Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

An Unfavourable Review of Oblivion

LlamaGod

Cipher
I wanna see these people who had a hard time finding Caius and the Puzzlebox try to play Ultima 4

franc kaos

Liturgist
Antiphon said:
I really love apathy. In real life, I’m trying to reach the next level of existence though apathy alone.

I'm trying to propogate thru' osmosis, but that apathy thing sounds great - if only I could be bothe... :wink:

Dongle said:
I just realized this; With the Xbox Live achievements thingie they'll have actual numbers this time around.

If there is the Oblivion equivalent of a Caius (Reynald Jemane?) and they set an achievement point for finding him, presumably Microsoft can provide them -actual- statistics on the number of players that find him. A dev can also see the relative popularity of, say, the guilds based on how many players sign up and then gauge how compelling/difficult they are based on how many stay on to become guild heads. I wonder, can the average Joe log in and see the total number of Oblivion players and what achievements have been achieved?

Wouldn't answer Override's question of -why- players aren't "finding" Caius, still would be interesting data to pour over.

And, of course, it would be Xbox data, and thus inherently flawed.
The Horror! TES 5: One main quest, two guilds, bows 'n swords, five skills, one city and only main characters who are quest related - BUT! they will have: Dual wielding, mounted combat and a yellow brick road that leads to your next assignment.

Oh yea, you won't be able to climb over knee high walls. Possibly.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The Horror! TES 5: One main quest, two guilds, guns, five skills, one city and only main characters who are quest related - BUT! they will have: laser guns, car driving minigame, and a yellow brick road that leads to your next assignment.
TES 5: Fallout

Excrément

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
The Horror! TES 5: One main quest, two guilds, guns, five skills, one city and only main characters who are quest related - BUT! they will have: laser guns, car driving minigame, and a yellow brick road that leads to your next assignment.
TES 5: Fallout

you forgot a "3"?

dongle

Scholar
franc kaos said:
Dongle said:
If there is the Oblivion equivalent of a Caius (Reynald Jemane?) and they set an achievement point for finding him, presumably Microsoft can provide them -actual- statistics on the number of players that find him. A dev can also see the relative popularity of, say, the guilds based on how many players sign up and then gauge how compelling/difficult they are based on how many stay on to become guild heads. I wonder, can the average Joe log in and see the total number of Oblivion players and what achievements have been achieved?
The Horror! TES 5: One main quest, two guilds, bows 'n swords, five skills, one city and only main characters who are quest related - BUT! they will have: Dual wielding, mounted combat and a yellow brick road that leads to your next assignment.
Heh.

Doesn't mean they -have- to cut everything unpopular tho. Well, Bethesda prolly would. I would think raw data like this could be very interesting for a game designer. . . .

Xi

Arcane
If they just expand on there Oblivion assets, keep the art, engine, AI, gaming systems. They could easily add more content and offer a better experience creating a new game/story.

They have the Graphics in a good place, all they'd have to do is add gobs of content.

Horse Combat, Spears, Crossbows, Throwing weapons, Climbing, Levetation, Short and long blade skills, Axe and blunt skill, Language skills, Huge dungeons, random generated content, more, etc.

Sounds good to me.

Thrawn05

Scholar
Excrément said:
Thrawn05 said:
DF was the last good ES game. I can't believe anyone would buy into MW and OB being better then DF.

that's because you are brainwashed by all the negative posters over here.

No. I found this site after seeing all the garbage Todd and his merry little men were releasing about OB. My opinion was not formed by this site, rather reinforced.

I am looking for the day when OB will be behind us and Codex can engage other games worthy of attention.

ring0_event

Novice
LlamaGod said:
I wanna see these people who had a hard time finding Caius and the Puzzlebox try to play Ultima 4

If they would have spawned in front of Britain, would they have found Lord British?

LlamaGod

Cipher
ring0_event said:
LlamaGod said:

If they would have spawned in front of Britain, would they have found Lord British?

It would be even more fun if they spawned at Skara Brae, there isn't too much there and seeing come to grips with moongates for the first time is fun, especially if it dumps them in Magincia as their first place.

LlamaGod

Cipher
The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Fallout

Explore the desert wastelands of Hammerfall as an evil wizard enslaves the nation with necromancy, ruining trade and turning people into mutated undead abominations.

You will take up the task to retrieve the magic glove and destroy the wizard and his evil tower in the middle of the land, as an ex-prisoner adventuer with a relation to a Chosen One, except your amensia seems to make you forget that.

The game features the latest Fancy-Pants(tm) Technology and 20% more Monty Python easter eggs than Fallout 2.

The game also tries to retain the Dark Humor of Fallout 2, such as having NPCs set rats on fire or hit them with a crowbar.

See old faces once again as all your favorite characters from Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel make solid comebacks and cameo appearances in your quest to kill the wizard.

Thrawn05

Scholar
LlamaGod said:
The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Fallout

Explore the desert wastelands of Hammerfall as an evil wizard enslaves the nation with necromancy, ruining trade and turning people into mutated undead abominations.

You will take up the task to retrieve the magic glove and destroy the wizard and his evil tower in the middle of the land, as an ex-prisoner adventuer with a relation to a Chosen One, except your amensia seems to make you forget that.

The game features the latest Fancy-Pants(tm) Technology and 20% more Monty Python easter eggs than Fallout 2.

The game also tries to retain the Dark Humor of Fallout 2, such as having NPCs set rats on fire or hit them with a crowbar.

See old faces once again as all your favorite characters from Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel make solid comebacks and cameo appearances in your quest to kill the wizard.

Deathclaws on Camels. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom