Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Looking for my father, a middle-aged guy

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>You'll be glad to hear that BioWare will soon release <strong>Legacy</strong>, the best <a href="http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/addon/legacy/" target="_blank">DA2 DLC ever</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Targeted by a vicious criminal cartel that are hunting "the blood of the Hawke," you must put an end to their relentless attacks. Leave Kirkwall, and journey to an ancient Grey Warden prison in order to find the source of the aggression and uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage. Playable from any point in the DAII campaign, face all new darkspawn, forge a powerful new weapon and come face to face with an ancient horror.</p>
</blockquote>
<p><em>Newsitem brought to you by Angthoron.</em></p>

Angthoron

Arcane
The DLC will also feature the LotR trolls, err, genlocks:

Genlock:
screenshot-69-legacy_genlock-p.jpg

Troll:
9346_press01-001.jpg

Which is more hawksome and gritty and why?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Why don't they create more than 3 types of enemies?
Darkspawn, spiders... uh... dragons.

Luzur

Good Sir
Angthoron said:

Genlock:

Troll:
9346_press01-001.jpg

looks like ordinary copying to me.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Luzur said:
Angthoron said:

Genlock:

Troll:
9346_press01-001.jpg

looks like ordinary copying to me.
Bioware should totally sue Peter Jackson for copyright infringement and intellectual property theft.

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh, that's not Sephiroth/Hawke team-up? Bah.

Or is it cloud or smth.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
anus_pounder said:
Good lord. That elf GAY next to Hawke. :retarded:

fixed.

Also the trolls are practically identical apart from the feet, even the head armor is the same. I hope people are telling the LOTR guys about this, or better yet telling them to wait for the DLC to be released before launching a claim. Unless Bio has already done a deal which would be a pity.

Ysjz783JOdERE7427Ry.jpg

"I actually made that design myself way back in high school. Now, two years later, I feel I have really matured as a designer and you can see this by the way I have made the troll...er...darkspawn smaller and left off the body armour."

ortucis

Prophet

Is that shield made of cardboard? What about that sword? Why is Hawke sweeping the floor in the middle of the battle?

Hopefully the next DLC will answer these questions. I can't wait to not buy this one while I don't wait for the next DLC. :o

i will torrent this on day 1 :smug:

fenris might look like fucking sephirot but has much better vo. gideon emery :thumbsup:

Coboney

Scholar
Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Zed said:
Why don't they create more than 3 types of enemies?
Darkspawn, spiders... uh... dragons.

What? Not recycle ? Come on - don 't you know Bioware's new tagline? Recycle, Reuse, Reduce!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Blackadder said:
http://dkpfiles.com/iws/pics/Ysjz783JOdERE7427Ry.jpg

"I actually made that design myself way back in high school. Now, two years later, I feel I have really matured as a designer and you can see this by the way I have made the troll...er...darkspawn smaller and left off the body armour."

FYI that's the BioWare game designer for BioWare Austin (The MMOG), not BioWare Edmonton (Mass Effect and Dragon Age).

On topic, Is the AWESOME buttan MOAR awesome?

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
ortucis said:
Is that shield made of cardboard? What about that sword? Why is Hawke sweeping the floor in the middle of the battle?

Hopefully the next DLC will answer these questions. I can't wait to not buy this one while I don't wait for the next DLC. :o

I *think* the troll is holding the shield, but I could be wrong, that elf seems to have a sword bigger than his body, so who the hell knows. Of course, why would the troll run into battle with a giant shield and no weapon: that shield would prevent him from attacking anything. That troll has little arms and a shield bigger than himself.

torpid

Liturgist
ortucis said:

Yeah, what the hell is that shield? Is it an improvised defense or is that really the character's standard shield?

edit: oh man I'm dumb it's actually the creature's shield :lol: I saw the character's outstretched arm and the hand positioned as if it were holding the thing. I'll just blame it on the shield looking ridiculous.

Daemongar said:
Of course, why would the troll run into battle with a giant shield and no weapon: that shield would prevent him from attacking anything.

The troll's weapon is the huge spiked knuckle on his right hand. I'm not sure who's holding the shield. If it's the elf (Fenris), maybe he's really like Cloud and can hold giant weapons because of magical strength, I dunno

his holding this giant shield. its gelock alpha they tend to be bigger than normal genlocks.

cant wait to rip another hole in his ass with my sarcastic awesome rogue bowman female hawke :thumbsup:

you cant hit him standng in front of him because of the shield. you need to move your characters behind his back to deal damage.

tactical gameplay 2.0 by bioware :smug: :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom