Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Final Update: End of Support Announcement

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

In an unusual move, the Might & Magic X: Legacy team has formally announced the end of support for the game on its open development blog:

We’ve gone through a great deal together over the past year: the surprise announcement of "Might & Magic X – Legacy" at Pax East in March 2013; the subsequent launch of the OpenDev blog; the Early Access release; and finally, the official launch in January 2014.

Thanks to you and your support, we achieved way more than we could have done alone. Therefore, the team would like to truly thank you, and use this as an opportunity to look back on everything we came through together.

[...] However, even the best things come to an end eventually… Today we announce the end of the Might & Magic X – Legacy project. Indeed, the development team is now switching to exciting new projects. It’s painful for all of us to say goodbye to MMX, but rest assured you will hear about Might & Magic again soon.

No further updates are planned for the game or the website but we will continue to monitor the OpenDev blog and the forums, so you can be sure we’re still reading your comments! Indeed, today we would like to leave you the virtual keys so you can record all the amazing things you achieved. If you would like to share any information about the game, unofficial patches, workarounds, mods etc. please let us know in the comments.

The quest for the Agyn Peninsula is now over, companions. We shared great moments and achievements; and it was a real honor to fight by your side. We are leaving Karthal, our hearts full of pride from this successful mission to prevent the return of darkness. Until next time, adventurers--our journey in the world of Ashan is not yet over.
"The end of the Might & Magic X - Legacy project"! That's rather dire. It's a strange announcement, because the game hasn't been updated for months anyway. Why say this now? Perhaps they're planning to announce one of those "exciting new projects" soon...

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone know the sales figures (even a rough estimate) on how MMX did? I was really hoping that MMX would lead to a (small) revival of the MM franchise with maybe a "modern" take on MMVI-VII as MMX was a take on WoX. This strange announcement doesn't really sound encouraging... :|

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Anyone know the sales figures (even a rough estimate) on how MMX did? I was really hoping that MMX would lead to a (small) revival of the MM franchise with maybe a "modern" take on MMVI-VII as MMX was a take on WoX.
Stop trying to make MMX sound worse than it really was. I'm the one who does that

Loriac

Arcane
Seems they're dropping any ideas of future DLC officially with this release.

I suspect we will see MMXI being announced fairly soon.

Angthoron

Arcane
Huh, this is unusual. I guess they're in a place where they consider most bugs "ironed out", then. Nice of them to actually officially announce the end of support, though.

I'm guessing they're starting to develop another game, so they'll need all their resources on that instead. Probably MMXI. If they take lessons learned from MMX and apply them to MMXI, it should actually be bretty gud.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cross-posting:

Some hints on the next games they might be developing on the job offers page:

Senior Level Designer

- Extensive experience in designing levels for strategy games (TBS, RTS)
- Strong understanding of strategy game defining gameplay fundamentals
- Previous experience with the Unreal Editor is a plus

Senior Game Designer

- Several years of experience in game development, PC and online games preferred
- Survival game experience desireable

Also, the third one:

Internal Producer

- Preferred a gaming background in Survival Games, FPS and Online Games

They're probably making two different games here. A strategy game (HOMM VII?) and...something else.

Angthoron

Arcane
Cross-posting:

Some hints on the next games they might be developing on the job offers page:

Senior Level Designer

- Extensive experience in designing levels for strategy games (TBS, RTS)
- Strong understanding of strategy game defining gameplay fundamentals
- Previous experience with the Unreal Editor is a plus

Senior Game Designer

- Several years of experience in game development, PC and online games preferred
- Survival game experience desireable

Also, the third one:

Internal Producer

- Preferred a gaming background in Survival Games, FPS and Online Games

They're probably making two different games here. A strategy game (HOMM VII?) and...something else.
Missed that. Yeah, sounds like HoMM VII being one. The other... DMoMaM 2?!

Zeriel

Arcane

No MMXI.

Emma-Stone.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Keep in mind that Limbic Entertainment is a privately owned company, and there's no guarantee that any of those games is a Might & Magic or Ubisoft game at all. One of them probably is, though.

Zeriel

Arcane
Of course, Limbic not working on MMXI might just mean that Ubisoft is planning to do some big-budget Might & Magic with another studio...

You can't take away my hope!

Angthoron

Arcane
Of course, Limbic not working on MMXI might just mean that Ubisoft is planning to do some big-budget Might & Magic with another studio...

Sure I can. In this case, Rihanna Pratchett will be working on the script!

See? Easy.

m_s0

Arcane
MOBA incoming...
I can live with HoMM VI, but if they make a MOBA out of the franchise :x
VI or VII?

So you're hoping for a big budget Might & Magic game? I hope you don't expect it to be anything like a M&M game then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom