Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info First gory details of Deux Ex 3

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Deus Ex: Human Revolution; Eidos Montreal

Megagames.com <a href="http://www.megagames.com/news/html/pc/firstdeusex3infoandgameplaydetails.shtml">report</a> that a year after the announcement of the game, the first details concerning it were published in the Pc Zone magazine.<blockquote>Eidos took the time to acknowledge the series' fans' dissatisfaction with Invisible War, and is assured that it is working diligently to avoid some of the same mistakes.</blockquote>Whoa, isn't that great? So, let's see what they have in mind:<blockquote>There will be at least 20 different augmentations in the game and some of them seem crazy enough to be entertaining on their own. According to your choice of augmentations, you can have [a] <b>tentacle shoot out of your back and cling to walls</b>, and/or you can bunch through walls and grab enemies behind them. Weapons and augmentations will share the same experience points, so players have the choice to invest his experience in his body or weapon.</blockquote>Uh...<blockquote>The game will also introduce a new stealth and cover system to series as well as <b>auto-heal</b> similar to the one featured in <b>Halo</b>, Call Of Duty 4 and Gears Of War.</blockquote>Someone should've told them that avoiding the mistakes of the last game was not enough; seems like the new game might include screwups which will be entirely new to the series.
<br>

<br>
Read the report <a href="http://www.megagames.com/news/html/pc/firstdeusex3infoandgameplaydetails.shtml">here</a>.
<br>

<br>
Thanks, <b>udm</b>!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why? Seriously, why does every second FPS released nowadays have that shitty game mechanic of auto-heal? It's horrible. Especially in cases where it doesn't make any fucking sense.

uhjghvt

Scholar
can I use the tentacles to rape people? this is important

Chefe

Erudite
I always thought Invisible War was not as great as the original Deus Ex because you couldn't shoot tentacles out of your back. I am glad Eidos is fixing this issue.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Eidos took the time to acknowledge the series' fans' dissatisfaction with Invisible War, and is assured that it is working diligently to avoid some of the same mistakes.
Translation: Just like Bethesda did with Fallout 3, we're learning how to fuck new things up all the time! Thumbs up fuck yeah high five!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't see auto-healing as something that bad.

Seriously, why not? If it isn't too powerful.
Then again, I'd bet any amount of money that they will make it too powerful ;)

thesheeep said:

Eh...I don't know. It worked in Halo 1 really well because you had non-healing health, and your shield almost 50-50, making it interesting mechanically and thematically. But without something like this, like in the recent Call of Duty games, it becomes dumb as all hell.

vrok

Liturgist
And it's even worse in games that feature stealthing.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
thesheeep said:

The original had regeneration as an augmentation you could use, but it required power. They better have a damn good explanation for this if they expect me to take this game seriously.

Monolith

Prophet
Elwro said:
Someone should've told them that avoiding the mistakes of the last game was not enough; seems like the new game might include screwups which will be entirely new to the series.
Don't worry, they'll fix them in Deus Ex 4 - while adding auto-aim and vita-chambers. Yay.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Not a fan of Auto-Heal. Will buy nonetheless.

Fuck I wish I could feel the kinda hate you guys feel each day, I swear to God I could prolly punch a hole in cement with the Boner of Hate that would generate.

That's be sweet.

J1M

Arcane
The article says you play Jensen and you are a security guard. It also says someone activate's Jensen's device and kills a bunch of people.

So did they fuck up or just reveal that the bad guy is your dad?

Pliskin

Arbiter
Barrow_Bug said:
Fuck I wish I could feel the kinda hate you guys feel each day, I swear to God I could prolly punch a hole in cement with the Boner of Hate that would generate.

That's be sweet.

I believe that's one of the new augmentations available in DX3.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Pliskin said:
Barrow_Bug said:

That's be sweet.

I believe that's one of the new augmentations available in DX3.

:lol:

Rei

Novice
Someone's missing the point.

And it's not Eidos.

And it's not Barrow_Bug.

And it's not Obama bin Laden.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom