Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Mythology: Retold

Risewild

Arbiter
Let me post on this thread just to say that I now know why they made such horrible deity portraits, it's so they can sell the classic portraits with their premium edition:

IfsQdw4.jpeg

Notice the middle row: "Legacy Deity Portraits Pack"...

And it says this is on their Steam page:
Legacy Deity Portrait Pack: a nostalgic journey back to the origins of gaming greatness.  Relive the glory days of gaming with this special pack, which offers players the option to use iconic deity portraits from the classic game that captivated audiences worldwide.  

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Just picked it up. AoM is my second favourite of the AoE series behind AoE2. Probably won't play it too much but my RL friends from school will ride the first wave which will be good for some chill games. Might play a bit of ranked, dunno.

Probably going to need to upgrade my graphics card though, still running a GTX 1060 which is fine for AoE2 but I doubt it will be for this.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Just picked it up. AoM is my second favourite of the AoE series behind AoE2. Probably won't play it too much but my RL friends from school will ride the first wave which will be good for some chill games. Might play a bit of ranked, dunno.

Probably going to need to upgrade my graphics card though, still running a GTX 1060 which is fine for AoE2 but I doubt it will be for this.
This should absolutely run on a GTX 1060.

Greeks have a problem against myth units due to their very limited access to heroes (only the 4 named ones you get from the TC), so Atlanteans spamming automata is an issue.
Yeah this is a classic greek problem. Atlanteans and Norse have little issues in that regard, and Egyptians can just spam priests.
Would 2 heroes per era be unbalanced for Greeks? I mean, what's 2 heroes when the Atlanteans can literally turn their entire armies into heroes?

PlayerEmers

Educated
looks like they made some changes to god portraits, but it still looks like AI slop
also they made some changes to the campaign like arkantos voice, portraits and other stuff

not sure what changed to multiplayer balance, need to check it out later

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
Were siege units always that deadly? A few shots and they fuck up my walls. I think they changed the behaviour of bears they don't attack my villagers anymore. The AI portraits are so generic like they are from a Chinese gacha game.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

This should absolutely run on a GTX 1060.

Yes, I've got the settings on High and it's running at 110-120FPS, seems smooth in fights in 1v1 at least. Ranked benchmark score was in the green maybe 3/4 of the way to the top.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom