Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News First work in progress screenshot of Wasteland 2 revealed

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Koy Vanoteghem; Wasteland; Wasteland 2

An early screenshot from Wasteland 2 has been posted on the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter page. According to Brian Fargo, this is far from the final product.

You can view the full-sized screenshot here. [updated, thanks mapman]

So what do we think, hivemind of the Codex? How many Photoshop filters does it need?

The screenshot also comes with some commentary from InXile's Environmental Artist Koy Vanoteghem.

In our effort to establish the appropriate look and feel for the re-launch of the Wasteland franchise, we sifted through a variety of media types available on the market for inspiration. Among all of the similarly natured games, CG film shorts, and various documentaries, it became increasingly clear that the modern day conception of a post-apocalyptic world has diversified.

Of course, the desert-oriented wasteland devoid of life was still there. But a newer and more compelling version which highlighted nature's reclamation of vacated places took hold of our attention. This new conception gives us the opportunity to generate a variety of environment types while staying true to the narrative. It also allows the location and geology to dictate the flora and fauna, as well as the manner and state of decay. From the dry deserts and icy mountaintops of Arizona to the coastal conditions of LA and larger southern California region, each region generates its own flavor. You saw a bit of this in our early concept pieces we had commissioned. Because the early part of the game, where our development is currently focused, takes place in Arizona, this first screen shot depicts (surprise) a desert scene.​

Read the rest from Vanoteghem, and a few lines from Fargo as well, on the Kickstarter page.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
i-came-pope.jpg

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I think it looks sweet. Bit of a bland spot to choose for first screenshot but that's understandable. Scorpitron looks sweet.

Also 960x600 isn't full-sized, 1680x1050 is. They'll put more on their site soon, I think.

EDIT: MapMan beat me to it.

Peter

Arcane
Looks great. Better than I expected, in fact. Nice and colourful, with a lot of character. :thumbsup:

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Looks good, I have to admit.

But the scorpion looks like a robot, which someone lovingly photoshopped using 3d models.

This game better have katanas...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
But the scorpion looks like a robot, which someone lovingly photoshopped using 3d models.

What? I like you Andhaira, really, but when you get technical about computer graphics you suck.

And it's supposed to be a robot.

Morkar Left

Looks good. Graphic quality is nice, except a bit of a plastic look and feel. I suppose it's because of work in progress. For my personal taste there is too much color depth / contrast. But I have to admit it would be in tune with the original Wasteland.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Let me be the first.........

ohohoooh ehehehehe hahahahahh h

LOOKS LIKE TOTAL SHIT, i can't believe you tards are fapping over this cartoon-flash-80's kiddie show shit. Can't believe Fargo would botch this one so bad.

fallout.jpg

Colors bitch, colors. Since when the fuckin wasteland shines like dog balls on the sun?

I WANT TO SEE APOLOGISTS DEFENDING W2 BECAUSE THEY HAVE FAITH AND SPEND JEWGOLDZ ON FARGO :lol:. THE TRUTH IS YOU WILL GET FACEBOOK INTEGRATED INTO THE RANGER-COMM AND SHINY WASTELAND WITH PG 3 RATING OLOLOLOLO. YOU WILL ALL WAKE UP IN 2 MONTHS WITH A FAT COCK IN YOUR MOUTH AND A SIGN OVER YOUR HEAD 'LOOSERS'.

BUTTHURT MUST FLOW.

Drowed

Arcane
Colors? In a post-apocalyptic game? No brown/green filter? Who would have known?

It does looks nice. Fair enough for a indie RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom