Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Zer0wing

Cipher
Oh yeah, before I forget, I found another retarded encounter. That noblewoman in the first town, when I tried to scam her she required high impersonation and streetwise combos, which I've passed, but then came a hobo dick etiquette wall. Like, who will ever make such a character? That skill combo will only ever be useful for this one encounter.
Objection, these are the skills for praetor and p. useful for praetor playthrough, nobility only accepts etiquette language.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I recently started another playthrough due to all the talk here, and managed to swipe everything off the noblewoman with 1 in etiquette. Failure led to a different check that still got me some goods. Possibly due to higher INT or CHA than your character.
(I am a bit annoyed that my 4 STR 9 DEX thief can climb the wall of the palace with help from a rope, but not climb this tiny house even with help from the rope, but not super mad since I managed the talking option instead even with no etiquette)

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
What a great game.
Thanks, glad you liked it.

I have even higher hopes for Colony Ship now. AoD is the best Falloutish game since Fallout 2 that I've played.

Yup as a pure assassin you cannot kill him... or at least I never managed to find a way but it was a good ending at least
A Codex assassin killed him in 2 turns, iirc. Assassin/alchemist. Poisoned dagger, berserk potion, neurostimulant. All high end stuff, level 8 or higher.

Is there a video of it? Did he use anything else, such as weakening the God etc?
I hope it's not one of those re-load 50 times until 2% something proccs 16 times in a row in order to dodge/do damage.

From my experience, with 9 in daggers, my hits are getting blocked 9 out of 10. I've reloaded about 5 or 6 times to see different outcomes, best I could achieve is 1 hit disarm, other 4 or 5 swings were blocked. On his turn, he still did psych damage but I managed to dodge/withstand spikes. Next round, he blocked it all and killed me. Mind you, this is without berserker potion which applies THC penalty.
Also, poison didn't take at all, is it because it's lvl 7 alchemy?

Is 10 in daggers that much of a difference maker?

In either case, if lvl 10 daggers and alchemy are required, it would mean missing out on even more content locked behind streetwise/impersonation. I guess Stealth is the 5th wheel, I regret sinking points there.

Parabalus

Arcane
What a great game.
Thanks, glad you liked it.

I have even higher hopes for Colony Ship now. AoD is the best Falloutish game since Fallout 2 that I've played.

Yup as a pure assassin you cannot kill him... or at least I never managed to find a way but it was a good ending at least
A Codex assassin killed him in 2 turns, iirc. Assassin/alchemist. Poisoned dagger, berserk potion, neurostimulant. All high end stuff, level 8 or higher.

Is there a video of it? Did he use anything else, such as weakening the God etc?
I hope it's not one of those re-load 50 times until 2% something proccs 16 times in a row in order to dodge/do damage.

From my experience, with 9 in daggers, my hits are getting blocked 9 out of 10. I've reloaded about 5 or 6 times to see different outcomes, best I could achieve is 1 hit disarm, other 4 or 5 swings were blocked. On his turn, he still did psych damage but I managed to dodge/withstand spikes. Next round, he blocked it all and killed me. Mind you, this is without berserker potion which applies THC penalty.
Also, poison didn't take at all, is it because it's lvl 7 alchemy?

In either case, if lvl 10 daggers and alchemy are required, it would mean missing out on even more content locked behind streetwise/impersonation. I guess Stealth is the 5th wheel, I regret sinking points there.

You can (very unintuitively) bola him and make your THC 100%. PlanHex mentions it above.

I killed him in one round with a dagger assassin (10 crafting), but not sure if it was on the latest patch.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
We aim to do much better, so hopefully you won't be disappointed.

Here's Eyestabber killing Agathoth fairly quickly without weakening him first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9oCOPtF8VM
^ go to the very end, that's his entire iroman playthrough.

Here's Eyestabber killing him in a single turn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69_SsAfN7c4

Every point makes a difference.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
You can (very unintuitively) bola him and make your THC 100%. PlanHex mentions it above.

I killed him in one round with a dagger assassin (10 crafting), but not sure if it was on the latest patch.

I think crafting plays a significant role here. I have a blue steel dagger looted off of enemy. Which was sufficient for any other enemy in game.

We aim to do much better, so hopefully you won't be disappointed.

Here's Eyestabber killing Agathoth fairly quickly without weakening him first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9oCOPtF8VM
^ go to the very end, that's his entire iroman playthrough.

Here's Eyestabber killing him in a single turn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69_SsAfN7c4

Every point makes a difference.

Judging by that last video, his character is tailor made with knowledge of several play throughs, designed to get most out of the game by hair's breath requirements. And fair enough. I'm just greedy for a first timer.

mushaden

Scholar
https://youtu.be/4KBTRnLZNx0

self plug (sorry for vid quality). but you are right, it's knowledge of more than several play throughs. If you're really obsessed like I was make sure you're playing on steam for the achievements.

By the way,

1) what does the canister contain (the one you use to weaken agatoth)?

2) For the god ending, do you think that you are going to discover, as a god, Agatoth? And if the answer is positive, what would be the relationship between him and us?

3) Is 1.6.0.117 the final version of AOD?

4) How do I make the camera go far from my character or go near him?

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Developer
By the way,

1) what does the canister contain (the one you use to weaken agatoth)?
From the game (lore check):

You have stumbled upon a sort of lab, a medical facility set up to treat the 'gods' injured during the war. Poring over the extensive records, you find details on types of wounds, new procedures, and reactions to various treatments. It seems the gods were quite busy during the war.

The ancient healers used used a certain compound to keep their subjects sedated during complex operations, such as when replacing ruptured organs.​

2) For the god ending, do you think that you are going to discover, as a god, Agatoth? And if the answer is positive, what would be the relationship between him and us?
:there can be only one:

3) Is 1.6.0.117 the final version of AOD?
Yes.

4) How do I make the camera go far from my character or go near him?
I think it was locked in the release version.

Absinthe

Arcane
Judging by that last video, his character is tailor made with knowledge of several play throughs, designed to get most out of the game by hair's breath requirements. And fair enough. I'm just greedy for a first timer.
No, you can one-round an unweakened Agathoth with daggers. Use 10 daggers, 10 block, 10 crafting, 10 alchemy, 10 swords (for the synergy bonus to dagger THC - you don't actually need to max this), and the full power armor with 10 str, 10 dex, and 10 perception (start 8-10-4-10-4-4, use the better healing machine 2x on str). Use whetstone on daggers pre-combat. Set Power Armor to Ra mode (12 str, 12 dex). Use Eagle Eye Neurostim with Berserker Potion. Then blow him up with 3 flurries. Your daggers will do ludicrous amounts of damage, no crit needed.

Last edited:

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Just finished loremaster / Commercium run last night. Gotta say, it was kinda like what Numanuma should've been. Exploring all the ruins and activating all the gadgets was a treat. And the skill points are flowing like wine.

Honestly, the amount of C&C is staggering, and contingency cascades are probably unrivaled among cRPGs. :salute:

vota DC

Augur
Anybody managed to make Carrinas emperor? I killed opposing lords but Carrinas went Joker mode and killed his own puppet to let Teron being invaded. For killing Paulus I always need to let Gaelius won?

Deleted Member 22431

Oh yeah, before I forget, I found another retarded encounter. That noblewoman in the first town, when I tried to scam her she required high impersonation and streetwise combos, which I've passed, but then came a hobo dick etiquette wall. Like, who will ever make such a character? That skill combo will only ever be useful for this one encounter.
You can come back later and sneak in her house, but I don't remember what is the combination.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Who is the guy looking for Divine Spear? I can't seem to find enough information about him. Is he really just a loremaster from lands east, or like, a descendant of Magi who knows the history?

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
he knows some real lore shit

he's the least explainted and justified character in the game tbh

he basically exists for one very niche quest involving ancient artifacts that gives you arguably the best ending in the game but how the fuck he knows the thing he knows is like all over the place

maybe I'm just stupid and didnt get like some subtext hints tho

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
No, you can one-round an unweakened Agathoth with daggers. Use 10 daggers, 10 block, 10 crafting, 10 alchemy, 10 swords (for the synergy bonus to dagger THC - you don't actually need to max this), and the full power armor with 10 str, 10 dex, and 10 perception (start 8-10-4-10-4-4, use the better healing machine 2x on str). Use whetstone on daggers pre-combat. Set Power Armor to Ra mode (12 str, 12 dex). Use Eagle Eye Neurostim with Berserker Potion. Then blow him up with 3 flurries. Your daggers will do ludicrous amounts of damage, no crit needed.
using power armor is cheating

Vault Dweller

Developer
he knows some real lore shit

he's the least explainted and justified character in the game tbh

he basically exists for one very niche quest involving ancient artifacts that gives you arguably the best ending in the game but how the fuck he knows the thing he knows is like all over the place
He exists for 3 reasons: first, to give you the amulet so that non-combat characters can get through Hellgate, second, to show that you aren't the only person exploring old ruins (same reason why there's a prospect outside the library), and third, to do the surgery. By the time you meet him, you know a lot more than he does (especially if your character can do the ritual with Meru), so he isn't some wise man appearing out of nowhere to guide you, but a man who's doing the same thing you do and has a similar knowledge and skillset.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
The only thing about him that leaves me like ??? is his justification for knowing the like specifics of the warding ritual.

Vault Dweller

Developer
The only thing about him that leaves me like ??? is his justification for knowing the like specifics of the warding ritual.
Same way you know how to activate the smelter, how to fly the ship, or how to perform the ritual - 'mantras' that were passed down the generations and memorized without understanding.

Black Angel

Arcane
So I got 2 Praetor walkthrough I just finished. One had 7 CHA, the other 4 CHA. The former let Gaelius dies, left Maadoran in chaos, and then blow up Al-Akia. Meanwhile, the latter killed Gaelius's assassin, thus letting him live, and then went to Al-Akia with Meru, then kill him after the ritual.

The former had 25 final reputation with House Daratan, while the latter had measly 6. And yet, both got the exact same faction ending, where Antidas is disappointed and then send the char chasing fisherman's tale. Why is that? Is it that the one with high reputation isn't high enough, or the one with low reputation isn't low enough to get different ending?

Unwanted

†††

Patron
So I got 2 Praetor walkthrough I just finished. One had 7 CHA, the other 4 CHA. The former let Gaelius dies, left Maadoran in chaos, and then blow up Al-Akia. Meanwhile, the latter killed Gaelius's assassin, thus letting him live, and then went to Al-Akia with Meru, then kill him after the ritual.

The former had 25 final reputation with House Daratan, while the latter had measly 6. And yet, both got the exact same faction ending, where Antidas is disappointed and then send the char chasing fisherman's tale. Why is that? Is it that the one with high reputation isn't high enough, or the one with low reputation isn't low enough to get different ending?
charisma affects reputation. low charisma will get you bad/meh endings overall

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom