Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CD Project Hidden Message

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

The unthinkable happened. CD Project RED, of the Witcher RPG fame, used <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_stimuli">Subliminal stimuli</a> methods within their <a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-official-the-witcher/63500">newly released The Witcher 2 trailer</a> to get the following message across.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">This message is for our biggest fans. Analyzing our stuff pixel by pixel, bit by bit. It's good to see you again! :)
<br>
BTW: Simple minded people think that nobody is reading those days, dear reader of this, we think that we can agree that it is bullshit, huh?
<br>
Same as the fact that single player RPGs are dead, or PCs?
<br>
We sold 1.5 mln units game from dying genre on dying platform - so we somehow cannot agree;-)
<br>
<br>
Before we start talking about TW2:) please let us thank you for your great support and appreciation. It always motivate us and make us happy.
<br>
<br>
We started working on TW2 right after release of TW. Our goal was to create all the things which made TW so great in TW2 even better.
<br>
We are very proud of TW but let be honest it was our debut. We never made any game before, and we practically learnt as we worked.
<br>
So there were many things which could be done better, you know it as good as we :)
<br>
But the vision, the main concept remain the same: game with mature, captivating and unliniear story, and full of spectacular combat.
<br>
A game created by a team of independent thinkers immune to corporate priorities, who don't care what's trendy at a given moment.
<br>
<br>
The core vision of the game hasn't changed. What has changed is the quality and the maturity we can deliver.
<br>
That's largely because, we're more experienced and also due the fact that, we've created our own technology.
<br>
Do you remember how we made significant improvements with the Aurora Engine in the original game, but it still had its limitations?
<br>
Now we've created technology designed specifically to create non-linear games with extensive plotlines and a living world... well, there's no point in expanding on that too much - you have to check our tech yourselves!
<br>
Nevertheless, we have many reasons to believe that you will like The Witcher 2!
<br>
See you soon and stay tuned :)
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
That came unexpected. What does the Codex think?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97302-hidden-message-in-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-trailer.html">GB</A>

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
O RLY? A secret message to brag about how awesome theya re? How is that different than the actual piece where they bragged how awesome they are? LMFAO

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought this is gonna be interesting... but it's boring and about nothing.

Caveman

Scholar
MORE MATURE:

gaysex.jpg

naked-woman-on-the-street.jpg

Fake%20Blood%20flashing%20GIF%20logo.gif

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!! DUMB CONSOLETARDS = CODEXERS GONNA CUM!!!!!!

Silellak

Cipher
Volourn said:
O RLY? A secret message to brag about how awesome theya re? How is that different than the actual piece where they bragged how awesome they are? LMFAO
Volourn said:
crying because someone is proud of their work? Seriously, stop acting jealous. They can pimp their success any way they want. FFS

deuxhero

Arcane
So the new engine won't be shit?

If it is anywhere near as good as the first one AND has a half decent engine it will work great.

mondblut

Arcane
CDPred. CDPred never changes.

This kind of stunts eventually makes me ignore a game altogether, because trying it would make me feel a gullible fool akin to those who run to buy whatever next best thing they just saw in a tv ad.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
mondblut said:
This kind of stunts eventually makes me ignore a game altogether.

Totally. Thanking their fans. How dare they? I certainly won't be buying their "game", if we can even call it that amirite?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"RLY? A secret message to brag about how awesome theya re? How is that different than the actual piece where they bragged how awesome they are? LMFAO

crying because someone is proud of their work? Seriously, stop acting jealous. They can pimp their success any way they want. FFS "

Except I'm not crying. I'm just wodnering why they waste time with a 'sectre message' to say the same thing they were doing out in the open.

Now, if the secret message had been a hint to something concrete about the game or hell another project that be cool.

*shrug*

But, hey, maybe when BIo does their official announcemtn next week of, say DA2, they'll do a subliminal message announcement of DA2.. LMAO

TzapaSuckere

Novice
My english is shit so I will be short.
-Stop eating shit about TW you capitalist pigs. Anyone( or most ) with some russian blood and culture in his veins likes this game. Why? Because when playing TW is like going back to childhood memories ( especially for those who lived in the countryside ) except maybe the monstres.
-Even if you are a capitalist pig observe the fucking elements and apreciate them. Maybe read the novel on witch TW is based. Read something about slavonic culture. For example, do you know that my old fireplace appearence is ALMOST exactly like the fireplaces in TW? Those details matter a lot.
-If you have some slavonic blood in your veines and you dont like TW, then Mati Tvaiu Iob! :evil:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
TzapaSuckere said:
-If you have some slavonic blood in your veines and you dont like TW, then Mati Tvaiu Iob! :evil:
I hope the game's fans will be successful in their - paradigmatically exemplified here - neverending quest for winning the hearts of potential newcomers to the franchise.

dragonfk

Erudite
Elwro said:
TzapaSuckere said:
I hope the game's fans will be successful in their - paradigmatically exemplified here - neverending quest for winning the hearts of potential newcomers to the franchise.

Give him a break. It's not like he's their PR guy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom