Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Neverwinter Nights 2 + Expansions Available on GOG

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: GOG; Neverwinter Nights 2; Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer; Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate; Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir; Obsidian Entertainment

GOG.com just added Neverwinter Nights 2 to its catalogue, and it even includes all the three expansions: Mask of the Betrayer, Storm of Zehir and Mysteries of Westgate. The current, slightly discounted launch price is $14.99, valid until Thursday, January 31, at 10:59AM GMT; the game is going to cost $19.99 after the promo is over.

Welcome back to Neverwinter!

Bards sing tales of heroes in ages past, but they rarely mention those that are yet to become heroes. One such hero is a farmer in the small village of West Harbor. Raised by the elven ranger, Daeghun, as his own child, our hero will embark on a grandiose quest against the King of Shadows. Neverwinter Nights 2 is the tale of his deeds. His adventures continue in Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer. Our protagonist discovers that an ominous spell has fallen on him. A curse of perpetual hunger--one which can only be quelled by consuming the souls of spirits. In order to remove the curse, he has to travel to the Shadow Realm, which harbors dark secrets and tormented souls.

Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir gives as a breather from grand quests of destiny and epic ordeals. You simply assemble a group of four adventurers (either by carefully picking out each of their statistics and skills or by randomly re-rolling your characters until you find the ones that suit you) and go where the wind takes you. Just make sure to get a good look at the map as you will need it to explore the wide open region of Samarach and the Sword Coast. Then, yet another adventure: in an ancient and forgotten tomb you found an unusual mask. It made you quite powerful but changed your life into a living nightmare. Strange, terrifying visions torment your psyche. Every time you try to get rid of the accursed mask, it secretly makes its way back to you. There's just one solution: set sail for Westgate and discover the secret of the Night Masks in Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate.

Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete is an epic RPG set in the fantasy world of the Forgotten Realms, one of the most popular campaign settings of Dungeons & Dragons. Use all the wicked spells, feats, and prestige classes from the D&D 3.5 rules. Create your characters any way you wish, choosing from a wide variety of races and subraces, such as Tiefling and Aasimar. As if the pre-made campaigns weren't enough, you can take the reins and use the powerful Obsidian Neverwinter NIghts 2 Toolset to make your own adventures and share them with friends!​

Grab it here.

(The above link is Codex-affiliated; you support the Codex by buying via that link.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good. Buy it guys, even only for MoTB. Neglected MoW is also worth it, great urban setting. Now, go, buy it, support the dex!

Not to mention Obsidian. If their deal is still valid after Atari's collapse, they might be getting royalties from this.

Deleted member 7219

MotB is one of the finest RPGs ever made, mainly due to the excellent writing, and weird and wonderful setting - finally a modern D&D game that isn't on the Sword Coast. The spirit eater mechanic is a retard detector, stops you exploiting the game mechanics like resting, and gives actual gameplay consequences to acting like a monster (instead of just butthurt NPCs and ending slides).

I've only played MoW once but I remember enjoying it a lot, there were different routes through the game and different endings depending on your choices, IIRC.

NWN2 OC is not as bad as the Codex makes out, well worth a playthrough at least once - and be sure to import your character into MotB.

I refused to buy SoZ.

Israfael

Arcane
This game is not that old to end up on GoG.. runs fine on Win7 x64.
Strange, i remember buying it (full NWN+MoTB+SoZ pack) at Steam store for 1.5$ a year ago.. I admit, it was a region-locked version, but it was in English : x

Israfael

Arcane
mainly due to the excellent writing, and weird and wonderful setting
I'd add that ambient music added an excellent atmosphere on top of that.. i even ripped Shadow Mulsantir mp3 from the game

Deleted member 7219

This game is not that old to end up on GoG.. runs fine on Win7 x64.
Strange, i remember buying it (full NWN+MoTB+SoZ pack) at Steam store for 1.5$ a year ago.. I admit, it was a region-locked version, but it was in English : x

GOG stopped being 'Good Old Games' a couple of years ago. They sell new games too.

NWN2 on Steam was never available to people in the UK, maybe Europe too. And from what I've heard, it is no longer available on Steam for the US either.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not available on Steam, but maybe now it will come back.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
AhHHhh hmmhmm well freinds I can't help but notice........ this site calls itsef "old games' but.. not really old is it??? not to mention i personanally would not call it "good"......... makes u think :D:D:D just sayin. peace

Kirtai

Augur
The current, slightly discounted launch price is $14.99; the game is going to cost $19.99 after this launch day promo is over, i.e., starting tomorrow.
Seems the discount is until "Thursday, January 31, at 10:59AM GMT" according to the news post, so a week.

Erebus

Arcane
MotB and MoW shouldn't be missed. The OC and SoZ are fairly forgettable, though they have some good things here and there (like the trial in the OC and the last battle in SoZ).

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I don't get the flack against SoZ. Gameplaywise it is vastly superior to both MotB and OC (MotB is coll too but when I think of pointless encounters and boring gameplay I lose all the Steam I'd need to replay it). Now the phenomenon of MoW is ssomething I don't understand. It was pretty boring, IMO (not to mention I ran across a gamebreaking bug).

Kirtai

Augur
I'm surprised that there wasn't more made of how NWN1+2 were specifically designed to run third party modules. There's far too many people who think that the official campaigns are all there is.

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I've been waiting for this since I missed it on steam :(

Time to chat with one-of-many again!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom