Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information GOG Summer Sale 2013 Begins

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Baldur's Gate; Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn; D&D; Demon Stone; Dragonshard; GOG; Hasbro; Icewind Dale; Icewind Dale 2; Neverwinter Nights; Neverwinter Nights 2; Planescape: Torment; Runic Games; Temple of Elemental Evil; Torchlight

The 2013 GOG Summer Sale is upon us! Unlike last year's summer sale with its voting thing, this one follows the standard sale model, with a 50% discount on most games and daily sales with deeper discounts on selected titles. Today's daily sale is the ever-popular D&D anthology, consisting of all D&D games available on GOG, which you can get at an 80% discount if you buy all the ones you don't already have. Of course, if you're reading this, you probably do have all of these games already. Still waiting for those SSI games, Hasbro!

I should note that this is the first time some of GOG's newest additions have been on sale. Among the games available at a discount for the first time are Avernum: The Complete Saga and System Shock 2. Unfortunately, the most recently added titles, including the Wizardry games, are not included in this sale. In any case, I wouldn't recommend buying anything until you're sure it won't have a daily sale with a deeper discount later on.

One last thing - the Diablo clone hack and slash dungeon crawling action-RPG Torchlight is available free for the first two days of the sale, so go ahead and grab it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirtai

Augur
Just a note that games from Square Enix, Bohemia Interactive, Capcom and Interplay are only on promo for a week, not the whole duration of the sale.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Important note from the forums

Square Enix, Bohemia Interactive, Capcom and Interplay catalogues will all only be on promo for one week

Square Enix owns the rights to Looking Glass Studio and Ion Storm games.

Edit: damn, ninja'd

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I feel stupid because I bought a handful of games on Steam last month and now they are available on gog. I wish I had waited... guess I won't buy from steam for a year to compensate.

TripJack

Hedonist
you're right bro im sure the good folks at NWC will greatly appreciate my 5 dollars
:dance:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
As a side note, anyone who doesn't buy the Might and Magic 6-Pack for $4.99 is a damn fool.

Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?

I just bought it. Am I a fool or not? Someone please decide for me.

Confession time: I have never played a Might and Magic game.
You made the right move, and are a lucky person: play World of Xeen and M&M VI, in either order. Great games. Also, everyone can go to hell: the Codex had their chance to buy the rights to Might and Magic for a paltry 1.3 million, and now it's nothing but sour grapes from all of them.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
As a side note, anyone who doesn't buy the Might and Magic 6-Pack for $4.99 is a damn fool.

Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?

I just bought it. Am I a fool or not? Someone please decide for me.

Confession time: I have never played a Might and Magic game.

It's mindless whack-a-mob. Part of the M&M charm is Mindless & Mayhem.
Whack whack whack, and those retarded looking portraits when showing the afflicted adventurer's status.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
System Shock 2 for $5 is tempting me, but some time ago I've made myself a promise only to buy games when I actually want to (immediately) play them. I am saving more money this way than when buying bucketloads of games at discounts and never touching them afterwards.

LeJosh

Savant
Decide for me Codex, is Miasmata good enough for beer money?

I saw that it was a adventure-ish style of game with survival...

Modron

Arcane
Yeah he's just trolling cause one of the 5.x patches enable that cut sword.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
System Shock 2 for $5 is tempting me, but some time ago I've made myself a promise only to buy games when I actually want to (immediately) play them. I am saving more money this way than when buying bucketloads of games at discounts and never touching them afterwards.
this is not about you, man, it's about keeping GOG going smoothly.

BUY IT I SAID

Kirtai

Augur
On the up side, sometimes the numbers work out that you get a game for free.

On the down side, that game can be MoO3

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom