Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News After scouts Early Access on Steam

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Saint_Proverbius, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    Tags: After; Hyperdrive Game Studios

Hyperdrive Gaming Studios had put their first game, After, out on Early Access. Take jobs in this open world, end of the world driving, shooting, and beating people up CRPG. Did I mention beating people up? There's a lot of that in the trailer. So, if you're looking for a post apocalyptic fix, there you go. Here's more info:

• Explore An Unique World!
      Make your own choices in a large detailed open world, discover factions fighting to control the wasteland and the small number of supplies left.
    • Be Who You Wanna Be!
      Build your character as you like with attributes and skills, collect boy scout badges to grant special perks, and build the best you.
    • Enjoy The Beauty!
      Next-generation graphics bring this world to life and allow for a hyper-detailed and realistic environment. Dynamic day and night systems affect lighting in the world in real-time

As much as I love indie games, I do kind of wish that they'd refrain from adding terrain features until the game can handle what happens when something interacts with those features. Yes, Early Access, but it's still kind of odd to see. That said, the graphics and such do look pretty good for a first outing.

• Funny x 3
    • No x 3
    • Shit x 2
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Curratum Magister

Curratum
    Why is this happening? There are a lot of much better games being released on Steam, that are ALSO not RPGs, like most of those posts, but none of those are mentioned, we just get posts about not just non-RPGs (which I generally don't mind) but about horrible early access indie garbage on top of that.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. VaxxedDeadman Arcane Patron

VaxxedDeadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    what are good nonrpg games being released on steam?

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Curratum Magister

Curratum
    If you can be bothered to scroll back and give me the date when Proverbius started making those posts here, I'll also go back over the Steam games released since then and will pick at least 5 better ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. VaxxedDeadman Arcane Patron

VaxxedDeadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    13th of April.
    You have to give saint_proverbius a break though. He is just some 50yo+ boomer living on a farm in USA.

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Curratum Magister

Curratum
    I don't mean to turn this into random insults and a personal attack on the guy, I'm just genuinely confused what the principle behind picking out those games is.

But as promised, here's 5 better mostly non-RPG games that have come out on Steam since April 13.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1203630/Record_of_Lodoss_WarDeedlit_in_Wonder_Labyrinth/
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1455840/Dorfromantik/
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1388590/Yakuza_6_The_Song_of_Life/
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1426210/It_Takes_Two/
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/829280/Kaze_and_the_Wild_Masks/

• incline incline x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    Ah yes, you know when the trailer runs at 15 FPS that the game is going to be great.

Also, preorders for an Early Access game?

Wow.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. elverkongen Novice

elverkongen
    ^ Top  
  9. Curratum Magister

Curratum
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This some serious low tier stuff to be posting about.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Skdursh Learned

Skdursh
    Looks like a Cyberpunk 2077 mod.

Hard pass.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    Lol, just leaving this here if anyone is actually interested.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    Even better is his review on Steam:

It's the ONLY review of the game, too. He's right though, especially considering the feature list which apparently the game as it is now mostly lacks. If you want to put out something like this with a feature list like that, you might want to let people know those things are in progress and not currently in what you're paying for. That said, he's also right about it being a great idea for a game. Releasing it now even in Early Access in the state it's in for $20 is shooting yourself in the foot.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
  15. Bastardchops Scholar

Bastardchops
    Because quality control is a foreign concept to Saint_Proverbius.

^ Top  
  16. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    PVE-tag on Steam.
    Is this supposed to be MMO?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    If the PVE tag is on there, they just recently added it. It wasn't there when I posted about it. It wouldn't shock me, a lot of the other things that are tagged aren't in the game yet either.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.