Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview RPG Italia meets Vince D. Weller

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower; Vault Dweller

<p>RPG Italia <a href="http://www.rpgitalia.net/news/rpg-world/the-age-of-decadence-exclusive-interview-vince-d-weller/" target="_blank">had the opportunity to question</a> Vince D. Weller on the subject of <strong>Age of Decadence</strong>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>Will it be possible to utilize magic? If yes there will there be even not-combat spells (for exemple to utilize in &ldquo;social&rdquo; context or to resolve determinate quest)?</strong><strong><br /> </strong>No spells.<br /> The magic in the game is a form of energy. You can&rsquo;t cast fireballs or summon monsters, but you can use it to power up some relics of the past, ranging from &ldquo;power&rdquo; armor to entire locations. Something like:<br /> You carefully insert the power tube into the opening. For a long time nothing happens, but then the console lights up and a low humming sound spreads through the cave.<br /> [lore] Recite an appropriate mantra.<br /> Leave.<br /> You put your hands on the controls and recite &ldquo;commanding fire elementals to bless ore&rdquo; mantra, performing the rite as you speak the ancient words.<br /> The mantra doesn&rsquo;t require you to understand what you are doing, but it does a good job leading you through a series of steps grouped into chapters. Some chapters require you watching the dials and adjusting the valves to achieve divine harmony; other chapters warn about dangers of overheating and tell you how to keep the fire elementals under control.<br /> 1. Complete the ritual.<br /> 2. Overheat the machine<br /> - will there be complete freedom on where to go in the world map? how will the travels and the world map work?<br /> Yes, the game is non-linear, so you&rsquo;ll be free to go anywhere you please. You do need to know where you&rsquo;re going though (the destination location should be added to your map), but it&rsquo;s not a huge issue. You&rsquo;ll start the game with the knowledge of where the three main towns are and will be able to depart the starting town immediately, if you choose to do so. There are no artificial ways to keep you in a location and force you to do certain quests.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Wait what? No spellcasting in AoD? LAME. Even Oblivion had spellcasting. At the very least they should include biotic abilities.</p>

Esquilax

Arcane
Fuck yes, looks like we're seeing the early stages of the hype machine gearing up. Can't wait till Vince talks about the new Super-Duper-Double-Radiant AI system for Age of Decadence. Skyrim doesn't have a chance.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Esquilax said:
Fuck yes, looks like we're seeing the early stages of the hype machine gearing up. Can't wait till Vince talks about the new Super-Duper-Double-Radiant AI system for Age of Decadence. Skyrim doesn't have a chance.

Civil AI mate, it's the real deal picking up boxes and jars THEN putting them back down IN A DIFFERENT SPOT. Bethesda cant compete.

Seriously though I want this game yesterday. Getting a boxed copy from the site for sure.

Krash

Arcane
Rivmusique said:
Civil AI mate, it's the real deal picking up boxes and jars THEN putting them back down IN A DIFFERENT SPOT. Bethesda cant compete.

It's funny cause it's true, and also a little tragic.

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
They will have to put the actual release date on a Thursday at this point. :)

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Sometimes I think you guys are retarded. You act like you dont know the game will be good. More than a year ago Tower released a demo that had better combat than Fallout 2. Ok I know you guys know that, I'm just baked and wanted to call someone retarded to rebel against the sensitivity training.

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
Kaanyrvhok said:
Sometimes I think you guys are retarded. You act like you dont know the game will be good. More than a year ago Tower released a demo that had better combat than Fallout 2. Ok I know you guys know that, I'm just baked and wanted to call someone retarded to rebel against the sensitivity training.

I don't know. I tried the combat demo, pressed a button, and crazy shit didn't happen. It seems a bit last gen.

Deleted member 7219

I expect full DirectX 11 support with an .exe for 64-bit CPUs. :smug:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
please reveal the preorder bonuses

and will there be a collector's edition with a making of AoD video and an intimate glimpse behind the scenes at how the ITS team works their magic

Tormented Seph

Scholar
I want a Collector's Edition (with a bust of VD in "Caesar Version"!) + DD Edition, so I'll be able to use the DD version for playing it whenever I want.............
...........and in the same time I can resell the boxed version in mint condition on Ebay (at a price of 300%! :lol:)........Bwhuahahahahahaahahhaah!!!! :troll:

Approved by Vince D. Weller himself! :salute:

BumChums

Barely Literate
nihil said:
Kaanyrvhok said:

I don't know. I tried the combat demo, pressed a button, and crazy shit didn't happen. It seems a bit last gen.
I'm sure the game has been finished for the past year or so, it's just getting the Dragon Effect treatment and its xbawks port done to be released simultaneously with the PC version. :M

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Tormented Seph said:
I want a Collector's Edition (with a bust of VD in "Caesar Version"!) + DD Edition, so I'll be able to use the DD version for playing it whenever I want.............
...........and in the same time I can resell the boxed version in mint condition on Ebay (at a price of 300%! :lol:)........Bwhuahahahahahaahahhaah!!!! :troll:

Approved by Vince D. Weller himself! :salute:

I'm impressed that you waited for more than three years before posting. That's fuckan willpower mang. :salute:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I remember reading the same thing years ago. :?

But yeah, it's a great implementation of magic and fits the setting very well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom