Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Alphaturd might get patched

Blackadder said:
I can picture it now. The Roman senate sits in session to discuss the old, vs the new. Cicero (insert great Codex defender of the lulz) stands to applause from those present, and give breath to that most despicable, witless pleb, Ventilator...

Illustration-of-Cicero-Ad-001.jpg

"When, O Ventilator, do you mean to cease abusing our meme's? How long is that madness of yours still to mock us? When is there to be an end of that unbridled audacity of yours, swaggering about as it does now?

Do not the Morons spilling over from General Discussion—do not the Brotololers posted throughout the site—does not the alarm of the Dumbfucks, and the union of all good Third Worlders—does not the precaution taken of assembling the Fanboys in this most defensible place—do not the looks and utterances of Ass Effect, of this Immature body here present, have any effect upon you?

Do you not feel that your butthurt is detected? Do you not see that your conspiracy is already arrested and rendered powerless by the witticism which every one here possesses but you? What is there that you posted last night, what the night before— where is it that you posted from—what title was there which was adopted by you, with which you think that any one of us will believe to be a pun? "

I think I love you.

Melcar said:
Your time is up Rome. The horde comes for your virgin trannies and your gold treasures.

I know I love you.

Silellak

Cipher
Blackadder said:
Silellak said:
Oh Codex. Where else could I get accused of being a fanboy for a game I've never even played?

:love:

Okay, probably quite a few places, but still. Don't ruin the moment.

Well, I hope you are a fanboy. At least I would prefer being lumped into that category. The alternative is that you find 'alpha brotolol' so much more appealing and witty than 'Alphaturd', and feel it is important enough to warrant entering the ring and having a crack at a title of a thread, when so many pathetic memes and names are bandied about in overkill mode as it is.

I can picture it now. The Roman senate sits in session to discuss the old, vs the new. Cicero (insert great Codex defender of the lulz) stands to applause from those present, and give breath to that most despicable, witless pleb, Ventilator...

Illustration-of-Cicero-Ad-001.jpg

"When, O Ventilator, do you mean to cease abusing our meme's? How long is that madness of yours still to mock us? When is there to be an end of that unbridled audacity of yours, swaggering about as it does now?

Do not the Morons spilling over from General Discussion—do not the Brotololers posted throughout the site—does not the alarm of the Dumbfucks, and the union of all good Third Worlders—does not the precaution taken of assembling the Fanboys in this most defensible place—do not the looks and utterances of Ass Effect, of this Immature body here present, have any effect upon you?

Do you not feel that your butthurt is detected? Do you not see that your conspiracy is already arrested and rendered powerless by the witticism which every one here possesses but you? What is there that you posted last night, what the night before— where is it that you posted from—what title was there which was adopted by you, with which you think that any one of us will believe to be a pun? "
:D
:incline:
:love:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Azrael the cat said:
In fairness, there has also been a less vocal, but consistent, minority who have been criticising the 'let's call a game a lame pun' kind of 'critical commentary' for a long time now. Not all Codexers lolled along when people were going around saying 'Ass Effect' and 'Faggout 3' as though they'd just discovered swearing and were giggling at all the naughty words they could use. There was a small but everpresent group that disagreed with much of the Vault Dwellerism, even with games that they disliked - the point being that at one time the Codex was somewhere you could expect intelligent criticism of crpgs and reasoned arguments of a quality that would attract several industry folk of the profile of Gaider et al. I think the word 'decline' might have been used a few times as well.
Fixed
And here I'm admitting to being a newfag since it's entirely possible (and probable) that newsposts had a satiric, mean-spirited tilt to them before VD became a newsposter.
And I remember at least two other newsposts where there was some backlash in the comments because some people here thought the codex was some kind of prestigious carebear magazine like RPGWatchTESF and didn't indulge in such "juvenile" activities.
As long as the majority of jabs bring the slightest hint of a smile to my face I can live with a few that don't.
I'd write some more but than it'd appear as if I really cared and I don't want to look quite as douchy as some people who write walls of text and then claim not to care...Damn butthurt Obsidian fanboys.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Blackadder said:
Honestly, the comments about 'Alphaturd'...pathetic. Skyway does have a point: People who have not batted an eyelid with other trash games, from other trash developers, ARE suddenly becoming VERY upset over a word, in a title, on the Codex. You can shake. You can shuffle. But that is the only difference here that makes any sense.
So, if the majority in this thread have been incensed by the 'turd' part, then get over it. Just get over it. The hypocrisy is astounding. Redux of 'A black guy got angry over being called a Nigger!!! WHAT A WHINER!!'.
Wait to miss the point. It's not about trashing the game. It's about the manner in which it was done. Oblivion was kicked around for years, but the title was never changed into "Obvious Shit" in newsposts (as some people called the game on the forums).

dr. one

Augur
i enjoyed the game for its narrative concepts, consequences spanning across various game systems, relatively fresh setting and mostly well conceived characters and didn´t really mind several gameplay shortcomings that much, so Alpha Proto-cool here.

patch is long overdue by now, they should´ve addressed some performance and savegame problems much faster and i doubt there´s much that can be done for gameplay issues so it most probably won´t change anyone´s opinion on the game anyway.

interesting turd of events ITT, btw.

circ

Arcane
OH FUCK SO MUCH UNSPENT RAGE OVER A TITLE.

Let's just ignore the fact that Obsidian are in no hurry to even release the first patch for a buggy piece of shit.

Captain_Obvious

Scholar
The question is when is VoD going to release a patch for his failed topic post?
Who cares about what Obsidian will do with its buggy piece of shit? Was that the point? Dumbass.

Melcar

Arcane
You know how I know that you're a bunch of Obshitian fanboys? You derail a perfectly good thread that was going to be critical of Obshitian and focus on shiting on poor VoD instead.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
circ said:

Let's just ignore the fact that Obsidian are in no hurry to even release the first patch for a buggy piece of shit.

Feargus recently said in an interview that they wanted to do a patch right away but Sega had other plans in mind. Something about working on the patch over a longer time, which translates to "fuck off this game was a disappointment".

inb4 skyways usual publishers are not to blame rant.

Vault Dweller

Developer
circ said:

Let's be a naive dumbshit and pretend that a developer can do anything without the publisher's ok (request, in case of patches). The game is SEGA's property. Obsidian can't do anything with it without SEGA requesting it and specifying what needs to be done and when.

circ

Arcane
Let's be a naive dumbshit and forget Feargus lofty promises of an instant SLAM DUNK to publishers and then blaming the publishers again because oh shit YOU RAN OUT OF TIME NOT THE PUBLISHER!

Vault Dweller

Developer
Yeah, publishers should never be blamed. Not even when they say "we don't like all that serious shit, throw it out and make it funny" (reference to Mitsoda's departure and Obsidian starting from scratch).

AP was announced in March 2008 for Q4 2009 release. Plenty of time to make a quality RPG.

Azarkon

Arcane
AP was announced in March 2008, but it was probably in development for much longer. There was plenty of time to make AP into a polished release (though the graphics were probably unsalvageable - dated work is dated) - if the project had been focused and tightly run from start to finish without the lead fucking designer, of all people, leaving half-way through and most of his work being scrapped. This seems to be a common theme with Obsidian, since it also happened in NWN 2 with Ferret going to Bioware and Sawyer having to take over for him. But at least there they didn't scrap most of the work.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Vault Dweller said:
AP was announced in March 2008 for Q4 2009 release. Plenty of time to make a quality RPG.
One and a half year is enough to make a quality RPG. It seems that the folks at ITS missed the memo. :?

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
St. Toxic said:
To me it all makes perfect sense. A real Alphaturd is supposed to generate lots of butthurt. If it didn't, it obviously wouldn't be one.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2jfio84.jpg

EDIT: :thumbsup:
Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic
Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic Toxic

Shannow

Waster of Time
Clockwork Knight said:
VD is being sarcastic
Really? I thought he was trashing Obsidian because they whored themselves out to Sega. Man, you can really read posts so many different ways without [tags] ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom