Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Agarest: Putting the PG in RPG

Cassidy

Arcane
I gave up at the first few minutes of the first video. Watching it is already cringeworthy.

And that trying too hard to KAWAII ^_^ voice acting, wow, it is of worse quality than this and this, and unlike those, it is completely unbearable.

:0/5:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
15 Hours into the game...

Today I just realized you can swap skills between party members.

Agent Orange: hahahaha what
Agent Orange: how does that make any sense

Let's look at the picture below:

01.jpg

Skills are determined by the skills equipped by the particular character. However, not all skills are available to that character - the type of skills available to them are determined by Weapon Slot and Unit Slot. Unit slot is basically default - you cannot change it - every character is trained to use different range of skills. Now let's learn how to equip one.

Notice Ellis' weapon slot has an empty Light slot. We should slot her in with Ascension then, so she can cast something else and maybe combo with Zerva's Black Mist during combat.

02.jpg

You can also remove nearly useless skill like Trick Hit - because the damage is determined by ATK, which she lacks.

03.jpg

If you need a thief to steal things in combat, she can also be slotted in with that skill.

04.jpg

There, now she gains two new offensive spells, Earth Spike and Ascension. And Steal.
Now, I've been stuck with a staff user = healer mentality for 15 hours and never really understood that this game lets me be slightly flexible with character builds. Let's look at Fyuria.

05.jpg

I emptied all her skills. Notice the Light slot at the bottom that used to be occupied by Ascension?

06.jpg

Slot in a Heal. Now she's a healer. She's not as good as healing as the other two casters, but she has higher initiative and can perform more moves with higher AP.

Other characters aren't very flexible, like Whiteknight and Zerva.

07.jpg

08.jpg

We haven't even talked about crafting new skills,

10.jpg

exchanging tech.points for unique weapons/skills/crafting manuals/rare materials

11.jpg

and crafting gears.

13.jpg

:hmmm:
I am overwhelmed here.

RK47

Patron
I'm not that far yet. I just beat the first boss battle a bit ago, and had the first story decision. I actually reset and did the fight over again because the outcome of the decision made my prospective waifu mad at me... but then on the second attempt the battle itself made her mad at me (I beat the shit out of her brother) so it ended up being a wash.

:lol:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I'm not that far yet. I just beat the first boss battle a bit ago, and had the first story decision. I actually reset and did the fight over again because the outcome of the decision made my prospective waifu mad at me... but then on the second attempt the battle itself made her mad at me (I beat the shit out of her brother) so it ended up being a wash.

:lol:
Oh man you got annihilated. :lol: My first attempt went pretty badly too, but I managed to kill off the gun using guy just barely. Second try I spread out so they couldn't do their aoe bullshit on me, and caught the two of them in some aoe bullshit of my own. Very satisfying.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Everything is so weird
Fyuria looks like an anime-d copy of fury from HoMM 5, which ripped off wytches from Warhammer
Ears long as runways for planes
And VO is ...something

Protagonist creeps me out.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It's really worthwhile to go out of your way to overkill and steal from the bosses. Doing that to Kashibal netted me a Flame Spear (Over 100 innate break, awesome stats, and enhancing it provides exponential bonuses, the 4th enhancement gives over 100 more attack from the 3rd, though it costs like 1000 ep) and Flame Guard (which has 2 skill slots and awesome defenses), moving Elaine from 'kinda subpar' to 'fucking awesome' territory. Plus, even if you just get more smithing materials, that shit sells for thousands of gold, which you can easily use for buying more skills or buying longswords to enhance and turn into atk+100 skills.

Also, my pokemon is one of my strongest party members. Even though it's just a shitty hell wolf (one of the first things you encounter) and has awful stat growth, it has 10 skill slots, starts with all 3 extra skills learned, has like 20 base AP, and it learned Resolve (more SP per turn) at like level 5 or some shit. If a shitty monster like that is that good, I can't imagine how strong a higher level one will be, let alone a giant fuck like that bird boss. Just picked up merciful strike and plan to go on a hunting spree and combine shit until I get something terrifying.

Shadenuat

Arcane
:what:

Well, at least Fyuria is 87 years old, if what Wiki says is true.

...wait, fuck, it's even more crazy--
I just :retarded:

RK47

Patron
Ok the pokemon are fucking overpowered. Some of them can even use human weapons.

I dunno, I messed up in Jumbo Cock dungeon and got my front line wiped. Ever since then the magic users always outleveled the front row by 3 levels.
Quite hilarious. So I've been centering my strategy around ranged nukes instead of melee mash.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Those questions :lol:
It's so blindingly obvious what they're doing, but that's also not nearly as horrible as you made it out to be on steam.

EDIT: I just noticed that Elaine's blushing in her portrait :lol:

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
I just didn't like how the questions are phrased. They made no sense.
The Dark points I gained was completely bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom