Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #56: The Apocalypse is Now - Wasteland 2 Released!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

It's been almost two and a half years since it was Kickstarted. Two and a half years since it kicked off the RPG revolution. After several delays, not to mention an immense amount of Codexian drama, inXile's Wasteland 2 is finally here. Here are the words of Brian Fargo, in an appropriately celebratory Kickstarter update:

I can hardly believe that it has been two and half years since I stood out in the Mojave Desert and started the filming of my Kickstarter campaign. All the while knowing it was the last and only hope for a Wasteland 2.

I’m very proud that we have delivered on our promise of the deep and nuanced CRPG that you had all been hoping for. I’m also quite proud of the team at inXile for their hard work and passion to deliver something special. It was the highlight of my career when you stepped up to support the development of this game. Having your trust meant everything and there was no way we were going to let you down.

I am really looking forward to seeing all of your comments and the unique experiences you’ll have. So much of the detail is not obvious at first as you will carve a natural path through the world, there are so many numerous ways to handle situations. If you ever think you are stuck, there are probably 2-4 more ways to handle it. In fact, we’ve re-visited the concept of where and how a game can end so some of you will find vastly different endings that don’t all take place at the same point in the story.

The power of a great RPG to me is that the memory of the time I spent playing stays with me long after I finished the game. I hope this has the same lasting effect like the classics have done prior.

If you are loving the game, feel free to shout it to the rooftops. We just want to keep making RPGs for decades to come and your support in every way helps make that a reality for us.

If you reading this that means the game has gone live! Jump in and experience the world of Wasteland!

Several reviews have already been published, over at Eurogamer, Rock Paper Shotgun, PC Gamer, and elsewhere. Though not without their niggles, their impressions are overall uniformly positive, and the scores are suitably high. Wasteland 2 is now available on Steam and GOG, for the price of $40. Go grab it and tell us what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How do you call getting depressed by good games being released (because you do not have time to play them)? :( I still have not finished Divinity, FFS.

I hate my life.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You should deal with it. With fact that you never finish all these games you want, even when you have ton of time. Life become better/real.
And stop calling your game collection "backlog" ffs.

So... what was thread about?
Ah right, heard that there will be another update/patch that break saves so lack of time in this weekend shouldn't be a big deal.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm at a political conference all weekend :negative:

This is my plan all week next week when I finish working for the day.

himmy

Arcane
I like how Garriott managed to plug his Shroud of the Avatar even in a two sentence blurb for somebody else's game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like how Garriott managed to plug his Shroud of the Avatar even in a two sentence blurb for somebody else's game.

Yeah, but did you notice how Feargus' message got the most time AND the still shot? :)

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
Playing now after I left the early access a long time ago. I entered the cave with the repeater units in the Radio Tower map. The giant frog was still there. Based on my memories, I just walked right to that thing convinced I'd be eating giant frog leg for dinner. I got destroyed (max difficulty). I had to try again a couple of times and with some good luck to get past it.... love how they re-balanced the game. It is going to be a lot of fun for the next 2 months or so.... and I haven't even finished DOS.... what the hell, I must be dead and this is heaven for gamers...

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Just a heads up, W2 is currently $30 at GOG (didn't check Steam), not $40.

ETA: It's $40 on Steam.

Seerix

Arbiter
Paid off to stop giving a fuck about this game since "beta" release. Got pleasantly surprised by this launch trailer, looks like they improved a lot. Still, not going to play this until much later. The performance issues and bugs are bound to be just the way to piss me off. Busy with Xenonauts now, anyway.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
With every game I have ever worked on there have been things that I wanted it. It's always painful to ship any game knowing that it could always be better. I really wanted perks and traits but now with games staying live after ship we will plan to revisit adding a number of things.

Heh, I guess Wasteland is not yet feature complete :rollsyes:

With every game I have ever worked on there have been things that I wanted it. It's always painful to ship any game knowing that it could always be better. I really wanted perks and traits but now with games staying live after ship we will plan to revisit adding a number of things.

Heh, I guess Wasteland is not yet feature complete :rollsyes:

It's alfa! Still alfa! Help! We are being decieved! Open your eyes, sheeppie!
:troll:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hopefully we will live in a world where Wasteland 2 will never be feature complete.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
So did they expand the options so those ungodly circles around the characters can be turned off?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom