Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline 2023 is shaping up to be one of the best gaming years in a long time

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I mean both 1st and 2nd half of 2023 are packed with fucking amazing games and releases.. let's take a look.

Personally I already enjoyed and am looking forward to: I underlined the most likely GOTY candicates

1st Half of 2023:

Atomic Heart

Dead Space remake

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Hogwarts Legacy

Jedi Survivor

2nd Half of 2023:

Diablo 4

Baldurs Gate 3

Starfield

Colony Ship RPG
<- GOTY 2023

Stormgate + Tempest Rising

Mortal Kombat 1 (12)

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

System Shock Remake

How has your 2023 been so far in terms of gaming, and are you excited for the 2nd half of 2023?

Last edited:
I had forgotten about Atomic Heart. Coom really drove that game and made chuds admit they like Bioshock Infinite. It was amusing to see.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I mean both 1st and 2nd half of 2023 are packed with fucking amazing games and releases.. let's take a look.

Personally I already enjoyed and am looking forward to:

1st Half of 2023:
Atomic Heart

Dead Space remake

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Hogwarts Legacy

Jedi Survivor

2nd Half of 2023:
Diablo 4

Baldurs Gate 3

Starfield

Colony Ship RPG
<- GOTY 2023

Mortal Kombat 1 (12)

How has your 2023 been so far in terms of gaming, and are you excited for the 2nd half of 2023?
blinking-eyes-man.gif

Mortmal

Arcane
You are missing the new zelda , solsasta DLC , and of course age of wonder 4. Especially AOW4 , if you come to discuss it with us be sure to call bing xi lao, for builds and strategy , he loves the game.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
here's a better list (of yet to be released games):

System Shock Remake
Final Fantasy XVI
Pikimin 4
Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
Starfield
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine II
The Lords of the Fallen
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
Lies of P
Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree

possibly Monomyth...

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
So far I've played Showgunners, which was the definition of mediocre - not great, not awful - and Resident Evil 4, which is fine. Plus Darkest Dungeon 2, which is fun. Oh and Age of Wonders 4, though I've not really gotten into it yet.

Upcoming games I'll play:
System Shock Remake
The Lamplighter's League
Warhammer 40k Boltgun
Project Haven
Trepang2
Diablo 4
Colony Ship Game
Aliens: Dark Descent
Jagged Alliance 3
Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew
Fortune's Run
Phantom Fury
Baldur's Gate 3
Shitfield
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Overall it's looking like a year of decent-but-not-great games. This is better than 2021 and 2022, which were fucking shit and completely barren.

There's a few games in the mix here that could become classics - my money's on Shadow Gambit because everything Mimimi have produced has been superb. Fortune's Run is looking very interesting, though I suspect it won't actually release this year. And I'm looking forward to Larian's Balding Gays 3, though I've barely tried the EA version and I stay out of the ever-expanding Codex thread on it. And obviously Colony Ship Game is going to be great, though again I've stayed away from the EA version simply because I'd like to play the full complete game in one go.

samoilaaa

Educated

1st Half of 2023:
Atomic Heart

Dead Space remake

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Hogwarts Legacy

Jedi Survivor

2nd Half of 2023:
Diablo 4

Baldurs Gate 3

Starfield

Colony Ship RPG
<- GOTY 2023

Mortal Kombat 1 (12)

most people hate AAA games around here so dont expect them to agree with ur list

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Looking forward to:

AC Mirage
The Crew Motorfest
Baldurs Gate 3
Colony Ship
Lamplighter's League
Stasis 2: Bone Totem

May possibly get:

Street Fighter 6
Mortal Kombat 1
Jagged Alliance 3

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

1st Half of 2023:
Atomic Heart

Dead Space remake

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Hogwarts Legacy

Jedi Survivor

2nd Half of 2023:
Diablo 4

Baldurs Gate 3

Starfield

Colony Ship RPG
<- GOTY 2023

Mortal Kombat 1 (12)

most people hate AAA games around here so dont expect them to agree with ur list
Yet every big AAA release, u got the majority of the KODEX playing AND liking it.... weird, no?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I love cp2077, unironically. Also Colostomy Ship I have already in my bag.

I don't get the optimism about Starfield or BG3 though.

DemonKing

Arcane
I've only played RE4 and Jedi Survivor so far from the OP's list which were both decent for AAA releases (and a little bit of Atomic Heart which was weird but fun). Also enjoying Company of Heroes 3 even though it's a bit rough around the edges.

Looking forward to Solasta DLC, BG3 and Shadow Gambit later this year. Otherwise most of the stuff listed falls into the "happy to be pleasantly surprised but not overly enthusiastic or optimistic" category.

Also I think Spiderman 2 is due out this year which I suspect a few people are looking forward to.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's been a decent year so far. Redfall's embarassing failure and RE4's/Zelda's magnificence have been the cherries on top. It's a strong first half.

I do plan on playing Atomic Heart at some point when it's cheap. That game looks kewl. I will probably get Diablo 4, System Shock, Amnesia 4, and Armored Core 6.

toughasnails

Between Starfield, System Shock remake and AC Mirrage, we are finally witnessing the rebirth of the immersive sim. What a time to be alive.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
0/10 troll thread. 2022 gave us Ghostrunner - Project_Hel , Neon White and the PC port of Persona 5 Royal while the only interesting thing in 2023 is the System Shock Remake.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom