Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Agarest: Putting the PG in RPG

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
When will we bang someone

Shadenuat

Arcane
Thunder is a good choice, although some monsters can be only CC'd by wind (Sleep). Spell "Lightning" is awesome though, good damage and paralyze for ~3 squares I believe

I rolled with healing for both Ellis and Vira though, made for very relaxing gameplay

LundB

Mistakes were made.
That was pr much how I initially got the save. I've made some changes however.

For instance, I turned ViraLorr's intel ring into a +15 intel active skill, and gave her a luck one as a replacement, which resulted in overall significantly increased stats. Borgnine is designated damage absorber, so I filled him up with +Def actives, giving the ATK ones to Ladius. I've also gotten a few + Mag actives distributed among the mages. Since I had money and crafting materials to spare (and found one of the items in a chest), I'm experimenting with all of the 3 main mages having lightning gear (a fully enhanced rising rod is very effective). I brought in Yayoi as a main healer, but between ViraLorr's harvest heal (switched from a Stam Gain I never used) and Ellis' standard heal, I have plenty of backup healers if they're required. One side effect is that Zerva can now do the Muspell combo by himself, but I find it's generally better to have him do it with ViraLorr, as that means I can get in two (plus two normal lightnings from Vira) on the 2nd turn if I standby during first. So far it's been a pretty workable config, my only concern is running up against Mag-resistant mobs.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Can't name that many thunder resistant enemies, and I don't believe there even are magic immune ones. There are enemies who will just absorb and heal some elements, but they are easy to get - spark knights, thunder elementals, maybe a dragon or two in Gen 5. And you can always fall back to impulse/atomic hole.

When will we bang someone
well....... never
Ecchi is all what you get. some bath scenes, drinking scenes. waifu in pretty dresses.

Shadenuat

Arcane
reject humanity

images

reject

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
High AP Mages

Sherufanir seems to be one of those 'hybrid' character. Much like what Fyuria was in Gen 1.
A high speed rogue, dagger-type that has C rating for STR, and B rating for MAG. That and very high LUK makes her prime candidate for stealing stuff off bosses.
01.jpg

Her willpower is also uniquely useful:
02.jpg

Keep her in a party and you might get the crafting stuff without relying on overkills all the time.
Unfortunately if you want to build her as a physical combo character, you'll have to craft her a better dagger, since the Lucky Dagger isn't a ATK-oriented weapon and her STR rating is very, very low.

03.jpg

Lucky dagger itself isn't a bad MAG-attack weapon with 1x
special.jpg
, 1x
light.jpg
, and 1x
extra.jpg
slots to play with. Fully upgraded, this dagger gives +7 AP bonus. This is why you won't see daggers come with higher ATK / MAG rating than Greatswords/Rods respectively. They trade a slight offense with higher AP.

04.jpg

If you look at her skill picks, it should be quite obvious. Give her all the Special staple skills like Steal, Trick Hit. However, without a high focus on ATK, you won't see much improvement in terms of damage output when executing Vanish Trick combos. Instead, her damage should come from Earth Needle and Impulse, both are MAG-based attacks.

Her formation spread is pretty tight and easy to link up.

05.jpg

Her initiative is also the highest in combat.

06.jpg

But her damage output is average.

07.jpg

One option to get more from her AP spending is to craft an Ice Dagger (MAG-focused).

08.jpg

Trade 100 TP points from the Adventurer's Guild.

09.jpg

Craft it, and enhance it.

10.jpg

The cost is rather steep (2192 EP) but the increased performance is noticeable. +2 AP more, and around 100 MAG. Moreover, three Ice Slots.

11.jpg

My pick for those three slots would be Ice Needles x02 with Refresh x01. Refresh cures ailments, and can be quite useful when someone within formation is paralyzed or blinded. Cure grass has the same effect but item usage does not enjoy the benefits of range extension.

Hence, this is what she can fire off now at turn 1.
12.jpg

Double Needle combos, 1x self comboed, the other from Vira Lorr (she has one Earth slot)

13.jpg

By the way it is a +1 range AOE, much like Holy Ascension combo (Ascension + Black Mist)

14.jpg

With a VIT decrease effect. Enjoy!

RK47

Patron
No don't do that, it's not canon ffs!

RK47

Patron
....apparently elves take 50 years to be legal. :(

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
What happens if no girl likes the protagonist at the end of a generation? Does the game choose someone at random?

RK47

Patron
I believe final values resulting from possible relationship shifts have been taken into account by the devs to ensure that possibility is impossible to achieve.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
We are the donkey and Ellis is the dangling carrot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom