Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2 Patch 1.2 Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>Patch v1.2 for The Witcher 2 has been released. It resolves a whole host of issues and includes lots of free DLC. <a href="http://www.en.thewitcher.com/patch1-2/" target="_blank">Download the patch and read the patch notes here.</a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Deleted member 7219

The Good:

Imports are now fixed. My Mahakamn rune sihil now properly shows up at the start of the game. I also got a lot more oils, I don't know if that is related.

Menu is a lot smoother and faster. No more mouse lag. Also, game launcher starts quickly.

Delete save feature is very welcome.

The Bad:

Prologue nerfing. I haven't played it through under 1.2, but I thought under vanilla it was just the right difficulty. You actually had to dodge, block, use potions and signs in fights instead of button mashing.

The Ugly:

Balancing issues from the DLC. Importing swords and armour is fine because you actually went to some effort to get them in the first game. But do we really need Roche's jacket and suits? Not to mention a 'mysterious merchant' who keeps showing up to sell you stuff that is meant to be rare. Fortunately, you can delete these in the CookedPC folder. Just make sure you delete just the suits and the merchant, because the other .dzip files are important.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In

Deleted member 7219

Just played through the prologue under 1.2.

It has been thoroughly nerfed. Remember how challenging that fight was by the ballista in the castle courtyard? Well, now it is fucking easy. Two strong slashes from a sword kills all the soldiers. It is ridiculous.

I can't believe CDProjekt gave in to the whiners. They should have just told people who found it hard to play the game on easy mode.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Matt7895 said:
Just played through the prologue under 1.2.

It has been thoroughly nerfed. Remember how challenging that fight was by the ballista in the castle courtyard? Well, now it is fucking easy. Two strong slashes from a sword kills all the soldiers. It is ridiculous.

I can't believe CDProjekt gave in to the whiners. They should have just told people who found it hard to play the game on easy mode.
Actually the fight at the ballista was easy. Now the fight at the courtyard in the monastary, that was difficult.

And FFS, CD Projekt declining because they made the prologue easier? What the hell, it's like the prologue difficulty is the only thing that made TW2 great.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Ingredients required to complete the “Melitele's Heart” quest have been added to the game" All of the mwere avaible you just need to do one fucking Choice: to kill the troll or not to kill... and suffer the (minor) consequences. Fuck you whiny kwans you bring :decline: to the world. :x
besides the patch is not working for me, it displays wrong or incomplete vesion error. :rage:
P.S. it's not patch for potato version and fixes looks more like derping and bowing to ragheads but still gonna :rage:
P.S. deleted all dlcs except troll one and patch works, game is now indeed easy on normal. :decline:

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
J_C said:
Actually the fight at the ballista was easy. Now the fight at the courtyard in the monastary, that was difficult.

And FFS, CD Projekt declining because they made the prologue easier? What the hell, it's like the prologue difficulty is the only thing that made TW2 great.

Well, CDProjekt's initial response to criticism of the early game difficulty was "Tough luck, we like challenging games and have a more hardcore sensibility than other modern day rpg devs (Bioware)."

So yes, by their own supposed standards they have declined. You may scoff at the fact that it's only the prologue, but it's a slippery slope isn't it?

a budda

Arbiter
so...
islamic textures are more important than performance in buildings in 3Dvision? (5fps no matter the gfx)

well, fuck you cdpr, i so wish i hadn't bought this game... will never do it again, fuck you again

At the worst, what they should have done was use the ARPG standard where if the player dies more than 3-5 times at a fight the difficulty in the background silently decreases a notch for a while. I reckon the majority of complaints about difficulty come from consoletards who think they are "hardcore" and can't swallow the pride to play on easy if they are shit at a game.

How bugged is the vanilla game? Can I play it without going FUUUUUUUUU? What was the original issue with imports?

Very few bugs for me, some other people say its bugged to hell. I.E., the same as 95% of the games every released.

I had no issue with imports myself. Its possible that if some decisions weren't imported correctly from TW1 then I would never notice the lack of them though.

Deleted member 7219

villain of the story said:
How bugged is the vanilla game? Can I play it without going FUUUUUUUUU? What was the original issue with imports?

In my experience there weren't as many bugs as there was with Dragon Age 2. It does feel like they've polished it quite a bit. That said, in the 1.0 version the menus are a bit laggy. 1.2 sorts that out quite nicely.

Make sure you get the latest drivers for your card, too. There's a lot of performance issues on older ones.

As for importing, my steel sword wasn't importing properly. I did get the Raven's Armor and Aerondight ok but no Mahakaman rune sihil. I've heard other people had problems getting the game to recognise Witcher 1 saves at all. Decisions seemed to go through ok, I saved Adda and her entry in the journal and in conversations with Foltest and Radovid confirmed it. I also got some goodies from Thaler. Other characters said stuff like, "You're always neutral", which I took to be a reference to my path in the first game. Also, my Geralt told a few characters that he killed the King of the Wild Hunt.

Other decisions, like Leo, Berengar, Abigail etc didn't show up. I can't remember what else there was from Witcher 1. The romance thing seems to not matter since you start the game with Triss at your side anyway. I chose her in Witcher 1 so that didn't matter to me.

No mention of Alvin....

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Just in time, this patch. I just finished the game, and it is the third time in my life, that I want to re-play a game right away, without waiting at least for half a year. Before, it have been the case with first Riddick, and Gothic 2.
I hoped for 4:3 resolution, though...

MCA
a budda said:
so...
islamic textures are more important than performance in buildings in 3Dvision? (5fps no matter the gfx)

well, fuck you cdpr, i so wish i hadn't bought this game... will never do it again, fuck you again

BWAAAA THEY DONT SUPPORT MY HIGHTECH HARDWARE TOY THEY SUCK!!!

Darkforge

Augur
The difficulty nerf is fucking pathetic, but at least they fixed blocking on the move somewhat, and now you can trick your geralt out with 6 styles of pony tail. :roll:

Black

Arcane
villain of the story said:
Not really buggy. As you can see in the patch notes, most of the stuff is improving/changing something, not necessarily meaning bugs.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Biggest improvements for me are the instantaneous display of the menu (playing with 360 controller, so this is the only way to get to panels, without reaching for the keyboard) and improved control responsiveness (makes controller play even more fluid).

I recommend also, the combat tweaks mod that places a greater emphasis on blocking/countering/offensive magic than dodging and rolling and spamming quen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom