Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2 Release Date Announced

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p><a href="http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/16/witcher-ii-confirmed-for-may-17-2011-release/">VG247 reports</a> that a release date for <strong>The Witcher 2</strong> has been set, May 17th 2011.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Along with a release date, the firm has promised more &ldquo;hot news&rdquo; coming on November 18 during the CD Projekt Conference.</p>
<p>&ldquo;We&rsquo;ve decided to move the launch date back a few weeks to afford us more time to polish the game,&rdquo; aid Adam Badowski, project lead at CD Projekt RED. &ldquo;Of course, we know that players would like to get the game as soon as possible, so we hope that they will forgive us! We strongly believe that the extra time spent polishing the title will be well worth the wait&rdquo;.</p>
<p>Apparently, at the conference later on this week, there will be more detailed information about the approaching worldwide launch of the title, as well as the Collector&rsquo;s Edition of The Witcher 2. Moreover, CD Projekt RED will present pre-order information from all around the world.</p>
<p>During the conference, the the developers will explain their philosophy with regards to DRM implementation in their titles and they will let us know how it influenced the edition of the game.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100431-the-witcher-2-delayed-ce-and-pre-order-details-on-thursday.html">GB</a></p>

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I would assume it will be DRM free for the core game but registration on their site means getting patches and some bonus content. They could do an activation DRM scheme that is disabled in a year though, that wouldn't be too out there from their anti-DRM statements.

In any case looking forward to this. I hope the US release is at the same time as elsewhere and that we get a nice boxed collector's edition.

Ancient

Erudite
AAAAAAAAaaaaa , oh shit , oh shit . IM SO PUMPED !!!

Looking forward to collectors edition

anus_pounder

Arcane
TN-506937_PotatoHeart.jpg

Gwendo

Augur
The collector's edition will be 130$. That's too much! I don't need that head statue and those coins.

Gimme a special edition with the map, soundtrack, artbook and printed manual.

Silellak

Cipher
And the Collector's Edition is "only" $130!
The usual suspects are all here. You've got your game DVD, making of video, manual, and official soundtrack. There's the requisite world map and what seems to be a rather large hardbound art book.

Then it starts getting extravagant.

There's a replica of a Temerian coin, a set of dice, playing cards with a rulebook to help you play Witcher-themed card games, a pamphlet that comes with a cursed coin - that's two coins now. They've packed in papercraft figures, a big bad papercraft monster doll, and three stickers. There's even a voucher to download the Vernon Roche Commando Jacket, a collector's edition exclusive piece of clothing that majorly boosts the player's sword fighting skills.

And then things come to a head. Geralt of Rivia's head, to be exact. Put it on your mantle as a fine work of art, or grab some paint and doll the Witcher up to your liking. It's all possible with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Collector's Edition.

From: http://kotaku.com/5691260/the-witcher-2-collectors-edition-comes-to-a-head

Does the Collector's Edition come with a voucher for the inevitable The Director's Perfected Cut of The Witcher 2: Limited Collector's Ultimate Edition?

The poles know their place.
CD Projekt CE - 130$
Activision CE - 150$
Can't compete with blockbusters such as Call of Duty baby.

Pegultagol

Erudite
$130? What in the world? Even the game of the year Fallout: New Vegas demanded the paltry sum of console game price for its own collector's edition!

Well, who else in the world but Poles to know anything about polish, right guys? :M

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Fuck yes! Shit just got real. Can it be March already?

Not buying the CE obviously, because hahahaha what Geralt's head.

hoochimama

Liturgist
I see the witcher 2 getting a few more weeks of polish if dragon age 2 gets delayed. Have to maintain that healthy buffer.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
That CE looks pretty fucking fat, though, I'd especially like to get my hands on that dice set.

But there's no fucking way in hell I'm paying 130 bucks for that. Even my All Time HoMM Collection was half as much and it had more stuff.

Gerrard

Arcane
Seriously? I was hoping for that silver-sword-letter-opener, not this abomination.

And the price is just
morte2.png

Zyrxil

Scholar
Wtf. The subtitle is "Assassin of Kings" and they release it 2 days after the Ides of March?

themadhatter

Novice
I refuse to purchase this CE on the grounds that they failed to include the following:

* Legitimate coins, none of these nickel-plated gift shop knockoffs. I also want the complete set of in-game currency in a nice leather pouch, not a paltry coin or two.

* Dice that are made from bone, mates, real bone, preferably taken from a wolf ...you know, in keeping with the whole Witcher motif.

* A developer's swimsuit edition calendar.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
What the fuck? $130 collector's edition? A bust of Geralt's head?

What total fucking dweeb in their right mind would want a bust of Geralt's head?

How about we keep the drooling fanboy bullshit to a minimum. This is the Codex not the fucking Elder Scrolls forums.

Buy the game two weeks after release, play it like nothing will ever surprise you or give you enjoyment, then come here and post about how it is an affront to the name of RPGs like Arcanum and Fallout. All while perhaps secretly liking it.

Saint_Proverbius is rolling over in his grave right about now. Well, by grave I mean the back of his Krispy Kreme donut truck. He was probably sleeping on one of the empty boxes.

:rpgcodex:

Phelot

Arcane
I don't get the appeal of collector's editions. A simple complimentary map is always nice, but I ain't paying extra money for stupid shit like statues and fake money. Get out of here with that.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Oh God that collector's edition better come to America. I'll import it if it doesn't, but then I would have to wait a week or more to play the game! Arg!

Well, I could "pirate" the damn thing while it's shipping I guess.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Why would I want to have a bust of Geralt which I would have to keep in a box where no one would see it, to avoid embarrassment?

So I would only take it out at night and gently caress it?

Hm, OK, still not worth $130.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom