Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anno 117: Pax Romana - ancient Rome city builder from Ubisoft

Gerrard

Arcane
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/anno/117-pax-romana

Also, they will most likely announce a new game next year.
ANNO 900
Anno 117
:smug:

https://anno-union.com/announcing-anno-117-pax-romana/

Announcing Anno 117: Pax Romana!​

How often do you think about the Roman Empire? Because we… we’re doing it daily!

We’re proud and excited to announce a new chapter for the Anno franchise:

Anno 117: Pax Romana!​

Take on the role of a Roman governor in the year 117 AD and journey through the uncharted territories of the Roman Empire. Uncover the allure of Latium and Albion, the twin provinces under your stewardship as governor. Seize the opportunity to expand your influence and harness the unique advantages and challenges each province presents.

“We will not only deliver the fantasy millions of strategy players are waiting for: to govern one of the most iconic ancient empires, we will push beyond that, and change how people see the Roman Empire in games. Explore different provinces and embrace the local or Roman way. The cost of peace is yours to decide.” – Manuel Reinher, Creative Director

Your choices as a governor matter to your citizens! Will you encourage economic growth and trade or expand your rule through dominance and force? Lead with rebellion or unite a diverse culture? Choose wisely, your decisions will guide your people through the era of Pax Romana.

Anno 117: Pax Romana features a unique mix of traditional city building, a deep economical simulation and 4X features like diplomacy, military and a solid narrative layer. It follows the series’ tradition by merging the creation of huge metropolises with the setup of complex logistic networks and production chains, as well as the exploration of the world and the interaction with other characters and competitors.
Anno 117: Pax Romana is planned to release in 2025 on both PC as well as PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. You can wishlist it right here!

With that, we welcome Anno fans old and new to our journey! Follow along when we – over the coming months until release – will show and tell you more about Anno 117: Pax Romana: its world, its features and your role as a governor!
Ah, and one more thing: Did you notice all the easter eggs in the trailer?

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
lol.png

Gerrard

Arcane
Fuck, I didn't notice it's PC and consoles simultaneously. Why the fuck would they do this? They talked how many technical limitations they had when making the console version of 1800, and that's the reason why there's no DLC on console.
:negative:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Pretty cool, actually. This setting appeals to me much more than the 1800 one.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anno is the only franchise under Ubisoft that is consistently decent or even great.
When 1800 came out it was utter shit - barebones, basic bitch, with 70% of the content coming later in piles of paid DLCs.

Yes, today it's a very, very good game but a complete package will cost you 200 bucks outside price deals.

So yes, Ubisoft is capable of producing a great game but they'll fleece you naked for it.

PlayerEmers

Educated
Anno is the only franchise under Ubisoft that is consistently decent or even great.
When 1800 came out it was utter shit - barebones, basic bitch, with 70% of the content coming later in piles of paid DLCs.

Yes, today it's a very, very good game but a complete package will cost you 200 bucks outside price deals.

So yes, Ubisoft is capable of producing a great game but they'll fleece you naked for it.
I see... is just that I dont buy ubisoft games. I had to wait a while for a crack, didnt know it was so broken when it launched. :lol:

Gerrard

Arcane
There was an interview with the devs on Gamestar and they talk about it here, but it's only in German and youtube's auto translate is basically worthless.

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Aqueduct in the background is the "new" thing I see, the rest are standard Anno buildings and mechanics with roman skins.
Not that I would mind a good old Anno game with a roman skin.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
I like this idea of it being regional with choice between straight Roman or pre Roman. Never really got into Anno even though I like city builders...All the time periods wrong for me or something. I'm sure I played one that was set in the future with pollution and so on...Was that Anno? I'm too old for getting excited about this shit.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Aqueduct in the background is the "new" thing I see, the rest are standard Anno buildings and mechanics with roman skins.
Not that I would mind a good old Anno game with a roman skin.
aqueducts system already exists on other anno games, the african themed region on anno 1800 being the mostly recent example of their usaged. Only different that one it's high up. New thing it's the angled buildings/road as stated by bendu.

I like this idea of it being regional with choice between straight Roman or pre Roman. Never really got into Anno even though I like city builders...All the time periods wrong for me or something. I'm sure I played one that was set in the future with pollution and so on...Was that Anno? I'm too old for getting excited about this shit.
2070 the best anno.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom