Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News 2 Days Left Until Project X Reveal

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Project X

This is getting a little silly, isn't it? Why can't they just tell us? Why this torment?

The splash screen has been updated, and so has the "hidden" page source text.

9045.jpg

I recognize your pain. Your kind must learn it comes from straining against the turning of the world. It spins thus. You cannot stop it. One day, you will wake up. You will stop pulling. The pain will be gone. Until then, all your waking hours are suffering.

<!--. X . X X I T X -->
<!-- In time, waves washing against the fingers of Geiran's Grasp will call them back into the sea. The difference between you and the sea is that the sea does not stop. -->​

Josh Sawyer also posted this picture on Twitter. Notice the snake thing poster. It's an anagram!

Update
There's a relatively new profile for Obsidian on Kickstarter (created in August).

Obsidian Entertainment is a game development studio located in Irvine, CA. We were founded in 2003 with many former Black Isle Studios employees dedicated to producing high-quality role-playing games. We're most known for games like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Fallout: New Vegas.

Prior to Obsidian, each of the owners worked for Black Isle Studios as production, design, management, and programming staff, having worked on the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment series.

We loved working on those games, and feel there's a real nostalgia for them, and we're looking to you for help to bring them back!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The anagram can also be transleted as "one pro here". So the .X.XX.XX stuff looks like is Eternity afterall, and not a date. Friday can't come soon enough.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Hihihihi.

I'm making an effort not being onto something. So it would be funny if I was.

St. Toxic

Arcane
No e-pro here. He's just sad because he's fallen behind the times, I'm with ya bro. Who knows what kids are up to these days.

Stauff

Liturgist
This all makes perfect sense if you just compare snake symbol with White wolf IP - world of darkness which absolutely relates to all this text jibberish. Given that Tim Cain is on board, Vampires are on the rise - that's masquerade time!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I am quite pissed over how they cheated by counting y as a consonant instead of a vowel. :rpgcodex:

having worked on the Baldur's Gate,
:lol: Taking credit for Bioware, how low.

deuxhero

Arcane
It's not an anagram (or at least not a solvable one) you idiots.

2wdrbja.jpg

Notice the L cut off? That isn't all the text. Also note the things holding it up show that isn't anywhere near the paper's end..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No shit, genius. I think it's "NO SLEEP FOR THE COURIER".

Stinger

Arcane
I'm inclined to think the puzzle might be a snake cipher, based on a post made on the Obsidian forums. You know, cause the Ouroborous has a snake in it. So I think we start from the symbol and read right to left, then go down to line 2 and read left to right then down to line 3 and right to left etc.

Post the full darn image Mr Sawyer :(

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
LOL wtf is this? Obsidian is failing at clever enticement with these ridiculous musings. Just announce the goddamned project so we can speculate by Codexian Standards :obviously:.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
LOL wtf is this? Obsidian is failing at clever enticement with these ridiculous musings. Just announce the goddamned project so we can complain about screenshots being cartoony :obviously:.

Fixed.

Suchy

Arcane
I recognize your pain. Your kind must learn it comes from straining against the turning of the world. It spins thus. You cannot stop it. One day, you will wake up. You will stop pulling. The pain will be gone. Until then, all your waking hours are suffering.
Well, this is obviously directed at us. And it means that the game will be consoleshit popamole, as this is the natural turn of things. Until we accept it, we'll only suffer. Because we cannot have nice things. :obviously:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is *that* way. (c)

http://mordian7th.blogspot.ca/2011/10/heresy-era-thousand-sons-march-to.html

Thousand_Sons_sym.jpg
Whoa. This is Heavy. Warhammer 40K RPG from Obsidian? Am I dreaming? Seriously, this all makes sense. The logo is very similar, the name Godhammer is mentioned in both places. Kill the heretics!

Also, the WH40K licenc is now at THQ, and Obsidian have a good relationship with them since they make the South Park RPG together.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom