Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Knights of the Chalice 2 Development Update

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Heroic Fantasy Games; Knights of the Chalice 2

Some of you will still remember the year 2009 (it was 2009, right? 4 years ago already) when the Codex enjoyed the freshly released Knights of the Chalice. * Ever since we've been waiting for a sequel, but unfortunately KotC2 had to be postponed in favor of a strategy game, Battle of the Sands. Was that worth it? I have no idea. However, the good news is, since this RTS nonsense is done now, the developer is back on working on KotC2. Here's the latest update from the KotC buyer forum:

Hi, in this update I will talk a bit about spells.

In terms of the share of development work, spells are one of the biggest chunks for both KotC and KotC 2.

Since the game will have an integrated module editor, there will be a spell editor.

I will use the spell editor to create the database of all the spells described in the website.

Later on, players might use it to create an additional spell or two for their modules, or to modify an existing spell.

In the following screenshots you can see the spell properties for the spell Protection from Arrows. (click to enlarge)
By the way, I'm thinking that this spell should only provide DR 5, not DR 10.

As you can see this is the only spell in the database so far, so I'm going to have to spend a lot of time just to add the spells. Meanwhile I'm also going to develop the other editors - for items, weapons/armour, creatures, scripts and finally maps.

I need to have all the editors ready before I can work on combat, the game's interface and AI.

And now here is the picture for the Cleric. I hope you'll like it!

Cleric.png

FWE/KotC 2 is now my only project so things will go a bit quicker, hopefully.

Note: I don't get paid anything for working on this, so please show your support by buying Battle of the Sands (now just £5) or my book (now £9.95).

Hopefully this hasn't been posted already, but if it has, forgive me for not following the "RPG news" too closely these days.

* screenshots are kaput

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I hope that, however the the final game feels like, there'll still be a strong focus on AI. That was truly the highlight of the first game IMO...

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros don't hotlink to bro's pictures...
dunno, I guess Pierre doesn't mind. Do you think bros should save other bros pictures in the Codex' gallery before using them in a newspost?

Personally, I hotlink whenever it's convenient, but in this case the bottom image is too large and probably shouldn't be in the newspost at all.

Just my two cents.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does anyone know whether his excursion into the RTS genre was worth it? The game didn't look interesting enough to me to buy it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Bros don't hotlink to bro's pictures...
dunno, I guess Pierre doesn't mind. Do you think bros should save other bros pictures in the Codex' gallery before using them in a newspost?

Personally, I hotlink whenever it's convenient, but in this case the bottom image is too large and probably shouldn't be in the newspost at all.

Just my two cents.

You should always think of the future as well, you never know if the original images go down.

Lhynn

Arcane
Loved KotC, never got around to finish it tho, glad to see it didnt go unnoticed in the codex.

Overboard

Arcane
On the bright side, doing sands will have taught him that he's utter rubbish at making a rts game, so he'll now be able to concentrate on rpgs without wondering 'what if?'.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aw shit, this is kinda neat.

I never played the first KOtC but was definitely planning on it. I heard it could be easily broken via crafting, or something like that. Any truth to that?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yep, especially toward the end of the game when you have plenty of XP to spare to craft super items of doom that surpass anything you can find.

KickAss

Augur
Maybe a better perspective this time? That's the only reason I haven't played the original. Makes me seasick after a while...

Grimlorn

Arcane
Surprised he's still not kickstarting the game. I guess he wants to do it on his own, instead of hiring help.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Surprised he's still not kickstarting the game. I guess he wants to do it on his own, instead of hiring help.
Pierre hates money. This is going beyond joke level and really starting to look like a actual fact.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom