Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News South Park: The Stick of Truth Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; South Park: The Stick of Truth; Ubisoft

After a ridiculous number of years in development, Obsidian's South Park: The Stick of Truth has finally been released. In North America, at least - with Ubisoft, these things are never quite clear. Here's the launch trailer:

The game is available on Steam for the price of $60. There is no Uplay, nor is there any Day 1 DLC or anything of that sort, which is kind of surprising. The emerging consensus seems to be that it's a fun little JRPG that should please fans of the TV series; whether or not it's worth that price is up to the individual buyer. Expect to see our official review sometime in the near future.

Update: GameBanshee has a roundup of the game's first day reviews, which are all fairly positive.

Lexx

Cipher
So. How bad is the game and when do I have to buy it?

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Have to say, I want to play it after watching that trailer.
I'm not even really a fan of the south park humor, but that looked like they have put some love it to it, and it helps that it isn't taking itself too seriously.

A user named cat

Maybe in a few weeks, or months, when the patches are out and the bugs are squashed, we can talk about Stick of Truth for what it is: a wonderful, funny RPG that does some really clever, surprising things. For now, I can't recommend it.
If you’re willing to plough through its dull opening hours (or perhaps mainline the main story until you reach the Taco Bell content to speed that process up), and put up with the technical issues, then there’s a lot on offer here.
Obsidian. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe in a few weeks, or months, when the patches are out and the bugs are squashed, we can talk about Stick of Truth for what it is: a wonderful, funny RPG that does some really clever, surprising things. For now, I can't recommend it.
If you’re willing to plough through its dull opening hours (or perhaps mainline the main story until you reach the Taco Bell content to speed that process up), and put up with the technical issues, then there’s a lot on offer here.

RPS and Kotaku. :M

We'll see what our reviewer has to say about this topic.

Duraframe300

Arcane

RockPaperShotgun :M

I'm not saying this is bugfree, but from my experience and user reports this doesn't have more bugs than other games.

Still gets called out on it the most and exactly release day.

Septaryeth

Augur
It's South Park. If you like South Park you'll like this. If not then simply don't bother.

Watched a few episodes, not exactly a fan but didn't hate it...:M
For 60 bucks...How does it fare as a RPG?

Last edited:

hiver

60 bucks?

Fleecing the last dime from a popularly known name, i see.

Discovering that the PC version carries not a single display option, won’t switch between controller and keyboard if a controller’s plugged in, and offers no way to reassign keys, you would be right to roll your eyes all the way back into your head.
:roll:

ffs... i wonder who will get more shit because of this, obs or the publisher.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
As a jrpg it's nice enough. I'm personally having a riot but then again, I do love the humor. Just got a quest where I have to 'relocate' homeless camps. And supplied the local organic coffeeshop with locally grown meth for the coffee. It's South Park alright.

kazgar

Arcane
There was a 25% off greenman gaming key floating around if getting it for $45 is more appealing.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Discovering that the PC version carries not a single display option, won’t switch between controller and keyboard if a controller’s plugged in, and offers no way to reassign keys, you would be right to roll your eyes all the way back into your head.
:roll:

ffs... i wonder who will get more shit because of this, obs or the publisher.

Well, it's not like Obsidian didn't have enough development time :lol:

hiver

i didnt mean to say its only the publisher fault.
i was just wandering how it will go.

by RPS article the game is a half-consolized-turd in features and mechanics. its only saving grace being SP content.

even fucking Kotaku is crapping over it, ffs...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
i didnt mean to say its only the publisher fault.
i was just wandering how it will go.

by RPS article the game is a half-consolized-turd in features and mechanics. its only saving grace being SP content.

even fucking Kotaku is crapping over it, ffs...
Yes, because Kotaku is so reliable. If you believe mainstream reviews so much, read the other ones, which like the game.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
i want to buy this, but i don't want to spend 60$ on it. i guess i'll wait...

hiver

The reviews that "like the game" dont contain anything but empty hype rhetoric and emotional vomit of how it made them feel.
Which includes lip service to "some bugs" and praises of SP content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom