Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Alphaturd might get patched

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Alpha Protocol; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>... <a href="http://gamebanshee.com/news/98401-gb-feature-obsidians-plans-for-alpha-protocol-patches-and-dlc.html" target="_blank">reports Gamebanshee</a>. Rechoice!</p>
<blockquote>
<p>During last week's E3, I had the opportunity to sit down for separate interviews with both Chris Avellone and Feargus Urquhart from Obsidian Entertainment. I'll be posting full transcriptions of the interviews later this week, but in the meantime I thought I'd share what they each had to say when I quizzed them about a possible patch and post-release content for Alpha Protocol. <br /><br />In regard to a patch, Chris told me, "We're working on one, but we don't have an exact release date yet." Feargus was more specific, telling me: "We wanted to release something fairly quickly based upon some feedback we were getting. I think [SEGA] wanted to take a different approach by gathering more information over a longer period of time and provide a patch then. That's what we're figuring out right now." <br /><br />Unfortunately, the possibility of DLC doesn't seem as good. Feargus tells me, "I don't know if [SEGA is] talking about that at all yet. I can say that we're not working on any DLC right now. We'd love to, but we're not."</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://gamebanshee.com/news/98401-gb-feature-obsidians-plans-for-alpha-protocol-patches-and-dlc.html">GB</a></p>

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I really enjoy reading the snarky potshots at games and developers in the newsposts, but calling it Alphaturd isn't funny or clever, it's asinine and juvenile. I know it's extra work, but I'd appreciate it very much if you kept the barbs sharper, wittier, and more prestigious, thank you.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I think that VoD has, as a news poster, prerogative to write the news in whatever way he wants. Maybe this time the joke was lame. But that's part of his charm.

Blind Eye

Scholar
Get real

Don't waist your breath boys. This place is pathetic.

Proof:

After seeing the pie charts for the traffic and bandwidth this place generates, it's the dumbed down, console tard, lowest common denominator mecca they want it to be.

DU isn't going to change a thing.

The irony is immense.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i, too, would expect a more mature and thoughtful approach from people posting on the codex, especially those named after doom-bringing household appliances.

Cassidy

Arcane
back to sportforredneck said:
Vault Dweller said:
Jaesun said:
Silellak said:
Dicksmoker said:
I concur.

Only because it came from someone who made so many positive news and seemed so enthusiastic about Mass Effect 2, which I presume to be a far worse game.

Also, it should be Brotocol because it is far closer to the actual title, a bit more discrete and far more meaningful in a less obvious way as well.

Or they could just call it by the title once in awhile. I mean shit, I understand this place is a parody of actual game websites, but come on.

This isn't even about liking games, it's about being subtle or actually being funny.

back to sportforredneck said:
Or they could just call it by the title once in awhile. I mean shit, I understand this place is a parody of actual game websites, but come on.

This isn't even about liking games, it's about being subtle or actually being funny.

How about you throw out some news posts then? Some witty, amusing news posts. Will you do that? Think of it as 'cleaning up the town', while showing your ability to do so in gentle parody.

Eagerly looking forward to the first content.

Cassidy

Arcane
Fat Dragon said:
Never thought something so trivial would cause so much butthurt.

For Obsidian fanboys and worshippers of the Elder God Avellone, it is FUCKING SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Also because it was supposed to exist a prestigious magazine right here, right?

Terror Teats

Educated
Cassidy said:
Elder God Avellone
so even you are spelling it with a v
i've never seen so much decline in my whore life....anyways is not 'brotocol is BrotoLOL---unless you are butthurt?????

anyways 'turd' is funny already haha see i am laugihing but serious now is clever because where do turds come from? asselones thats weir

Terror Teats said:
Cassidy said:
Elder God Avellone
so even you are spelling it with a v
i've never seen so much decline in my whore life....anyways is not 'brotocol is BrotoLOL---unless you are butthurt?????

anyways 'turd' is funny already haha see i am laugihing but serious now is clever because where do turds come from? asselones thats weir

Engerish? If not, babelfish refuses to make any more sense to me. I can only express sympathy for your whore life.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Hahahahahaha. When I saw the thread title, I thought about making a comment on it, but then I saw exactly what kind of discussion it would generate, so I decided not to bother. Come on don't tell me you didn't see this crap coming, I'm pretty dumb but I still saw through it -

First guy says title is shit, but to hide the fact that he likes the game and doesn't like an "official" newspot making such a thoughtless comment, he argues that it is indeed thoughtless and so should be more thoughtful. After all it is like the opinion of one poster is resuming the entire site. Plus, it is denying the good parts of this game, and you think there are some.

Someone says 'butthurt detected', etc

Arguing

Some stupid troll coming in with the latest hit-and-run fad, I think it's bashing Avellone now

And so on.

Bullshit. Codex, you are predictable

Serious_Business said:
Hahahahahaha. When I saw the thread title, I thought about making a comment on it, but then I saw exactly what kind of discussion it would generate, so I decided not to bother. Come on don't tell me you didn't see this crap coming, I'm pretty dumb but I still saw through it -

First guy says title is shit, but to hide the fact that he likes the game and doesn't like an "official" newspot making such a thoughtless comment, he argues that it is indeed thoughtless and so should be more thoughtful. After all it is like the opinion of one poster is resuming the entire site. Plus, it is denying the good parts of this game, and you think there are some.

Someone says 'butthurt detected', etc

Arguing

Some stupid troll coming in with the latest hit-and-run fad, I think it's bashing Avellone now

And so on.

Bullshit. Codex, you are predictable

Are you really Bryce?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom