Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Better mastering a weapon familly that goes with your best stat (Str, Dex or Per).
Passive value bonus is a passive effect such as bleeding, crippling, interrupt or more critical strike chances.
Weapon hardness is the factor to damage ennemy armor, so the higher the better.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
I'm trying the game as an assassin and currently wondering about the weapons I want to use. Can anybody tell me what "passive value bonus" is ? And when does "weapon hardness" come into play ?

I've already played the game once (though I didn't reach the end), but it was as a diplomatic Praetor, so I pretty much never got to fight.
you need at least 1 short dagger for dialogue CS checks, and dagger works well for assassins

each weapon skill has an attached passive, read the descriptions - passive chance bonus modifier on individual weapons increases the chance that the passive will trigger or similar (in case of daggers, +10% passive chance bonus means the weapon gets an additional 10% chance to crit on aimed attacks)

weapon hardness is compared to armor hardness when checking for armor damage - which is incidentally, one reason why getting a sky metal imperial armor like shown in screenshots above is not necessarily the end - since random fucks even with bronze hammers are almost guaranteed to dent your armor (due to the loathed hammer passive) and you'll need to keep some material in reserve for repairs (or pay blacksmiths to repair it)

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Just beat the game with no dodge or block. Bowmen are beyond annoying with cripple, and rangers in general since its guaranteed damage. Im surprised how much fun and challenging this was, had to reload a lot of some fights and finished others with 1-2 hp. The thieves ambush was a horrible nightmare, didnt even know popping bassar tanks your rep. Two crits and an attack of opportunity kills the big boss in one turn

Dude, you are... WTF! Impressive.

shizmoo

Literate
Are there specific requirements for chosen one ending? From what i gathered Meru has to control Ganezzar in the end and you will have to convince 4 people to vote for you. Can I screw over Feng for example, and do I need a certain stat level besides 9 charisma?

Im also trying to accomplish this with thief background and guild

shizmoo

Literate
For anyone wondering. My thief was 4/4/4/8/10/10. Unfortunately there is no way to have 0 bodycount and get the chosen one ending through this route. You have to kill 1 guy when siding with faelan which is the only way Meru lives. Help or kill Lord Darganus(help involves combat) and screwing over feng does make it harder but I think you still need the same amount of votes at the end if he wasnt there to vote against. I also got extremely lucky that Teron "resets" when you return to it getting the last SP i needed stealing at the inn(i would say this is a bug but had no choice to use) to pass the final high skill checks of Persuasion 9, Streetwise 8, and Trading 8. I was at 9/8/6 because I got 10 lockpick to get the jar for Levir that is a dex/lockpick check for noncombat.

Truly an amazing game ill recommend often to others, ive played through countless times now and finally done with it.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
For assassin I had a very successful game back in the day as a pure dodge-hammer-critical strike-crafting max-dex top-strength DUMB motherfucker.

I'm talking 4 INT here. Also invested SPs in alchemy for stimulants and bombs, and of course stealth and lockpicking (pays for itself with the inns).

Sided with Varro and served Meru, killed every motherfucker including the Imperial Guards ambush (excellent addition).

Hammers are truly underrated, they hit HARD and the lovely spiked club is low AP. For reference:

tHB9Eox.jpg

Jason Liang

Arcane
Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Where's the video Jason?
You can checkout my Duel Links videos!
Not because Duel Links is better than AoD (although it is), but because Google Play has video recording built in.
To be honest, I have no plans to ever reinstall AoD.
Have you seen this guy playing Invisible Inc without hacking cameras? That's some ballsy shit!

'

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Axes people. The best weapon.
I beat the game, killing everyone, with zero combat skills and a hammer. You can't do that with axes.
I'm guessing you can't do that with a hammer either.
Not just a hammer, but it's one of the key weapons.
The best weapon is actually hand xbow
Dodge and Critical Strike are combat skills. Did you think I wasn't going to click your link?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Axes people. The best weapon.
I beat the game, killing everyone, with zero combat skills and a hammer. You can't do that with axes.
I'm guessing you can't do that with a hammer either.
Not just a hammer, but it's one of the key weapons.
The best weapon is actually hand xbow
Dodge and Critical Strike are combat skills. Did you think I wasn't going to click your link?
Sure, but I did it without dodge, and critical strike was for Assassin checks. It doesn't really matter strategically.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I saw pic with some I think whirlwind strike with some named club in AoD - in conjunction with power armor, it eliminated 3 thugs in 1 that whirlwind (I think it was last figth in power armor quest).

shizmoo

Literate
Heres the video:

Any idea what agathot's critical strike rating is? Even with 120 defense he crits almost every hit

TheSoul

Scholar
Is there a list somewhere for all the skill checks in the game? Curious mainly about things gated by honor/prestige and what you can do as a talking praetor/imperial guard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom