Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

3 new Dragon Age Trailers from San Diego Comic Con

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I don't see what the big deal is. It looked fine to me. It is certainly better than fallout 3.

I still really have no interest in the game. *waits for bargain bin*

Lesifoere

Liturgist
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
They weren't having sex. She was still wearing her medieval underwear.

Serves me right for not actually watching that shit, I guess. Still, the couple could've been dwarves.

Suchy

Arcane
What's up with the idiotic anime sword trails? Why the hell are they in EVERY FUCKING GAME?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Suchy said:
What's up with the idiotic anime sword trails? Why the hell are they in EVERY FUCKING GAME?

It's in same league of stupid as colorful special effects for special abilities when it doesn't make any sense for sword to go purple woooooosh.

aries202

Erudite
Nobody here at the codex has found this little gem from gamespot describing what it is to be dwarf commoner (beware: spoilers ahead)

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/story/621 ... es;title;1

When I read through this, the game DA: Origins suddenly became a little more interesting to me.
To me, the dwarf commoner origin story looks like it has been inspired strongly by the mafia of Sicily, with its clans and -yes- crime families etc. - in game, of course.

Texas Red

Whiner
aries202 said:
Nobody here at the codex has found this little gem from gamespot describing what it is to be dwarf commoner (beware: spoilers ahead)

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/story/621 ... es;title;1

When I read through this, the game DA: Origins suddenly became a little more interesting to me.
To me, the dwarf commoner origin story looks like it has been inspired strongly by the mafia of Sicily, with its clans and -yes- crime families etc. - in game, of course.

That's sounds really good. After my positive experience with ME, DA is certainly my most looked to game.

Chefe

Erudite
All that gore is incredibly disgusting and really off putting (how juvenile can you get to where you make God of War look tame by comparison?). The dwarf commoner writeup sounds good, but the three videos are all exactly the same.

aries202

Erudite
The gore Bioware and EA? hoped to add to the game to make it more dark, gritty and mature just makes blood and gore more comical and cartoony than anything else. I'm not put off buy it; I'll just treat the game's blood and gore level (which you can turn OFF, according to David Gaider) as the blood and gore seen in a James Bonde movie.

Dele

Liturgist
Lots of pointless blood because by the looks of it, you cant cut limbs off enemies, all that blood just showing up from nowhere.

Now severance-like dismembering would be better with less blood

Texas Red

Whiner
Chefe said:
All that gore is incredibly disgusting and really off putting (how juvenile can you get to where you make God of War look tame by comparison?). The dwarf commoner writeup sounds good, but the three videos are all exactly the same.

Oh come on, you can probably disable the gore like in every other RPG.

Morkar Left

After seeing the combat animations and the horrible finishing move I know I´m not interested in that game. Looks like Xena movie fantasy trash...

Texas Red

Whiner
Morkar said:
After seeing the combat animations and the horrible finishing move I know I´m not interested in that game. Looks like Xena movie fantasy trash...

So based on the combat and NOT the origins that were linked here by Aries, you decide not to be interested. Let me tell you something, that combat, as bad as it may seem to you, is still better than probably of half of RPGs, not to mention such candidates like Arcanum.

The graphics and combat whoredome is reaching a critical level :decline:

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Chefe said:
All that gore is incredibly disgusting and really off putting (how juvenile can you get to where you make God of War look tame by comparison?
I didn't watch the new video. Is gore in DA really that high? That would be quite a feat to pull off when this is your competition:
5cgdbd.gif

5fn47a.gif

:cool:

Shoelip

Arbiter
Sodomy + bare handed decapitation... Wow... they really got the ancient Greece vibe down pat.

Morkar Left

Dark Individual said:
Morkar said:

So based on the combat and NOT the origins that were linked here by Aries, you decide not to be interested. Let me tell you something, that combat, as bad as it may seem to you, is still better than probably of half of RPGs, not to mention such candidates like Arcanum.

I doubt that the combat is better. And it is not the lack of tactics that makes the combat bad and annoying for me, it is the retarded finishing move and that crap which looks like an jrpg or Kung Fu movie (or Xena/Hercules movie...). Btw it is the same reason why D&D 4th Ed sucks for me. How it looks now, combat is tacticswise and from the artdirection more like a jrpg for me.
Besides the combat, this RPG will be in the same style as bioware rpgs are since KotoR. Nothing wrong about it, but definitely not the type of rpg I want. Which is sad for me because I really enjoyed the BG series (freedom of the 1rst one > than story of the 2ed).

The graphics and combat whoredome is reaching a critical level :decline:

I don´t mind about simple graphics. Helherron tile based graphics are more enjoyable for me than retarded 3D Uber-Animations with humans in Dark-Age Armor jumping around like monkeys...

Sure, I can be wrong and the game is great - I would be happy about it - but as it looks now, I´m just not interested and don´t consider to buy the game.

EDIT: The amount of bloodspilling is far beyond bearable, it just looks annoying and stupid.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
It's not gore, it's plain dumb. Every strike pumping out a litre of blood but fight still goes on.
Those GoW gifs look quite decent, at least better than usage of blood/gore in DA so far.

Talonfire

Scholar
Someone should inform BioWare (and EA) that "dark and edgy" isn't measured by the amount of gore and fornication present. This feels more like a desperate attempt at being dark and mature, and as a result it doesn't look to be either... just an immature, tasteless mess.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Hey, speaking of DA:O, has anyone seen that new video with the unboxing of the Collector's Edition? Check it, it comes with a handy dwarf cock and a soundtrack which has 2 tracks mixed and produced by Marilyn Manson! I'm getting two of these, it's so cool!

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#12714

Is it just me or there's not a single parrying/blocking animation in the combat videos? I mean, I've recently played The Last Remnant (a jrpg) and there's a parrying/blocking animation for every attack/special move/monster attack, not to mention that every monster has parrying animations as well. I've noticed they've dropped these things after NWN1. WTF? You know things are bad when the combat in your game looks less realistic than in a jrpg.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
It's the thing that irritates me the most - AAA titles with uber-graphics EXCEPT: the textures are shit, the model animation is shit, swords and guns magically stick to the character, armors and limbs clip through the model etc. WTF. DA looks like it was made with GameMaker 2003. Chainmail sleepwear FTW.

Damn, didn't know GoW is so retarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom