Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 2011: The Year in Review

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
The most ridiculous thing in this thread is Andy's insinuation of his sexual prowess.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
:decline: of Crooked Bee.

Sukeban Cho said:
Yet, to be honest, I hate all of you. Or, say, most of you. No, scratch that. At some level I hate all of you, even the ones I actually like, and a couple of you I actually like a lot (as friends, don't get ideas). You are all the kind of people I was raised to despise: You are nerds and geeks, and misfits no one likes, and weak willed louts. You are improper and have no manners, you are loud and dirty, and the only standards most of you have are about -videogames- of all things. Yet behind it all that's exactly what I would have liked to be, and then I hate my guts even more than I hate you all. I despise this retarded airheaded persona, I despise enjoying your puppy like antics, I despise coming back even after what she did because I can't escape being myself in any other place, and I despise having fun in such a place even more than I despise everything else.

Wow. The drama-queen is over 9000. You just blew right past my advice, right? I give up, have your shit.

The most ridiculous thing in this thread is Andy's insinuation of his sexual prowess.

But kind of fitting, though.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I just woke up, sleepy ferret on the lap, and what the hell did I just read?

Yeah, I hate that tickling sensation when it wakes up after being numb too... "Ferret" is an euphemism, right?

No, no. Nox, my ferret, always wakes up when he hears that I'm awake and will sleepily walk next to me and scratch my leg so I can pick him up and drop him on my lap. That's one way to spend mornings.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Has a news forum thread ever been stickied in Retardo in the history of the Codex?

cuz, you know

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm sorry Grunker, but no matter who she 'really' is, to me Black Cat is one of the handful (maybe five or six) really good posters on these boards who make this place worth reading at all. She may roleplay whoever she wants for all I care.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

She brofisted the latest delusional DQBC post.

Fisthurt detected! :troll:

GvkfS.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
To be placed highly on a list where hiver ranks #17 is a bittersweet honor :lol:

I'm sorry Grunker, but no matter who she 'really' is, to me Black Cat is one of the handful (maybe five or six) really good posters

This may be true when she posts quality content like LPs or reminisces about good video games. Hell, if not for her, I wouldn't have played that great DS-game where you control demonic suits of armor (I forget its name), and I wouldn't have lowered my hatred for jRPGs (still hate the artstyle, but since BC introduced me to some alright games I had to admit that compared to the status of wRPGs at least the japs are not selling out in force). But that's no reason to condone her rambling delusions.

I wouldn't brofist Sceptic 's political posts if he was a raving mad supporter of stalinism either. I.e. Black Cat has some good shit. Brofist that. Not her drama queen, teenage bullshit. Why encourage that kind of crap?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
To be placed highly on a list where hiver ranks #17 is a bittersweet honor :lol:

Ouch. Didn't notice him there. How does it feel to be less BRO than Hiver, Grunkerbro? ;)

I dunno about the whole DQBC deal. I just read her good posts and scroll past the walls of drama text. Maybe it helps that I don't bother going into GD/Politics/Library much. I've an altogether saner forum to follow for that. Her GG/GRPGD/Playground posts are high quality entertainment and that's really what matters to me. I mean, honestly, she's a 17yo privileged kid going to an all-girls school (or a person LARPing this is you're sceptic. It's the interwebz, anything's possible). Some degree of OMGDRAMA is to be expected and can be safely tuned out.

All I know is that i'd have missed out on some good games and some quality LP entertainment without BC and her alt accounts.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Thread getting dangerously close to being about BC instead of DarkUnderlords rant! Abort! Abort!
1334846565523.jpg

Morkar Left

The Codex is a dark fairy land which may or may not resemble reality. Sometimes there are landscapes that look familiar to real life or even overlaps into real life and sometimes the things are a twisted form of reality. And sometimes it is completely alien, unique or just blatant insane.

You all have to learn to deal with it.

Hell, if not for her, I wouldn't have played that great DS-game where you control demonic suits of armor (I forget its name)

Call me interested. Any chance to get the name and/or screenshots Grunker or Sukeban Cho?

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
Heed your own advice. There's a good chance that from now on I will just delete your deluded drivel if you show up in News or GRPGD.

How about keeping me out the frontpage's news posts and the thread discussing it to begin with, then?

Or keeping Andhy's walls of text discussing me out of either, since we are at it?

*shrug*

Call me interested. Any chance to get the name and/or screenshots Grunker or Sukeban Cho?

There's an old LP of it in the playground. It only covers the first dungeon and part of the second, so you can read it to get all the screenshots you may want and a general idea of how the game works without risking spoilers.

Though you need that opera browser hack to see the screenshots, I believe. I think I made it before switching to dropbox.

Morkar Left

Thanks Grunker and Sukeban Cho. I thought Shin Megami is only about Devils. Having Devil-Powerarmor is an entire different beast of course! Will check out the LP then.

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
Thanks Grunker and Sukeban Cho. I thought Shin Megami is only about Devils. Having Devil-Powerarmor is an entire different beast of course! Will check out the LP then.

It's a pretty interesting idea in that you always are inside a adaptative power armor (which is their excuse for the leveling up, the armor is learning and adapting to the strange world and creatures) and other than summoning demons you also upgrade the armor's hardware and software, add new plugins to get new skills and abilities, etc.

I love the idea.

Edit: There's even a bit of genius in that the demons don't really -exist- as physical entities. Instead the armor detects -something- out there and uses a special software you obtain at the begining to symbolically represent the demon by means of augmented reality. (though that doesn't explains why you can shoot them to little bits with magic bullets)

So the first time you meet a new type of demon you just see a -blip-, and you don't know anything about it until you scan them enough to reach the first data treshold.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Though you need that opera browser hack to see the screenshots, I believe. I think I made it before switching to dropbox.

It's called disabling the referrer headers, kuroneko-chan. Most browsers allow yout to do that nowadays. :love:

For instance, in firefox you type "about:config" in the url box to access the advanced browser settings. You can then use the search field in settings to find "network.http.sendRefererHeader" and change its "value" to 0. That'll bypass the frozen frogs, since imageshacks server will no longer be able to determine that the images are placed in a RPGCodex post.

Phelot

Arcane

:lol: Actually notice that he never claims to have had sex, only that he attracts beautiful American women. He is a proper Muslim and is saving himself for Mrs. Rightistan.

ALL HAIL THE SWORD OF ANDHAIRA

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom