Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Witcher 2 - I Want to Quicktime a Dragon

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>Gamespot has a <a href="http://beta.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher2/news.html?sid=6307659&amp;mode=previews" target="_blank">preview</a> up for <strong>The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>Further into the battle, it looked as if victory was just within our grasp. That is, until the dragon showed up. Obviously, it was going to take more than a few fireballs and a steel sword to topple this beast so we decided to flee. After dodging and weaving around a few deadly cones of fire, we found ourselves in an all-out mad dash back across the castle walls with the fire-breathing beast hot on our heels. This cinematic sequence was accented with a few quick time events as we ducked and dodged out of the way of its attacks. Finally, we managed to lodge our rusty sword in the creature's mouth and sent it packing, hopefully with a bad case of tetanus as well.</blockquote>
<p>There's <a href="http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,107163,9392428,Wiedzmin_2___relacja_na_zywo_.html" target="_blank">more previewing</a> to be done over at Polygamia for those that speak potato.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

MetalCraze

Arcane
I guess our naive members were expecting that they will at least play this game.

Not twitching (A)wsum button while Geralt dodges dragon's attacks all on his own. Because otherwise poor CDP would've had to actually balance the bossfight and there is not enough potato in game's budget for that.

Console shit gonna console

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Theya re optional - if you don't want them you have the option not to play game.

R00fles!

a budda

Arbiter
qte as in "BOSS" fights, same as in w1
noaw which of you fags were expecting an :incline:?
hands up please, naivety is just a state of mind

ESPECIALLY as they already showed as a million times the fights will be even worse than in w1

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah but, dragons? Seriously? Dragon Age 1 & 2, then Skyrim, then Witcher 2. This is getting ridiculous.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not surprising. Although there is a whole cult following of Witcher here. What boggled my mind was when someone denounced another poster as a 'newfag' while he was defending Witcher. That's irony for you.

a budda

Arbiter
agreed, if a dragon can be slayed in a witcher it's far too far and that means NO FUCKING WAY, if it's clear enough

well, having read the books, there's NO FUCKNG CHANCE Geralt will have anything to do with slaying dragons... see?

he'll probably slay the guys that mentioned the idea the night before... see?

thank you

now read the books and make the guy who invented the whole shit we're talking about a bit more happy :)

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finally, we managed to lodge our rusty sword in the creature's mouth and sent it packing, hopefully with a bad case of tetanus as well.
butthurt detected

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I had faith in the Easter Europeans(well The Witcher wasnt anything really phenomenal but it was decent even for an rpg in their own way).

Now...I fear for STALKER2.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Jaesun said:
What were people expecting? ToEE like combat in it?
I was hoping for good action game combat. Weren't they talking about DMC being an influence? Anyway, developers who include QTEs obviously don't know what makes action games tick. Pretty cutscenes come after a fight, not during it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
KalosKagathos said:
Jaesun said:
What were people expecting? ToEE like combat in it?
I was hoping for good action game combat. Weren't they talking about DMC being an influence? Anyway, developers who include QTEs obviously don't know what makes action games tick. Pretty cutscenes come after a fight, not during it.

Aren't there already a bunch of good action games with great combat already on the consoles?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Action rpg has action in it. More news at 11.

QTE's are lame mostly but meh. Am interested more in what stats there are and how they work. Especially as there now seem to be stats directed to npc interaction.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What a bunch of retarded fucks you all are becoming! You have no problems with cutscenes showing actiun BUT when (The HORROR), someone makes the cutscenes interactive slightly with a QTE then all of a sudden you all turn into such fucking elitist wannabe fucktards that it's fucking risible!

Read the fucking preview again dickheads: "This cinematic sequence was accented with a few quick time events", suggesting that you run away properly using your own initiative and the QTE's are just the usual 'click on the object and get a cinematic of character doing something cool', just as in ME that so many 'elitists' here seem to love and that game also had QTE's up the ass.

No one gives a good fuck if you hate the Twitcher or not. It's not like the majority of your tastes are all that elite anyway considering all the 7 times KOTOR players and console tards that suddenly raise their voices in anger at this.

made

Arcane
I didn't click the link to the actual article because reading is for fags, but I am now convinced that TW2 consists entirely of slaying dragons in QTE sequences. Fucking decline!

relootz

Scholar
a budda said:
qte as in "BOSS" fights, same as in w1
noaw which of you fags were expecting an :incline:?
hands up please, naivety is just a state of mind

:(

every element that stinks of console makes me very weary, i am still keeping my hope up and won't cancel my CE pre-order.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Jaesun said:
Aren't there already a bunch of good action games with great combat already on the consoles?
Sure. Which only serves to make CDPR's fail even more epic: they don't have to think, only copy-paste what works. Instead, they chose to copy-paste what doesn't.

Bigot_

Novice
made said:
I didn't click the link to the actual article because reading is for fags, but I am now convinced that TW2 consists entirely of slaying dragons in QTE sequences. Fucking decline!
:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom