Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alien: Isolation

SumDrunkGuy

Ezekiel you should try White Day after you finish this. It's the best game of this ilk. Even Alien: Isolation doesn't compare and I mostly loved Alien: Isolation.

Venser

Erudite
Nice Aliens in VR but don't get too optimistic cause Survios last game was Walking Dead Onslaught and it was really bad.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

A New AAA ALIEN Game is in Development

alien-aaa-game.jpg

Sources, who have provided documents and information under the condition of anonymity have shown that a new AAA Alien game is in development with a tentative holiday 2023 release.

UPDATE – Sources have said that Grasshopper Manufacturer will be developing the project.

It’s understood that the Alien title, currently believed to be under the codename “Marathon” is currently being developed for current-generation consoles with a AAA budget. Unfortunately, Insider Gaming wasn’t able to verify the developer behind the project but learned that the game is slated to be a survival horror that will take inspiration from franchises including Dead Space and Resident Evil.

The same source, who provided the documentation and concept art of the Alien title has also said that an Alien: Isolation sequel is either in development or is currently being pitched. The developer behind the game wasn’t given, but presumably, Creative Assembly could be working on the project. For now, Insider Gaming would like to report this title heavily under the RUMOR category until more corroboration or reports are provided.

Insider Gaming tried to contact Creative Assembly for comment, but those contacted were unresponsive before the publication of this report.

Grasshopper? I'm an open-minded man.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Ripley's gonna slash aliens with a chainsaw, while wearing a cheerleader outfit and carrying Hicks' head strapped to her belt.

Codex Year of the Donut
the game is heavily inspired by the first Alien movie.

That's rich.

you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."

Why is everybody ignoring this? The game will automatically be shit because of that. At best they'll maybe pull a half-assed F.E.A.R.

SEGA and CA :rage:

Hope it flops hard.

you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."

Why is everybody ignoring this? The game will automatically be shit because of that. At best they'll maybe pull a half-assed F.E.A.R.
You dumbshit. This is preferable to shooting hordes of Aliens. We don't need another Randy Pitchfraud rape attempt at the Alien franchise.

You cocksucker. Devs churn out pure pestilent diarrhea and morons like you suck on it like leeches. That's why everything is shit.

Of course A:CM was garbage but haven't you played the original AvP you twat?

I'm intrigued by the fact that they haven't put a sweaty FUCK YEAH Space Marine with a big fat gun onto the promo art. This reeks of potential.

Cautiously Day 1 contemplating.

Don't worry. She's still going to kill 1387 dudes with no problem.

images

Promised a Bioshock/Dishonored combo with Alien flavor, will be served a Colonial Marines/Tomb Raider crossover instead.

3/10 will not buy.

Alien colonial marines Promotional images also looked "good"
aliens-colonial-marines-screenshot-2.jpg

aliens-colonial-marines-img594173.jpg

This game was soo hyped back in those years. Tactical squad survivor horror they call it! S.W.A.T 3 or 4 with aliens!. Instead we got a shitty COD clone that suck so much dicks that put kotaku to shame.

just let the franchise die already, like others have done.

Its going to be a steaming pile of shit.

The games wont ever touch Alien vs Predator imo

Several problems with this:
1. The titular aliens have been so overused in a variety of awful movies and spin-offs that they're no longer scary.
2. It's very difficult to infuse gameplay with actual horror (and no, a jump scare is not a horror).
3. It's aimed at the masses, so it will most likely be disappointing.

And it's officially disappointing.

It's Amnesia in space. Yawn. I'm all for coming up with different approaches, but this isn't breaking any new ground whatsoever.

What bugs me even more is that not only is Amanda Ripley put aboard a space station that's IDENTICAL to the Nostromo, she's also made to be as similar in apperance as her mother, right down to the brand of wristwatch.

It's just pathetic.

Looks boring as shit.

It's Amnesia in space (...)
No, it looks like an 'immersive cinematographic experience'.

No, it sounds like they're doing it wrong.
did you guys end up hating the game?

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
It was on my to-play list for a long while and the Mandalore vid gave me the final push. Holy shit, is this great. I managed to get myself killed right after the first encounter with the Xenomorph, as per Mandalore's instructions. I think the artistry of this game will be lost on zoomers who never watched the original film, but the way they build the tension will affect anybody and if you put this thing in VR, it will kill people with weak hearts 100%.

Spukrian

Savant
I finished this a couple of weeks ago. I had pretty high expectations going in and I was not disappointed.

This game is the type of horror I prefer. It's unpredictable, anything could happen. Alien: Isolation seems like the natural progression of games like the Penumbra trilogy. The game presents situations and obstacles, gives you tools to deal with them but how you choose actually go about it is up to you entirely!

Except if you play on Nightmare, which I did. I didn't have much choice, instead having to make do with whatever I had, often just making it through by the skin of my teeth, nice! Medkits are absolutley useless on Nightmare. There were indeed a few frustrating sections where I had to use everything I got and if I missed even ONE shot I would die. Also I like exploring and backtracking, but on Nightmare this is just a waste of time and resources. There are apparently pipebombs in the game but I never found any schematic for it. With that said, playing it on Nightmare was overall a good experience, but when I replay it I will go for an easier difficulty.

A few funny events:
*I was hiding under a table waiting for the alien to go away. After hearing it go up a vent, I walked up to the door and started welding it open, feeling very tense. As I was almost done I hear the alien dropping and thought "oh shit, it's behind me", tension increasing. I got the door open and of course the alien was standing right behind it.
*There were a few times the alien would drop out of the vent right in front of me. One time the alien dropped out of a vent right as I was passing under it, landing on my head (made me laugh).
*There was this level where as soon as it loaded the alien would drop out of a vent in the same room as the elevator. Going back down, then back up again didn't help, it would just drop down again. So I had to hide in the elevator for several minutes and hope that it wouldn't see me as it walked around the room in circles.

In conclusion: a great game, I'll definitely replay it sometime. I would love to see more games like this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom