Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence August Update

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
They should put it up on Steam Greenlight for extra exposure, before the feature is killed.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93102452

The Codex support will be much appreciated.

I have registered to Steam, but it says that my account does not hold sufficient privileges. Do you know what I have to do to get a chance to vote?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They should put it up on Steam Greenlight for extra exposure, before the feature is killed.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93102452

The Codex support will be much appreciated.

I have registered to Steam, but it says that my account does not hold sufficient privileges. Do you know what I have to do to get a chance to vote?

You need to buy a game. That's how they prevent voting from dummy accounts.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's kind of unintuitive to implement this with a percentage. This thing is supposed to point the Steam team towards games they should investigate for inclusion on Steam, right? Why not look at the game that has received the most votes? (as long as it passes a certain threshold, of course)

Or maybe that's what they're doing and the threshold is just really high.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/about/?appid=765&section=faq

How many votes does a game need to get selected?

It's going to change during the first few days/weeks since we don't know what kind of traffic to expect. Part of the drive for this system is the need for customers to help us prioritize which games they want to see made available on Steam. So the specific number of votes doesn't matter as much as relative interest in a game compared with other games in Steam Greenlight.
We're going to be reaching out to developers as we see their games getting traction regardless of whether they have achieved a specific number of votes or are sitting 1st or 2nd place at any given time. We are most interested in finding the games that people want, not requiring them to always hit a specific number of votes.

Makes sense I guess. But how about just showing the amount of votes instead of a percentage that doesn't mean anything?

zeitgeist

Magister
Will the player's replies be shown in the upper left box too so you can scroll up/down to see how the dialogue played out?

Stinger

Arcane
Voted and recommended the game on some other sites, I hope this gives AoD more exposure.

The new updates seem pretty swish too.

EG

Nullified
0% Calculated ratings so far
How many votes are required exactly?

project Zomboid has over 12k favorites (And I'm guessing more people vote than favorite) and only 9% approval so I'd guess I takes a LOT of votes.

And with less than 20,000 units sold, I'm rather curious when the voting will stop for PZ.

I'll gladly vote for AoD when it's Fallout, though. ;)

kaizoku

Arcane

project Zomboid has over 12k favorites (And I'm guessing more people vote than favorite) and only 9% approval so I'd guess I takes a LOT of votes.

And with less than 20,000 units sold, I'm rather curious when the voting will stop for PZ.

where did PZ sold 20k units?

EG

Nullified

where did PZ sold 20k units?

http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9142&p=127714&hilit=between#p127714

Admittedly, I shouldn't have treated it as accurate.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/about/?appid=765&section=faq

How many votes does a game need to get selected?

It's going to change during the first few days/weeks since we don't know what kind of traffic to expect. Part of the drive for this system is the need for customers to help us prioritize which games they want to see made available on Steam. So the specific number of votes doesn't matter as much as relative interest in a game compared with other games in Steam Greenlight.
We're going to be reaching out to developers as we see their games getting traction regardless of whether they have achieved a specific number of votes or are sitting 1st or 2nd place at any given time. We are most interested in finding the games that people want, not requiring them to always hit a specific number of votes.

Makes sense I guess. But how about just showing the amount of votes instead of a percentage that doesn't mean anything?

I believe the percentage shows how many votes did a game get out of the total number of votes - so 9% is really high, among thousand entries it got every eleventh vote!

kaizoku

Arcane
> the percentage shows how many votes did a game get out of the total number of votes
> how many votes did a game get out of the total number of votes
> votes from votes
wtf
steam, fuck those losers

Code:
6,908	Unique Visitors
1%	Calculated ratings so far 
643	Current Favorites
so the first one is for the number of steam users who visited the page
the 2nd... wtf is that?
the last one for people who voted on the game to be available on steam?

EG

Nullified
> the percentage shows how many votes did a game get out of the total number of votes
> how many votes did a game get out of the total number of votes
> votes from votes
wtf
steam, fuck those losers

Code:
6,908 Unique Visitors
1% Calculated ratings so far
643 Current Favorites
so the first one is for the number of steam users who visited the page
the 2nd... wtf is that?
the last one for people who voted on the game to be available on steam?

No, thumbs up are separate from favorites.

It's all a bit weird.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I've never bought a game on steam but got gifted two games there, would I still be able to upvote VDs game?

MCA
It took them only one and a half years of public testing to get one dialogue screen -almost- right. This is what The Brazilian Slaughter would call progress. Now put the NPC lines at the bottom within its frame so that it's more like in IE games for better readability.

EG

Nullified
"The problem is that our dialogue structure is not prepared for that kind of formatting (a single, continuous stream of NPC text and PC answers)."

. . . What?​

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
That's an old post FYI

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom