Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Agarest: Putting the PG in RPG

So many waifus, so little resolve to play this.

Woe is me.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Ecchi banana event is from Agarest War 2 :rpgcodex: also much better waifus

agarest.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I don't think the sequels will ever come to PC. Unless this Steam version does really well.

Around 2-3 years ago, when I stand next to the collector edition box at a local game store. I said the same thing.
This game will never make it to PC.
But now? It's here.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
no guys really im not fucking a little girl, she just looks like a 12 year old boy...but she's really 86 cuz shes an elf. oh my god u guys just understand that this is true love, a connection forged in battle. does the girls age even really matter? when u bring age into it arent u just destroying the magic and mystery of true love by attaching arbitrary rules to such a cosmic force??? IF SHE IS FUCKING KILLING OCRS. AND GREMLINS AND SHIT AND SHE CAN HOLD HER OWN IN BATTLE/ AND SHE IS MAKING ME FUCKIG ROCK HARD AND SHES 86 AND PROLLY SUCKING GUYS OFF ALREADY AND JUS CUZ SHE DOESNT HAVE BIG BOUNCY TITS AND A JELLOY ASS DOESNT MAKE ME A PEDO FFS THERE RA PLENTY OF OLDER WOMEN WHO LOOK YOUNG CU Z OF PLASTIC SURGERY BUT FUCKING THEM DOESNT MAKE U A PEDO. WOMEN R ALWAYS TRYING TO LOOK YOUNGER SO

RK47

Patron
I love you too, kiddo. (I meant Ellis)

Last edited:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
no guys really im not fucking a little girl, she just looks like a 12 year old boy...but she's really 86 cuz shes an elf. oh my god u guys just understand that this is true love, a connection forged in battle. does the girls age even really matter? when u bring age into it arent u just destroying the magic and mystery of true love by attaching arbitrary rules to such a cosmic force??? IF SHE IS FUCKING KILLING OCRS. AND GREMLINS AND SHIT AND SHE CAN HOLD HER OWN IN BATTLE/ AND SHE IS MAKING ME FUCKIG ROCK HARD AND SHES 86 AND PROLLY SUCKING GUYS OFF ALREADY AND JUS CUZ SHE DOESNT HAVE BIG BOUNCY TITS AND A JELLOY ASS DOESNT MAKE ME A PEDO FFS THERE RA PLENTY OF OLDER WOMEN WHO LOOK YOUNG CU Z OF PLASTIC SURGERY BUT FUCKING THEM DOESNT MAKE U A PEDO. WOMEN R ALWAYS TRYING TO LOOK YOUNGER SO
10/10 perfect impression of otaku pedo scum. :salute:

Suicidal

Arcane
This game looks OK and I was thinking of trying it but the way it's so in-your-face with all the creepy pedo love is really off-putting. Yes, it's worse than Bioware romances because at least you can completely ignore those. Here, it's part of the gameplay.

10/10 perfect impression of otaku pedo scum. :salute:

The horros of living in Nippon have taken a toll upon this heroic Kodexer.

Shadenuat

Arcane
This game has waaay too much filler combat and is waaay too linear
I was so happy when I finished prologue "well okay I don't think I could stand more of this"... and then BOOOM... it's just a prologue, bitch!

And yes I chose Fyuria. Because she was the best DPS'er in party, duh.

4590779251_ed287f95f3.jpg

The idea behind the game is kinda neat, but boy are characters boring and whole plot is BOORING
But at least Sherufanir is kinda funny. Or maybe everybody is so DULL in this game that I myself degenerated to game level and she seems funny now

Combat I like, reminds me of Grandia (characters, movement, music) & Breath of Fire (combos). RPG system also reminds me of Grandia, where you could too switch abilities and weapons in a way.

Also there should be a button to turn off all DLC stuff in the game. Anyone playing this; just sell everything you get from DLCes and edit your gold away with artmoney or something. It's so dumb.
edit. oh there is actually a button! I'm gonna restart game with all DLC off, cool.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hey guise, that's not how babies are made!

I mean, fuck!

Why are you talking about raising the child when the dude hasn't even HAD SEX YET? OR EVEN KISSED OR SHIT?

THIS MAKES NO SENSE, JAPAN!

And don't think I didn't see the huge fallos-shaped tower erupting in a release of white light after the marriage. You sick fucks!

Shadenuat

Arcane
:desu: Another win for tsunderes everywhere, I see
Armor your son gets from his mom is also incline, I couldn't play another generation as white knight

RK47

Patron
Since you over-analyze. I too, shall over-analyze.

Why are you talking about raising the child when the dude hasn't even HAD SEX YET? OR EVEN KISSED OR SHIT?

Kissing and sex budget was cut in light of the PG13 rating.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE, JAPAN!

Thou has answered thine own question.

And don't think I didn't see the huge fallos-shaped tower erupting in a release of white light after the marriage. You sick fucks!

If you take away the mind from the gutter - you'd realize it was a very sad moment akin to stepping into the Fallout 3 Control Chamber at the end MINUS the retardation of SOMEONE ELSE COULD'VE DONE IT. Except this time you're not going in alone. Leonhardt was willing to drop dead the moment he confirmed the Dark Knight is defeated. Yet it wasn't enough for Dyshana who hinted to him there was a clause in the contract. The descendants part wasn't optional.

So here's the deal:
You pick a wife, knowing you'd die - and then your son has to die the same way.. and so forth.
Are you doing the right thing?
Why are you putting the burden on your son and the woman you love?
That was a selfish moment for Leonhardt - yet the game didn't highlight it.
Choosing to just skip past it without a single farewell spoken. Nobody felt the tragedy - instead Ladius the next in-line said he can't wait to meet 'his destiny'

In the hands of a more capable writer, the tone of the game would've been more serious and each generation would've shown their growing disdain and desire to break the cycle instead of 'I wanna do it, just like my father did.'

The missed opportunity was the biggest letdown of Agarest.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The pacing is simply idiotical. And why is everyone so O.K. with it? Yeah, now you need to pick a woman to fuck and get a child real fast and like! Go bro!

Why not have some extra scenes to divide the whole thing, why not show the actual sealing and have sum drama on it?

AGHHHHHHH!

Someone half competent could do something interesting out of the whole thing.

I bet the whole light/darkness meter thingy has no effect in the future plot either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom