Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Fallout 4.

Select one once you've come to peace with the truth

• Day 1 pip-boy edition preorder

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Collector's edition

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Fine I admit you're right but just the regular edition

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Grudgingly buy it after release

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Borrow from swedish unlicensed maritime tax collectors

Votes: 73 19.7%
  • I WON'T DO IT I TELL YOU!!!/in denial/kingcomrade

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • OP is a faggot

Votes: 197 53.1%

• Total voters

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Watched some of broteam pill's twitch stream on it. There's very little RPG left in this RPG. I may give it a try but I doubt I'll be buying it unless it's several years from now and I see a steam sale for $3 like I did with oblivious and dragon angst goty.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Why the fuck would I buy this game? I don't understand why anyone is buying it.

Fallout 3 had no soul, why would Fallout 4 Now With More Farmville (TM) be any better?

I would like know who, besides mindless fanboys and vapid casual gamers, would actually buy this.

It's really disappointing because Bethesda could hire amazing talent to build a great game, but they choose not to.

Great games draw you in because they are inherently captivating. Bethesda games are successful because they are mediocre games that happen to also be exploitative and addictive.

Adon

Arcane
Didn't buy it nor do I ever plan to. Bethesda bashing is always fun and a LP gives you all the ammunition to point out how bad and retarded some of the aspects are, but it gets old after a while. Only really been posting because these kinds of things are almost like an event, and I enjoy seeing the shitstorm as it happens. I can't speak for everyone (clearly as evidenced by a bunch of codexers actually buying FO4) but I'm sure there are others besides myself that also were ripping into it because practically everywhere else is filled with Bethesda fanboys who will defend every aspect of the game night and day.

Athos

Arcane
Well, I won it on steamgifts the other day. Another man has taken the burden of sin for me. I won't even bother to try it.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Replace "buy" with "play" and you're closer to an accurate prediction :smug:
Actually, I'm curious, wouldn't it be extremely risky to even attempt to "play" the game right now? Wouldn't Bethesderp release their sharks to hunt everyone down during the starting moments of this piece of shit game's birth?

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I finally played the first couple of hours of the game. That's an achievement, since I never managed to play F3 that long.

Since a picture is worth thousands of words, here is my review-in-a-cup of the game (and yes, I am shamelessly assuming the whole game will be similar to the first two hours of gameplay):

:popamole: (with VATS instead of cover mechanics).

Sykar

Arcane
I finally played the first couple of hours of the game. That's an achievement, since I never managed to play F3 that long.

Since a picture is worth thousands of words, here is my review-in-a-cup of the game (and yes, I am shamelessly assuming the whole game will be similar to the first two hours of gameplay):

:popamole: (with VATS instead of cover mechanics).

Who needs cover when the enemy can do nearly nothing.

7215019d53e47410f3a9c1093ef7037d.jpg

Although VATS has other surprising applications:

fdf83580c54e6e398cae067cdce94fa8.jpg

Pity you cannot hit dat booty.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've done multiple playthroughs of all other Bethesda games, but this time they really told me to fuck off since there is no meaningful character generation or development. Fine, you don't want my money, OK. Still intend to give it a try with a single playthrough down the line. Why would I bother playing it more than once? $20 GOTY edition at most.

Legion

Last edited:

Gulnar

Scholar
Maybe i will let's say try it thank to a kick-ass friend, but no, i won't buy it. I won't give money to bethesda to continue in this atrocious behaviour. First, i have to sink money in AoD.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
nope, first bethesda game I'm not buying since TESIII
Still going to play it though. Well seeds numbers are votes too sooo maybe I'm still guilty.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't have interest in spending big money on something that clearly will be disappointing and ultimately played like a solitaire-esque boredom burner, and if it so happens that I some day have, at which point it'll be a bargain bin game alredy, chances are there's something more interesting around.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Didn't buy, didn't play, didn't look at it, and shat on everyone who bought it. I am a true friend.

Kefka1134

Not only have I not bought it I keep forgetting it exists.

I've reached the point with many modern games where I just literally don't follow them at all really, they occupy the space that Hollywood movies used to occupy, and now movies I basically don't watch at all.

That is to say, I sort of treat them with a kind of polite respect while busying myself with some other stuff entirely.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Will wait for some review in a prestigious magazine and decide after that.
I never lose hope that dumbfucks can learn some lessons so maybe this time it will
be gud
be passable

not suck too much for a soulless hiking sim. And maybe one day they will hire someone who actually has a story to tell and knows how to do it ... maybe even as a writer, crazier things happened.
Bought it.
:stupid:

Some positive remarks about the story and characters not being the usual Bethesda derp and the FPS like gunplay that doesn't even pretend to be RPG like anymore and this review by Luibl convinced me. That guy isn't into Doritos, or if he is, he doesn't take any from Biowhore for some reason. ^^
Also Skyrim already wasn't half bad, so I'm starting to forgive Bethesda for that abomination that was Oblivion (ragequitted FO3 because of faked reactivity only a couple of hours in so I can't comment on that, til that moment I liked the ruins scavenging though, didn't give a shit if it made sense given the fimeframe too, I never cared for lore and never will). And I'm just a sucker for open world games that are not the usual lazy Ubisoft collect all the collectibles and capture all the fortresses bullshit with piss easy console controls on top.

Actually looking forward to playing it, downloads atm.

Now only Underrail has to be finished and I'm set for the holidays. :)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom