Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Ability to block ratings from a given user, without blocking their posts.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Some people take the "I'm not gonna ignore anybody" achievement too seriously. Specially when said achievement is clearly making their lives worse. Weird stuff to be prideful for.

Last edited:

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I want to see the fag's useless posts.
0a1dhXD.jpg
Why would you want to read my posts? You wouldn't even understand my jokes and my more serious posts are above your reading comprehension. Just ignore me and move on. I read enough of your retarded posts in the past, I don't want to read them ever again. Everything you post is cringe and retarded. The real question is: Why do you bulgar?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Some people take the "I'm not gonna ignore anybody" achievement too seriously. Specially when said achievement is clearly making their lives worse. Weird stuff to be prideful for.

Reactions from ignored people still appear in your alert i guess.
They don't, I just don't want to ignore people. I want to read all responses to me or to conversations I am a part of, including by imbeciles who spam me with ratings. I only want to silence the ratings.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

They don't, I just don't want to ignore people. I want to read all responses to me or to conversations I am a part of, including by imbeciles who spam me with ratings. I only want to silence the ratings.

The worst part is that even if you ignore someone, their ratings still show when you enter "reactions received" page. So even ignoring is not a solution if you would like to review your ratings without constant notification spam.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik

Ratings are part of the responses given to you, therefore you want to read them too.
Yeah, I want to know if pedophile retards like Zee are still butthurt with me, for example.

Sukhāvatī

a.k.a. Mañjuśṛī
Patron

somerandomdude

Learned
Good morning. All ratings received within 1 minute, even though it takes more than 1 minute to read through the pages containing these posts. I don't want to see this, as its useless, but I want to see the fag's useless posts. Please allow me to ignore his rating spam, without ignoring his post spam. Its easy to implement.
0a1dhXD.jpg

I would just laugh and proceed onward. There's no reason for you to make a topic about this sorta thing unless you're seething ass mad. In infantile internet pissing contests, the first person to get mad loses. So, HeroMarine won.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Moderator From the Mirror Universe: You are mad about ratings? Ok. Leave.

Grow a thicker skin. I know that sounds like internet tough guy talk, but you really need only the barest protection against internet arguments when you are posting from an anonymous account.

If tomorrow everyone on the Codex decided you were a faggot, it would affect precisely none of your life. If everyone rated you negatively on sight, it would neither stop you from posting, nor stop you from leaving and doing something else.

I have an small group off very mad pedos and Europoors who rate me negatively on sight. Does it affect me? Nope. Do I care? Nope.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

The only use cases for ignoring should be spam and the bullshit advertisements Taluntain stuffs into every fucking div he possibly can.

There's literally no other valid reason to ignore someone (while reading their posts anyways) other than being a butt hurt faggot.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The real issue is that the ratings alert behavior changed with the forum upgrade.

It used to be you got an alert for the first rating on a post only, until you checked that is. Now you get an alert for every rating.

I now have close to a hundred alerts when previously I had 20-30 in the same amount of time. Previous behavior was better IMO.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I agree. I also need this

Radiane

Cipher
Why you people care so much about ratings? They are just icons lol.
I wouldn't call those merely some icons. They have the power to trigger a whole cascade of feelings, seen from all the various reactions users regularly showcase after getting certain ratings

Edit: which I consider to be a good thing for the most part. This forum would lose much of its fun without funni ratingos

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Why you people care so much about ratings? They are just icons lol.
I wouldn't call those merely some icons. They have the power to trigger a whole cascade of feelings, seen from all the various reactions users regularly showcase after getting certain ratings

Edit: which I consider to be a good thing for the most part. This forum would lose much of its fun without funni ratingos
Some users get insanely upset for negative rating. Some users also activelt stalk others to spam bad ratings as well is also the reason why i made my profile not public anymore. Because i know some user eat their own hand in frustration when they cannot rate people in their profile.
I dont mind the ratings nor i consider them that important. What is important to me is the content of the posts. The rest matter little.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom