Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

anybody know how to run Thief 3 on W7?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
i installed with no problem, put on the no DVD crack, and when i click the exe nothing happens. no loadscreen, nothin. i googled my cock off and found this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86683 wherein dudes were under some sort of Eidos oppression and can't say how to fix:

Let me clarify something. I can send you a PM or email telling you how I fixed it but I can't post in forum.

It is not uninstall/reinstall
It is not running as admin
It is not setting affinity (although you still may have to, mine is still set from trying the other non-solutions)
It is not disabling DEP

If you have DEP problem with TDS on Vista and if these don't work for you either, lemme know. I'll be happy to share with Vista gamers.

and i'm guessing it's the same problem with W7. anybody here know what the motherfuck so i don't have to sign up at this lamedick forum?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I haven't tried it yet on Win7 but I think that the latest patch removes the DVD check, making a crack redundant.

Or maybe my version comes with no protection at all.

spekkio

Arcane
Did you non-remove this shit:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3672095 ... dopeman%5D

TPB said:
If you are unable to get it to run (the exe does nothing, follow these directions. (These are not mine, this is a copy and paste of something on page 4)

THE RESOLUTION!! ---->
when i "followed" the instructions and clicked the "t3.exe" file nothing happenedm the same thing for u guys, but then i read another answer from another website from dopeman, something and i did like this:

Remove all the extractions from the theif zip folder, so that u only have the map exactly like u downloaded it and no other "thief" files.

When u have done that u place the whole thief folder u downloaded in C: not in programs or downloads, just in C: the folder that the "program folder" is in.

then u right-click on the thief zip file and press "Extract here" so there won't be a double folder for example when u open the thief folder u extracted, it comes up another thief folder in that and u must click it again to get the folder up with "system" "content" etc. so make sure u only have to click up ONE folder to get it all open

then u press setup and and choose the path.
If u followed my instructions the path should be "C:\Thief - Deadly Shadows".
So really make sure that if u open up "Thief - Deadly Shadows" in C: then the system and content and setup folders appears right away, and make sure u don't have to click another thief folder in that one.

so just install the game into the folder that the system and content folders is.

when u have installed it it should look like this when u open "C:\Thief - Deadly Shadows"

CONTENT -folder
System -folder
readme.rtf
setup.clg
Setup.exe
Uninst.exe
user.ini

If it's like that u have done the right thing.
Now u press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get the task manager up, then press "Processes" and close all the "t3" processes there such as; t3.exe T3Main and also Ion Launcher.exe

When u have done that ur ready to go, just press the "t3.exe" file in SYSTEM and then u can play it fine :P like me
(this guide was originally from dopeman, i just rewrote it in my own way here at piratebay since it helped me)
THX SO MUCH DOPIE!!!
^ Professional PC-gaymer tips right there...

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
spekkio said:
Remove all the extractions from the theif zip folder, so that u only have the map exactly like u downloaded it and no other "thief" files.

the fuck does this mean? why couldn't the one guy offering a solution have a slight grasp on the english language? christ.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
-=DarlSephiroth666=- said:
How about you actually buy the game, you fucking freeloader?

It runs fine on Windows 7.

how about i'm not going to buy a goddamn thing unless i know it's worth it, eh? i've made that mistake twice this year. no more benefit of the fucking doubt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom