Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Update: Post-Launch Patch 1 Now Available

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

Limbic Entertainment's Might & Magic X: Legacy just received its first patch. The patch's details were actually described last week on the game's open development blog:

Hello Adventurers,

Don’t give way to despair! The patch is on its way and will arrive on the 2nd half of February (exact date to be confirmed as soon as possible!). Among other things, it will include:
  • Three new dungeons (including the Community Dungeon you created: we have 2 special guests on our Credits now!). We will give you more information about them within the next days but to give you a small insight: two of them will be available for everybody & the last one is exclusively for deluxe buyers!
  • Improved performance & clearer texture quality setting (you can expect some improvement on open world but we will continue to work on this point along next patches too)
  • Reduction of save corruption risks (we are still working on it, however we recommend you to delete existing ones and disable Uplay Saves Sync if you experienced this issue)
  • 16/10 resolution is now officially supported by the game
  • Fixed modding kit for the final version of the game
  • Spirit Beacon bug is now fixed; invisible enemy won’t haunt you anymore! (You can no longer use it in dungeon or with close enemies)
  • Numerous additional bug fixes & balancing (many of them reported by the community)
  • Etc.
Please check the list at the end of this article for detailed information about the patch. Also, we're still working on a Mac version of the game. It still needs to be tested and optimized and we hope we can deliver it within the first half of 2014.

We are aware we still have improvements to achieve and we deeply apologize to all of you. We are doing our best to understand, reproduce and find solutions. Please have a look on where we are standing today regarding the following topics:
  • Performance improvement & heat issues: Of course we will continue improving the game performance and still have some challenges ahead in this point. However, with this new patch, you should be able to better tweak the game and have a real positive impact on your game performance. For instance, we strongly recommend you to reduce the shadow distance & shadow qualities that are the main too “greedy” options. Don’t forget to reducing the globalgame quality, we know the game can be “heavy”.
  • For those who can’t access Act 2, we are still trying to identify all possible cases. However, thanks to some important fixes, this should be fixed for most of you. Still, we will need your feedback to confirm this and explorealternative solutions.
  • If you still have difficulties connecting to Uplay or recovering your Uplay rewards, we will need your rendezvouslog & saves to check this. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/833976-Saves-corruption-issue
  • Concerning bugged quests, we should have fixed most of them, however we continue our tests and improvements. We recommend you to load your existing saves after the update, create a new save, and then load it in order to apply all patch modifications. If this doesn’t solve the issue, please share your saves with us on the forum.
Again, we understand your frustration and we really want to fix all those issues as soon as possible and the best way we can imagine. Our team will continue support and we will let you know as soon as a further patch is planned.

Thanks again for your support,
your MMX dev team
Seems like this patch isn't quite a panacea, but new dungeons and 16:10 resolutions is pretty nice. You can learn a bit about those new dungeons here.

himmy

Arcane
Reduction of save corruption risks (we are still working on it, however we recommend you to delete existing ones and disable Uplay Saves Sync if you experienced this issue)

youdontsay.jpg

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
  • Three new dungeons (including the Community Dungeon you created: we have 2 special guests on our Credits now!). We will give you more information about them within the next days but to give you a small insight: two of them will be available for everybody & the last one is exclusively for deluxe buyers!

Oh, lovely.

bledcarrot

Educated
How much has the performance improved? Because I stopped playing to wait for them to optimise that shit. Was ruining mah immershun.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
While its better than previous version, performance issues still remain. Especially near any grid that need green/white dragons blessing my rig start to make truck noises and game gets choppy.
Haven't encountered any sound/music bug in this version, yet.
Bows and crossbows are a bit more reliable now, you can actually kill something with them but most of the fights still happen in small areas where you get surrounded easly. Two handed weapons got a nice damage bonus too , dunno why tbh they were already hitting hard.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Even with the new performance improvements it has problems... that being said, their recommendation to lower the already mediocre visuals is laughable.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even with the new performance improvements it has problems... that being said, their recommendation to lower the already mediocre visuals is laughable.
Wtf? For a blobber? What engine did they use?

Wikipedia said:
Ahh, okay.
Performance optimizations are not exactly Unity's strong side. But to be fair, optimizations are no strong point of any "pre-made" engine.

I bought this only to have my videocard stressed and overheated.
If your videocard overheats because of any piece of software your hardware setup is fucked up.
Yep. otherwise plenty of people would sue Unity, and/or the unoptimized games made using it.
But that doesn't change the fact that unity is a piece of unoptimized shit., no matter what shoe string budget devs might want you to believe.

Dorateen

Arcane
I haven’t disturbed the main Legacy thread, to avoid being spoiled. But after playing the past couple weeks, I’ll leave some inital impressions.

One criticism is what I find to be too much needless streamlining and handholding. I think the quest presentation and journal can be a little obvious. And I didn’t like quest specific items popping up as icons upon entering locations. Thanks, but when I disabled the help/hints pop-ups, I’d like all that stuff to disappear. There is more transparency than I would prefer to see. Some things ought to be left for the player to figure out.

The beginning areas are too tutorial in nature, in fact, I would rather no tutorial at all. I don’t care about “Old school, new rules” and introducing players to this style of RPG. Everyone should be thrown into the adventure and learn about the game mechanics by playing the game. I would rather content not be blocked off until completing certain tasks. If I want to leave the city before the party is ready, I should be able to do so, and deal with the consequences accordingly.

Having said all that, I am enjoying Legacy immensely. Right now I’m running with a Paladin/Defender/Ranger/Freemage party and having a blast. There have been some tough early enemies. Combat seems more tactical than Xeen or Isles of Terra. The core of what makes a memorable RPG appears to be in place. Resource management has been a relevant issue and I love the struggle of being broke in the early stages.

Unless Cleave delivers on May 31, 2014, Might & Magic could potentially be RPG of the year.

Performance wise, there are some noticeable lag issues in battle, when the game does not respond to a keyboard command. The load time between areas is not terrible for me. I’ll probably patch this weekend and see if it makes a difference.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Did they fix the loading pausing when the game loses focus? That was p. ridiculous.

I bought this only to have my videocard stressed and overheated.
If your videocard overheats because of any piece of software your hardware setup is fucked up.
Yep. otherwise plenty of people would sue Unity, and/or the unoptimized games made using it.
But that doesn't change the fact that unity is a piece of unoptimized shit., no matter what shoe string budget devs might want you to believe.
Not sure if the problem lies with unity itself or with it being the general choice of indie developers. Probably both.

Not sure if the problem lies with unity itself or with it being the general choice of indie developers. Probably both.
I think it is a case of strength of Unity working against it. it is incredibly easy and fast to whip up something in Unity. This allows devs to get away with lot of ineptitude. Combine this with lack of access to the Unity Source Code...and you have people's cards melting and shit.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The game itself is a lot simpler, I don't think it being 2D or 3D matters a whole lot.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom