Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Next Dragon Age will have stuffies

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 3

Mike Laidlaw gave a presentation at PAX where he spoke a bit about their plans for the next Dragon Age title, Gametrailers report.

Laidlaw couched his statements about the future of Dragon Age by saying that the topics under discussion were not official announcements.

"We're not making promises here, we're talking about ideas," he warned.

On the subject of equipment for followers in future Dragon Age games, Laidlaw illustrated how armor sets might look different on different classes of followers.

"Suppose, in your party, you have a Gray Warden. And suppose you had a Seeker," he said, showing a male Gray Warden and female Seeker. "And you had this thing: a suit of armor, a chest piece, and it had stats and stuff."

Laidlaw showed that armor set applied to the Warden, then to the Seeker, in concept art form. The armor looked slightly different on each, with "thematic" aesthetic differences applied so "they don't lose their identity in the process." Laidlaw then showed a slew of concept art, with various armor pieces from helmets to shoulder guards to bracers, then full sets, each applied to the two different classes.

He also teased the possibility that players might be able to fully customize armor pieces, applying color and types of material (cloth, leather, mail) to armor sets.
Customizing armor pieces just like in Mass Effect? Glad to see Laidlaw finally focusing on the things that really matter.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Glad to see they're catering to their core audience.

Just fucking die already Bioware.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
c617858_image_0.png

curry

Arcane
On the topic of "decisions that matter," Laidlaw said BioWare is looking to add more character agency ("My character has an active effect on his or her world, determined by my choices") and player agency ("I have control over my gameplay experience") to future Dragon Age games.
And player decisions that carry over from game to game could be given more attention, he said.
As for the oft-heard critique of Dragon Age II, that BioWare recycled dungeons and environments to an annoying degree, Laidlaw said it will stop reusing levels again and again and again.

To be honest, I don't think it's even possible to get any worse than DA2

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Fucking shit, I hoped DA2 had killed this series. But it seems it can't even do that right.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No, it's just you being dead to MASTERPIECES. You wouldn't see the diamond if it was right before your eyes and you'd choose a turd instead anyway.

DA2 was MAJESTIC and DA3 is going to be MAJESTIC MAJESTY.

Micmu

Magister
Sounds like an awesome game, can't wait for my preorder. Bioware are getting better!!
You guys are just butthurt because you cunt afford it and hate all games.

Micmu

Magister
Konjad will you be my multiplayer mate in DA3? We gonna pwn that darkspawn real good.
Let the haters gonna hate.

Konjad

Patron
Konjad will you be my multiplayer mate in DA3? We gonna pwn that darkspawn real good.
Let the haters gonna hate.
Of course I will. Hopefully it won't be just killing darkspawn, though, but some other action as well *wink* *wink*

MCA
Will you be able to sex other players in multiplayer coop? I want to be able to play this with my non-gamer girlfriend and if our characters can't have sex in game, it won't be a true RPG experience. And don't tell us to do the real thing because she wants to play the guy so I don't want a strapped-on dick in my anus.

hiver

Cool! I always wnated to replace my amror material to cloth or leather!

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Why haven't EA shelved this franchise yet?
Did you not read the newspost? A major complaint in DA2 was that you couldn't customize the armors of your companions. In DA3 you can customize armors and stuffies to your hearts content. Seems like BioWare takes the fan feedback seriously this time. I'm hyped.

Bulba

Learned
Why haven't EA shelved this franchise yet?
Did you not read the newspost? A major complaint in DA2 was that you couldn't customize the armors of your companions. In DA3 you can customize armors and stuffies to your hearts content. Seems like BioWare takes the fan feedback seriously this time. I'm hyped.

If only armore customisation was it's only problem... DA2 would have been a masterpiece, but than what was the point of this customization if all of the equipment you find was levelscaled anyway? I personaly think it has removed a lot of hustle of a constant +0.00001 upgrades.

Are they complete idiots? But than it's their own money they are throwing down the drain... let them do what they want.

No food for you starving africa no one gives a shit You see, we need to spend gazilion amount of money on customizable armore...

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh boy, a dress up game! In seriousness, I fail to see why a single word that escapes their mouths should be believed at this point. Just more marketing BS.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
WARNING! SARCASM MELTDOWN! DESTRUCTION IMMINENT!
"Oh, Shit, shit, shit!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom