and be willing to bear the consequences of your actions.

... but let's assume we don't take the steps needed to stop the retardation before it gets out and causes too much damage. Let's instead use the current system, where once retardedness is posted, some good samaritan reports it to the admins as being retarded.

Here's the problem with that: The thread is usually on page 15 before that happens. In fact, you know what? I'm pretty certain the Black Cat thread wasn't even reported at all. I *think* it was all handled by one of the mods, stickied and put into Retardo Land. I'm pretty sure I only found out about it from reading the drama thread stickied in GD some months after the fact. In other words, other moderators read that thread, decided it was fine, and stickied it because it was symbolic in some way and we were all happy for months.

In other words: The retard is already out. Everyone already knows. Much like Dicksmoker when I deleted his thread, plenty of people decided to post his real name and various images in other topics. I have better things to do than to be cleaning that all up, everytime this happens, because you're fucking retarded.

You either learn how to engage your brain and stop doing retarded shit (something Dickie should fucking know by now given how many memes he's created for himself) or you bare the consequences.

Not every case is the same, DU. You fucking know it and dicksmoker case which was much, much worse in its prolonged absurdity, banality, stupidity and then actual other real person information being revealed by the OP himself - AFTER NUMEROUS PAGES AND PAGES OF GOOD BUT WHOLLY UNDESERVED ADVICES AND SOLUTIONS TO HIS FUCKING PROBLEM... is a good example.
And lets not forget shits like andhaira and soup nazi who rushed to cause even more havoc and shit for everyone at the first opportunity they got.
Yes, Andhaira incidentally - who's been fucking banned and stuck in the moderation queue for months now. So here's a classic case - one of the retards decides to stick around. It doesn't matter how much I try and give him the flick, he's back with another account, reading everything and deciding to e-mail people about it.

Remember kids: All a retard has to do to read GD is register an account. They don't even need to post with it. We only turned GD off so Google wouldn't index it.

Are we supposed to give them some sort of automatic amnesty from any consequence or a kind of "diplomatic immunity" because they did... what usually happens on the internets... or something?
Then who do you support here, in the end?
That's the point, you complete dumbass. I am not fucking God. Despite popular myth and what my username might suggest, I am not in fact, omnipotent. I can't find Andhaira in real life and kick him in the balls, as much as I might want to. THe best I can do is ban him.

Oh wait, we've done that already.

About ten times in fact. You do know why his main account was AndhairaX, don't you? Because Andhaira I through IX were also banned.

And even then, here you are, discouraged, and yet you're still clamming up the forums with your retardedness. It turns out that no matter what you try and do to stop the fucking retards, they're too retarded to get the fucking message.

That judgement that you wanted me to make has already been made hiver. The verdict is in: You're a fucking retard. Can you fuck off now please?

You even have your own god-damned thread in GD about you. 34.1% of posters think you're a shitposter. 14.8% wonder why you haven't been banned yet. Only 35.3% think you're "good for what it is" or "a true bro". 48.9% of people think your time is up. In fact, if we remove the KingComrade results from the poll, it splits 58% against you.

And yet here you are, still posting. Jesus, what do I have to do to ensure these people get the message?

Should they not even be called shits when they act precisely like ones?
Ok, I have labelled you a shit. Does that make things better? Does this mean you're going to leave now?

People in this medium, as ive described it in previous post, dont always have full control over their emotional reactions. It distorts them, sometimes in stupid ways
You don't have to tell me about it. I'm talking to one of them right now.

like dicksmoker, (albeit there wasnt much there to go any other way anyway), sometimes just in unfortunate and quick ways that happen in heat of discussion.
In this other case it wasnt BC who revealed personal info but some "friend", in the first place. And i do completely agree with your opinion about that "friend".

Of course, we can all go down the andhaira way and see trolling and alts in everything. Isnt that a wonder by itself eh?
Personally, i would actually prefer it was so. Even if its water under the bridge now and i was relatively glad to see no further damage was caused.

now... undoubtedly, some inbred retard out of those that usually follow my posts around will pop up and translate what i said here into his own intelligence level and try to present it as if im blaming you for these things.
No, no, you're the inbred retard. Like I said, the Administrators made that call and discouraged you already.

But retards... retards never learn.

Im fucking not.

But your decisions about what to do with these things affect how much will they spread and last. Or how much they will repeat.
Its simply a state of things.
And no matter what I do, the retards still find a way to keep posting. THey register a hundred and fifteen alts, they hang around even when they're discouraged. It turns out retards really are quite thick.

What i am saying DU... is that this place can be much better, with some care applied around. And you know it, and youre already doing it anyway.
Its not about babysitting everyone, everytime, either.

There are no just two limited extreme options to choose from.
Yes, and you're a complete dumbass.

Andhaira? Banned. Banned again. Banned a few more times. Deleted. Banned. Discouraged. Put in the moderation queue so that NOTHING gets through.

He still posts.

prosper? Banned. Banned again. Deleted. Created his own forum. Deleted it all. Banned again. Discouraged. Stuck in the moderation queue.

He still posted 10+ times per day. We still had to read through his shit and moderate it. All of it. In fact there were times when the moderation queue would be filled with nothing but his inane drivel. In the end we gave him his own forum. The upside is we don't have to deal with his shit (we have better things to do) and it's easy to completely ignore if you want.

hiver? Discouraged. Keeps saying he doesn't want a discussion. Keeps making a discussion. Digs up a dead discussion that the admins have been talking about moving to Retardo Land because it just won't fucking stop with the retard.

No matter how many retards I discourage, they still find a way to hang around and post.

What do you want me to do here? Nuke the place? Because that's the only option left. But the sad thing is, that even if I did, you'd all just find somewhere else to be retarded. You'd retard up Facebook or Twitter, or the BioWare forums. It turns out that human beings are simply just fucking retarded.

Oriebam

first two posts after mine are, of course, by two amongst the most retarded idiotic shits on the site... how surprising, eh?
oribeam fueled by his stupidity proves me right, directly - again and again. with schadenfreude mental parasites slipping and dripping over his head.
jack goes to claim something, driven by pathetic need to feel better about himself, even though he doesnt understand a word of anything....

same old loop, spinning...
I posted a one-liner about the language of the video you posted there, which you said it was too good for us. And your post doesn't make any other sense otherwise, either

I'm not sure what JB was trying to say for sure and you don't either

(trying to suck up to me, but now claiming it was all ironic
When did I ever NOT try to troll you somehow? why the fuck would anyone even try to suck up to you, actually

You're focusing on the wrong things again and again, because of the ego you claim not to have

i believe Ed actually really meant most of his but you can check with him and act accordingly.
I think most of his brofists in general were ironic, he himself said something supporting this multiple times IIRC

Say, why would anyone brofist, for example, your non sequitur Game of Thrones flamewar bullshit if not ironically? Or the posts that are just a bunch of incoherent insults with your occasional "interesting" thoughts about the human mind or whatever?

I think I might just split every post from about page 13 onwards off into Retardo Land.
I assume I'm part of the retardation. You could PM me why, I can change my opinions, probably easily too

Or I guess I ignored what you said in the article, anyways apologies if it was indeed stupid, which I of course don't think it was, not too much anyways

does a semi-apology and saying I'll try not to do it again make it alright?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No matter how many retards I discourage, they still find a way to hang around and post.

What do you want me to do here? Nuke the place? Because that's the only option left. But the sad thing is, that even if I did, you'd all just find somewhere else to be retarded. You'd retard up Facebook or Twitter, or the BioWare forums. It turns out that human beings are simply just fucking retarded.

No offense DU, but maybe the really bad ones are so bad that's all your seeing thus your lumping us all into the "retarded" category? Some of us stay as far away from GD as possible and actually like discussing cRPGs... yeah I know pretty amazing huh? ;) Yeah, this place can get pretty bad but the actual cRPG discussions/ debates are interesting and informative with many having great insights or opinions I never thought of or considered. I can self-censor posts I read to ignore the trolls, I don't need or want a nanny admin (yes to free speech, open ideas and all that stuff). Long live the CODEX!! :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom