Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone going to buy the upgraded edition of the witcher?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Lestat said:
We can, in theory. The problem is that our postal service isn't very trust-worthy, and whatever you ordered can easily get "lost" on the way.

In Soviet Russia, game orders you.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I will probably buy it since I held out on the original. My only concern is how well it will run on my PC, the demo seemed a bit sluggish.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yup. Then again, I never got around to purchasing the original. By the time I was considering it, I heard about the EE.

Stauff

Liturgist
Lestat said:
The Russian translation is quite good. Anyway, the EE will allow you to choose any combination of voice-overs/subs.

The biggest problem is box content and bonus material. It's very likely maps, manuals, etc will be in Russian as well. Besides it may be possible that packaging will be different from other countries or even some things will be missing.

Anyway may be Russians from Codex may cooperate and purchase some EE in a team using approved reliable channels? Your comment on post office work style is extremely true to life.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Stauff said:
The biggest problem is box content and bonus material. It's very likely maps, manuals, etc will be in Russian as well.
They are. So what? The Russian translation of The Witcher is better than the English one. Fact.
Besides it may be possible that packaging will be different from other countries or even some things will be missing.
I don't think so. The map and the bonus discs are already included in the regular edition here.

Stauff

Liturgist
Lestat said:
They are. So what? The Russian translation of The Witcher is better than the English one. Fact.

Good to know that. It's just I have extreme prejudice against Russian language in RPG games. I've started playing RPG's long before anyone here decided to do some translation and I have already developed some 'translation' in my mind and what I typically see is complete opposite of what I expect - that's why bear with me - I have a strict policy against any Russian translation - besides EE boasts of better English translation. So yes - call me nerd but for me English translation is better than virtually any Russian translation

Texas Red

Whiner
Lestat, can you hook me up with some videos on Russian voice acting in TW?

Kogorn

Novice
Does anyone know/have a link to a list that says what's going to be new in the extended addition? I'm uninformed, and curious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom